+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 243 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Movesets? Off the base, your team is REALLY quite standard. Without movesets, an official analysis cannot be given. But without, a Salamence could give this team a good whippin. With the exception of Garchomp, but hes Uber so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Just made this today. Need to try it out though...
    (Omitting EVs for the sake of simplicity and my EVs are where it needs to be regardless)

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    -Trick
    -Iron Head
    -Wish
    -U-Turn

Anti-Lead off Smogon with a few variations. Decided to lean towards Wish > Stealth Rock. Depending how things play out, I'll consider changing it up to Stealth Rock.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Mild
    -Superpower
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Roost

The wall breaking set. Since Jirachi is going Wish, I'm considering replacing Roost for Thunderbolt. Otherwise if I go with Stealth Rock on Jirachi, I'll be forced to keep Roost. Need to test it out still.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Mild
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Electric)
    -Explosion

Since Jirachi will most likely be tricking off it's Choice Scarf, I have Heatran utilizing Choice Scarf as well. Pretty standard, protects the team from obvious fire attacks. Although I run the risk of getting KO'd in the process trying to save Jirachi due to 4x weakness to EQ, can't be helped.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold
    -Reflect
    -Ice Beam
    -Rest
    -Thunder Wave

Status absorber, and thunderwaver. Aids in providing a reliable wall for my other Pokemon, as paralysis support for Togekiss. Ice beam is just for Mence and friends. Reflect because that's what the standard set said : P

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave
    -Aura Sphere
    -Roost

Paraflinch. Nothing more needs to be said.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant
    -Seed Bomb
    -Spore
    -Protect
    -Mach Punch

This was already on my Breloom so I'm keeping it. But Mach Punch gives me the lovely priority which I otherwise lack. With Hypnosis' drop in accuracy, less teams are inclined to have a sleep absorber, so yay me. Protect to scout, and Seed Bomb is STAB.

Overall, it looks solid on paper- to me at least. With 2 fliers (Dragonite + Togekiss) and a levitator (Cresselia) I believe I can handle EQ's. Any recommendations on a change of moveset, etc. with intelligent reasoning is appreciated.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i have no suggestion for a replacement but is Rest really a smart idea?

Member #
    Friends
    Yes.

You see, if a fellow Pokemon were to say, use Toxic/Thunder Wave on me (Or I Thunder Waved something with Synchronize), by using Rest I recover to full health and get rid of my status. So if I predict a Pokemon is going to aim a Will-O-Wisp at my Dragonite, I can switch to Cresselia to absorb it, and rest to eliminate it. Combined with the huge defenses Cresselia has, very few Pokemon will 2HKO me meaning I should be fine.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Member #
    Friends
    In red I had:
    Charizard/Vaporeon/Dragonite/Nidoking/Golem

Member #
    Friends
    Here was my sapphire team:

Sableye: lv 78

shadow ball
    faint attack
    confuse ray
    shock wave

Metagross: lv 80

Hyper beam
    meteor smash
    psychic
    earthquake

Gardevoir: lv 85

Destiny Bond
    Shadow ball
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

Suicine: lv 95

Blizzard
    Ice beam
    surf
    Hydro pump

kyroge: lv 89

sheer cold
    thunder
    water spout
    waterfall

as you can tell I'm really on the offensive side, any advice to improve?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Suicune and Sableye aren't very offensive, actually. Gardevoir and Metagross are too slow to be raw offensive too; Gardevoir is more of a special tank/supporter that hits hard.

Aaaanyways... You'll have to take off that Kyogre before I give advice/an analysis, it's an uber (no, Suicune isn't), which puts you into an ubers battle. You'd get slaughtered in an uber fest, lol.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not sure what to replace kyroge with.
    I have Tropius: lv 78

Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    aerial ace
    fly

hows that.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Tropius is better than a Kyogre since it's uber, but... still pretty bad.

If you want offensive pokes, you need to get rid of Tropius. Sunny Day only worsens Suicune's Water move damage, and increases Metgross' weakness to fire. It's a bad idea, really.

Sableye also isn't nearly strong enough for being purely offensive; confuse ray isn't really enough. If you want a Ghost type for offensive duty/a little support (in the form of Hypnosis), Gengar would do well.

As for Tropius, there are a lot of better Grass Types; for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, something like Roserade is not only faster, but hits much harder, and has a better movepool.

Anyways... For Suicune, drop Blizzard, too low accuracy and you have Ice Beam. Also, drop either Hydro Pump or Surf, either one will do. Surf is generally better for Suicune, but... eh. Your choice.

The moves to replace on Suicune should be something like... Calm Mind/Tailwind. Tailwind really helps your slow team out for a few turns. For 3 turns, Tailwind doubles all your pokemon's speed, handy right? Since your team is slow, it can help you sweep the enemy team.

Calm Mind is more along the lines of sweeping the enemy. Since it boosts sp. def, you'll take special hits very well. The Sp. atk boost lets you obviously, sweep. Suicune doesn't hit very hard, so Calm Mind is a very welcome strategy. Also, it'd be best to only have either Calm Mind or Tailwind, having both probably isn't too smart. You can do that to make Suicune a speed demon for two turns, but I don't think it's worth it to have both.

For the last slot, you could have Shadow Ball as another offensive option, but it's coverage is limited. A great idea is Reflect; it supports your team even further, and pairs great with Calm Mind. With both, you take little damage from both special AND physical attacks, so you're free to Calm Mind a few times, and sweep with immense Sp. atk.

For Gardevoir, drop Destiny Bond and Dream Eater. Destiny Bond can't be applied effectively since she's slow, and Dream Eater is unreliable; Psychic only has 15 less power, and you don't need to risk the 60% accuracy Hypnosis every time.

For Gardevoir, she's not fast or sturdy enough to be pure offensive, so she's better left for support. However, she still hits hard, so give her Psychic; keep Shadow Ball if you don't give Shadow Ball to Suicune. If you do give Shadow Ball to Suicune, it's a good idea to give Gardevoir Thunderbolt.

Besides that, the last moveslot should be either Will-O-Wisp, or Thunderwave. Will-O-Wisp crushes physical attackers, meaning with Suicune's Reflect up, physical attackers can't do squat against your team. Gardevoir and Suicune have high Sp. def (especially when using Calm Mind), so Will-O-Wisp is a great choice.

However, if you don't use Tail Wind on Suicune, I highly recommend Thunderwave. Thunderwave slows down anything not a ground type/has Volt Absorb, making your team have a speed advantage. With this, all your pokemon should be moving first against a paralyzed one, meaning you have a huge advantage. This also lets Suicune Calm Mind up easier if an enemy can't attack a turn or two, which makes Thunderwave a great idea.

Metagross needs to drop Hyper Beam and Psychic, they're useless on him since he's a physical attacker. Simply put. Keep Earthquake and Meteor Mash, though.

Metagross is pretty easy to use as a physical attacker, a simple thing you can do with him is give him a Choice Band to hold, and give him the moves Explosion and Thunderpunch. Right then and there, he becomes a wrecking ball of destruction. Simple, right?

Well, there's the team analysis. I won't give one for Tropius or Sableye because they're generally inferior; if you're bent on using them, I'd gladly give you some advice, though.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    yeah I didn't think that through when deciding to have sunny day.
    thanks for the analysis, I might to abit of tinkering with my team.
    Last edited by Ciscada; 04-09-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Ads