+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 243 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Ok guys, I have attempted to make a good, well balanced team here. Please give whatever comments, It would help. I decided to go with pokes that only have one type throughout my whole team; true that they dont have as much coverage as dual types, but they also dont have as many weaknesses, including the damned 400% done by a dually super effective move.

Anyway, here it goes.

Meganium @ Light Clay
    Overgrow:
    Special/Physical Support/Wall
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Toxic
    Earthquake

I've never used Dual-Screen Meganium with Light Clay, but I use an Aromatherapy version instead. I would rather lean towards Leech Seed > Light Screen. Your team in terms of getting hit on the special spectrum manages pretty fine with Umbeon/Espeon. Thus, Reflect would be more superior for the team.
    Although you have Will-O-Wisp for physical defense aid, it's fine as it is really.
    You just lack any healing moves and leftovers, and this just seems like it's going to set up dual screen and die afterwords being a waste. Also if this is your lead, might want to change it just because it get's wasted by Taunt leads. But I do urge for Leech Seed. It keeps out bulky Pokemon like Clefable from stopping the game, and I've won a few games because of the Leech Seed forcing walls to switch.
    Leading Banette might actually work because it's so unused, but whatever floats your boat, you know your team better than I do.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Intimidate:
    Mixed Attacker?
    Overheat
    Flare Blitz
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch

I would personally lean at Extreme Speed > Crunch, but Crunch helps the team just a bit more. Only reason I say so is you lack any really fast Poke's, so Extreme Speed would definitely be a great option. You could even go Extreme Speed > Thunder Fang, but it's fine as it is.

Umbreon @ Leftovers?
    Special Wall?
    Synchronize:
    Pursuit
    Sunny Day
    Toxic
    Moonlight

This looks so funky that it's weird. I would honestly lean towards Protect/Wish/Payback/Toxic. Pursuit isn't exactly threatening, and in the UU environment, Toxics kinda ehhhhh with all the poison types going around.

Espeon @ Colbur Berry
    Special Sweeper?
    Synchronize:
    Psychic
    Hidden Power Fighting
    Signal Beam
    Calm Mind
    Substitute > Signal Beam. But Signal Beam, as lame as it is, works for a sweeping set. I would rather go for an EspyJump/Baton Pass set. You've got quite a few fragile sweepers who would love to get CM boosts behind a sub. I used it on Shoddy and it was just awesome for me at least. Leftovers > Berry.

Pikachu @ Light Ball/ Raichu @ Focus Sash
    Physical/Special Sweeper
    Static:
    Brick Break
    Grass Knot
    Thunderbolt
    Volt Tackle

HPIce > Grass Knot, but this is fine for Pikachu.

Bannette @ Focus Sash
    Physical Sweeper/Support?
    Frisk:
    Sucker Punch
    Will-O-Wisp
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Sneak

Don't know. I can see it working, but I don't know. Banette's so slow it's not even funny, so Destiny Bonding is hard to pull off. You don't need Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak on the same set. Get Shadow Claw, or even Knock Off works replacing Sucker Punch.

There it is. Please be free to rate any way you want. Also, which is better, a Pikachu @ Light Ball, or a Raichu @ Focus Sash? Im looking for which would be a better Suicide attacker.
    That's all I can say. I love Meganium, and love Pikachu even more. But if Pikachu and Banette want any action, you just absolutely need Baton Pass Espeon or paralyze support. Very hard to bring in safely without getting ruined. At least that's how I see it.

@CK : Pichu gets Nasty Plot. Evolve it and viola. Nasty Plot Pikachu.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WuddlePook View Post
    @CK : Pichu gets Nasty Plot. Evolve it and viola. Nasty Plot Pikachu.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Huh ... Odd, I was told only Raichu learned it, not that Pichu learned it by level up. Ah well, that's precisely why I'm not a UU player.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Hmmm...Interesting comments. I love the comments for Meganium, so I will probably switch out Reflect/Light Screen for something els. Most Likely Leech Seed, because I have realized that Meganium survives a resonably long time with Reflect/Light Screen up, so Leech Seed would only help it further.

For Arcanine, ill proly switch Thunder fang for Extremespeed. That sounds like it would work better.

For Umbreon, I like the Wish/Payback thing. But as you said, Toxic wont be very useful, and I tend to stear away from Protect. Any other move recommendations for Umbreon?

Other than a Jumpy set for Espeon, other recommendations?

And for Bannette, this set has worked pretty well for me. Usually, I do use him for lead, but I also Main double battles with this team.

Usually, Ill throw out Bannette and Meganium first. The barriers put up by Meganium help Bannettes defenses, along with Bannette Will-O-Wisping everything to cut there power. Most of the time, it works quite well. The barriers, because Light Clay makes them last longer, are remarkably strong enough to shield Pikachu for two-three regularly effective moves. They seem to work well together, and Umbreon and Espeon work well as well, Sunny Day providing both of them able to fully refill their health with Morning Sun/Moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Brilliant synergy in your doubles team Storm, really. If you had something that could take advantage of the extra fire STAB it'd be nice, but.. eh. Can't have everything.

Next time, mention it's a doubles team ... as I'm sure you know, doubles is a much more complicated and different affair than singles.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I say Wish/Protect just because it's hard having one without the other. Wish taking 2 turns is extremely risky not having Protect alongside to ensure complete safety and full health. I don't know what would replace it otherwise.

In terms of Espeon, I don't have any other experience with it other than the Baton Pass set. Although as a sweeper, what you posted is fine as it is from the look of it.

And your insane playing a defensive doubles team. lol The concept of the team completely changes being doubles ._.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Member #
    Friends
    Ah, true. I should have stated that. Arcanine benefits from it. Thanks CK.

Member #
    Friends
    I say Wish/Protect just because it's hard having one without the other. Wish taking 2 turns is extremely risky not having Protect alongside to ensure complete safety and full health. I don't know what would replace it otherwise.

In terms of Espeon, I don't have any other experience with it other than the Baton Pass set. Although as a sweeper, what you posted is fine as it is from the look of it.

And your insane playing a defensive doubles team. lol The concept of the team completely changes being doubles ._.
    lol. What do you mean?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ah, true. I should have stated that. Arcanine benefits from it. Thanks CK.
    ... D'oh! That's what I get for not paying attention, I forgot you had an Arcanine. XD

Quote Originally Posted by WuddlePook
    Don't forget that not only does Protect guarentee Wish heals Umbreon, but it gives you a turn for Toxic to take it's toll on the enemy. Protect/Wish/Toxic is a great use of moves for a stalling Umbreon ... although I don't recommend Umbreon in general.

lol. What do you mean?
    Doubles is EXTREMELY fast paced and offensive, playing defensive in a doubles match is foolish. Having bulky pokes is a great idea, but having a defensive team takes balls ... and a bit of cluelessness more often than not. Since most doubles teams are designed to compliment the other pokemon that is currently out, they can often shatter each other's counters or help in doing so, which can quickly whitle down your defensive pokes to rubble.

In short, playing defensive in doubles is a very bad idea. It's possible but ... completely unpractical, and you're just asking to get creamed by a doubles expert (me, for example).

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Ah, So you are a Doubles expert. Then, In terms of Doubles, could you evaluate my team? t has, somehow, worked for me alot. Usually, Ill have one poke out either supporting or inflicting stat changes, then the other blasting them away with stronger attacks.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Normally I would, but ... as I said before, I know very little about UUs. I have little experience with UUs in singles, and literally no experience with UUs in doubles - mainly because UUs are even less common in doubles. Sorry Storm.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads