Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8635-5610-1268-7030
    Uhm..
    Lugia Lv.100
    Ditto Lv.63
    Sceptile Lv.100
    Roserade Lv.50
    Illumise Lv.50.
    I currently don't have a sixth, because I'm leveling up and breeding and such, and haven't planned one yet.

I Want To Be With You..

Formerly wii_girliefairie.

WiiChat sucks kbai

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Ok, got me a ne team, havent got the moves yt, will edit soon.

Armaldo (Physical Wall/Sweeper)

Sceptile (Special Sweeper?)

Magnezone (Special Sweeper/Wall)

Mamoswine (Physical Wall?)

Slowbro (Defensive Special Wall)

Yanmega (Lead)
    Armaldo cannot wall with his unique, but average typing. If you want to sweep well with him, you're going to have to, by some miracle, pull two rock polishes off to do it, however, bullet punch shuts you down.

On this team, I would recomend your Sceptile being a subseeder. He's no Jumpluff (wiiiiiin), but he can do it.
    Magnezone has power, but cannot sweep well. A hefty distribution of EVs in the defensive department has always been my favorite way to go along with some support moves, but isnt the best thing fot him since he has a 4x EQ weakness (and is even slower than most EQers) a weakness to the often speedy fighting and fire types (Blaziken and Infernape would have fun) but he switches in on outrage and most steels (no Metagross) well. Traping Skarm (and with HP Fire, Bronzong) has been his job up to now.
    Mamoswine can't wall.
    Slowbro is a fantastic tank, but takes some setup and a good knowledge of your oponents team, as Slowbro has many weaknesses. Dispite being a bulky water, being weak to pursuit sucks.
    CM/Slack Off makes the 'Bro win.
    Yanmega is one of my more common leads. Good choice. Scarf Moltres is something to think about though, since you lack fire, but then you'd be lacking bug...[/TooTiredToContinue]
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Harder Core than You. Strype McClaine's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0637-6132-7577-7745
    Quote Originally Posted by WuddlePook View Post
    For leading Pokemon, you have to practically consider every worst predicament possible. CK touched up on a bit, so I'll just reiterate. Also, the deletion of Strypes thread is quite the facepalm on Wiichats fault. Shame on cleansing one of the betterer threads.

I guess that means I'll try to rewrite it, that and I'm desperately trying to figure out a solid OU team to play against some serious players...I can't get away with my usual bullshit of Lead-Scarf Venusaur this time...Im going to have to go with real things...

Any tree can drop a cherubi, i'll drop a freakin lunatone

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    I need a strong team for Battle Tower.

Gallade
    -Pyscho Cut
    -Close Combat
    -EQ
    -Leaf Blade/Swords Dance

Charizard
    -EQ
    -Heat Wave
    -Dragon Pulse?
    -Aerial Ace?

Tyranitar
    -Crunch/Dark Pulse
    -Thunderbolt/Thunder Fang
    -Ice Beam/Ice Fang
    -EQ

help with finalized moveset choices and held items
    Let me start out by saying this - your dudes are too slow. You need atleast one speedy sweeper in there, otherwise you'll meet your swift end in the battle tower soon enough.

A dragon would really be a good idea as well. Latios, for example - it's not like he's banned in the tower. Latios=epic win in OU, especially with a Soul Dew. If you can access one, you should. If not, Garchomp is good too - Garchomp would have great synergy with TTar too. You could also then use TTar as a good lead.

Anyhow.. Charizard is fragile AND slow for battle tower's standards, you should really drop him(for Garchomp! lol joking). You really need to drop someone for a faster poke IMO, and Charizard isn't a bad idea. Not good enough stats, and his movepool isn't good enough. Anything but bellyzard isn't worth it besides the unexpected sets IMO, which don't work on CPUs anyways.

If you want to use Gallade, type coverage and power is very important - and he has both.

Gallade @ L. orb

Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Psycho Cut
    Swords Dance

EQ is pretty useless on Gallade since he has close combat as is, and EQ doesn't hit many of his counters. Even if it hits some of his counters well, Close Combat hits them better usually. Leaf Blade is just.. bad type coverage. Also, I'm basing this set if you're still going to use TTar, because if you are, Rock/Dark moves are covered, meaning Gallade won't need Night Slash or Stone Edge, so the above set is pretty much great.

Anyhow.. onto TTar. When it comes to the battle tower, you don't want metagame bullshit or some movesets for suprise factor, you need raw power. A good lead TTar set would be...

TTar @ CB

Stone Edge
    Crunch
    EQ
    Aqua Tail

Notice I'm not suggesting pursuit - why? When do battle tower pokes EVER retreat? Crunch will be better 99% of the time. Stone Edge and Crunch are for STAB ofcourse, EQ is just.. there as filler mainly, but it does get good coverage w/ Stone Edge. Aqua Tail is an excellent attack, as it allows TTar to nail many would-be counters like Hippowdon or especially Gliscor. Aqua Tail also gives your team a water move to use, which is always good for the extra coverage.

I don't plan on giving a moveset for Charizard unless you're set on him, but I will if you are, ofcourse.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    thanks and Char was really only in their cause i like him. i'll take the Latios set if you'll give me one and what do i breed to get Aqua Tail on T-tar?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Aqua Tail is a Platinum tutor move actually, so you'll need to win a few battles so you can tutor it on him.

For Latios, Soul Dew is the standard item no matter what - as I'm sure you know. If you don't have access to one, I can certainly give you one of mine. You have no idea how many I have from restarting RSE so much. XD That, and I can easily clone the item.

Moveset wise, it should probably mirror Latias almost exactly. A copy of the OU L. orb set would do fine.

Latios @ Soul Dew

Draco Meteor
    Thunderbolt
    Surf
    Dragon Pulse

Latios is one hell of a sweeper, great sp. atk, dragon typing, a good movepool, AND good speed, he's scary. While he has a lot of weaknesses the metagame can take advantage of, the battle tower generally can't with their inferior CPUs. Combine a sp. def boost and a sp. atk boost equal to a specs, but without the limitations, you've got a scary dragon type.

Draco Meteor is for insane power, if say you're just shy of 2HKOing something, or want to finish the enemy's last poke. Trust me, this attack has crazy power. 359 sp. atk x1.5 + 140 BP and STAB gives you a grand total of.. A LOT of damage.

Surf paired with dragon moves gives you very good type coverage, only a few pokes wouldn't be afraid of the two moves - things like Empoleon or Suicune.

And that's where thunderbolt comes in - to hammer steel types even more if surf can't, as well as gives those bulky waters something to think about. Combine these 3 moves, and virtually nothing is safe.

And then there's Dragon Pulse, for a standard Dragon move if you don't want to drop your sp. atk with Draco Meteor, especially if you don't need your other dragon move. It's a reliable attack with a high 90 BP, and with STAB, it can sting. You'll net plenty of 2HKO's as is with Dragon Pulse, so Draco Meteor won't always be needed.

That's Latios' battle tower set in a nutshell, basically. Also, don't forget to be very wary of Heracross - he can bulldozer your team down easily. Luckily, scarf anything is rare in the battle tower, so as long as you can Psycho Cut Hera with Gallade, you'll be safe.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    sweet and i won't need one from you. Inugami has about 60 all with Soul Dew. he'll probably let me take one.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ok, id like your guys opinion on this teams flow and survivability. I already see that a salamence could pretty much crush it, with a few possible exeptions.

Aerodactyl:
    Lead
    Adamant
    Rock Head
    Moveset:
    -Iron Head
    -Rock Slide
    -Ice Fang
    -Giga Impact

Armaldo:
    Not sure of job...
    Adamant
    Battle Armor
    Moveset:
    -X-Scizzor
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Blast
    -Brick Break

Magnezone:
    Not sure of job....
    Quiet
    Magnet Pull
    Moveset:
    -Charge Beam
    -Discharge
    -Flash Cannon
    -Charge Beam

Sceptile:
    Again, not sure of job...
    Life Orb
    Mild
    Overgrow
    Moveset:
    -Drain Punch
    -X-Scizzor
    -Giga Drain
    -Leaf Storm

Dewgong:
    Not sure...maybe Wall?
    Relaxed
    Hydration
    Moveset:
    -Ice Beam
    -Brine
    -Rain Dance
    -Rest

Slowbro:
    Not sure...
    Quiet
    Own Tempo
    Moveset:
    -Calm Mind
    -Slack Off
    -Surf
    -Psychic

Ok, im sure it needs work, if you guys would be so kind to help, id appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    @ CK or wuddle-- See all the good leads I suggested, like Foretress, Yanmega, e.t.c are weak against fire, and T-tar was only my best chouce b/c of its resistance. Foretress works out best for me imo, but the fire weakness kills my team. If I use him as a suicide lead however, he could work as long as they don't lead with fire...

I Used To Be a King

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Remember BRizer, suicide leads are meant to suicide while holding a focus sash - as long as you get off Stealth Rock, that's the most important thing. So the weaknesses of your lead matter very little late game, most of the time.

I personally am against Foretress for being a suicide lead.. Rapid spin is nice to play mind games with other SRer's, but due to his terrible speed, he can't make much use of it without getting KO'd before he can explode. Once he's KO'd, they just reset SR. Foretress isn't a very good suicide lead, IMO.

TTar doesn't benefit your team due to the sandstorm, which really hurts your attempts to toxistall with Tangrowth(which would be best to swap out for something else, IMO), and just hurts a good amount of your team as well. He also can't function as a suicide lead due to his poor speed, so TTar should generally be thrown out the window.

The most important thing is, what would you rather have, a suicide lead to set up SR(it would really help Tangrowth stall and Scizor sweep, you know), or have something to lead and help in the long run somehow, whether it be a support lead or an offensive lead.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads