Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Giratina
    Riolu

some pokemon names are hard to spell but just figured i'd point out the right spelling anyways

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0736-7929-1645
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    I appreciate it, but no thanks. If I absolutely have to use a legend, id rather it at least be my own. Ill run a specs set.

And yes, pride is the downfall of many, but I am a leo. Its in my nature, cant really do much to change it.

Im with you on this Storm. I dislike using legendarys because like you said I see them as collector items.

[begin rant again]
    Quote Originally Posted by GEX 3D: Enter The Gecko
    So we negotiate a little something to cover my expensives, they throw in one of those secret agents suits, and I tell them we got a deal. Looks like im heading back into the media dimension. Its gonna be day-sha-ouch, all over again.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    @ Fox: No, thats not my problem. Like you said, it is difficult, but not the source of the problem. Also, I understand what your saying about Heatran, and I suppose if I must, I will give it a shot....

@ Wuddle: Good arguement. First, im not only talkin OU's. Doesnt make a huge difference but, just thought I would point it out. I looked through the tiers, ly hate the fact that nearly all of the Uber tier are legendaries.... Also, its true the legends you named arent the greatest Wuddle, but there are a vastly larger majority that are ridiculous, eg the Uber tier. I know Garchomps in it an stuff, but he is just great anyways. Idk, I suppose in the end it comes down to a pride thing. I dont like using legendaries, I look down on myself when I do. Bc I feel like, what have I really done? I just did what any other person could do? and its not like the legends have such great movepools that your not going to see the same set on the same legend over, and over, and over again.

I understand your point about overused common pokes, but thats what I try avoiding anyways. Like you even said, your much more likely to see the same sets on a legend nearly everytime than you are on something like Tyranitar or Salamence, who have wider options.

Like I said, in the end, its a pride thing. This one time, this ONE time I will put a legendary on my team. But there is .001 chance it will ever happen again. I really despise using legends and see them only as either collectors items or ridiculous gimps in battles. I am Leo Zodiac, and I stay true to it with my terrible pride... lol.
    Not using legends is showing you don't understand the difference of competitive battling and casual gaming, Storm. :P Because when it comes down with it, OU legends (and even the lesser UU legends) are normal pokes, just like any other OU. It's just the n00bs that poison others into thinking legends are an advantage, sort of like a social influence of casual gamers. I can't tell you how many times I mopped the floor with uber teams using an OU team when battling some n00b. All the unfair legendaries are banned, and all the fair ones remain after extensive testing.

So, really, you're just deluding yourself about the pride thing since many legendaries are equal, or even weaker than OU standards. But I won't get any deeper than that, I'm not trying to repeat the arguement. :P Think of it more as a closing statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BENNY10 View Post

Im with you on this Storm. I dislike using legendarys because like you said I see them as collector items.

[begin rant again]
    If they're collector's items, then it shows you've got balls and skills to use them in a battle. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BENNY10 View Post

[begin rant again]
    If I bought some rare European cookies, would you look at them through a glass case, or eventually eat it?

If I purchased a rare breed of a dog, would I lock it in a cell or take it out and train it and whatnot?

If I caught a legend with damn good IVs, I'm not going to look at it sitting in my PC, I'm going to use it.

And as far as OU/Uber legends go, Ubers are banned from standard play for a reason. There's a reason you're not supposed to use steroids in sports, because it's an obvious unfair advantage. The fact that Ubers are considered used for standard play goes to show that you're playing casual games, which isn't meant to be serious at all.

and to this-
    I dont like using legendaries, I look down on myself when I do. Bc I feel like, what have I really done? I just did what any other person could do?
    I can easily flip that and by using Articuno and Moltres on the same team (Which I have done before), what have I done? I've used some of the most underrated Pokemon in standard play, and kicked absolute ass. I could've easily got Blissey to wall specially and grab a Choice Specs Salamence to replace the two, but I've got my pride of not using the fat pink whore as a sponge and originality (Not to say I don't like my SpecsMence every now and then).
    If it's originality you seek, take a page out of my book and play with the UU's/NU's and have a blast (Quagsires absolutely beast atm. My team of Quagsire/Venasaur/Uxie/Houndoom/Swellow/Registeel has yet to lose, each team being OU heavy that I've played). Otherwise, as far as legends being stronger and whatnot, this about covers it,
    Because when it comes down with it, OU legends (and even the lesser UU legends) are normal pokes, just like any other OU.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0736-7929-1645
    You have kind of actually persuaded me Wuddle. I guess if the whole community excepts them, there alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEX 3D: Enter The Gecko
    So we negotiate a little something to cover my expensives, they throw in one of those secret agents suits, and I tell them we got a deal. Looks like im heading back into the media dimension. Its gonna be day-sha-ouch, all over again.

Member #
    Friends
    5780-6737-0605-2288
    my ultimate team
    lvl100 blazakin
    Click Here

Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    0044-8746-9160
    Call Of Duty:
    0646-1701-7109
    Wii Friend Code
    7469-5232-6433-0433

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    So I got Platinum.

I'm going into Victory Road right now with...

Torterra Lv 47 with Soft Sand
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Crunch
    Razor Leaf

Garchomp Lv 48 with Dragon Fang
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Rock Climb
    Shadow Claw

Lucario Lv 48 with King's Rock
    Close Combat
    Dragon Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    Bone Rush

Golduck Lv 47 with Amulet Coin
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Waterfall

Luxray Lv 46 with Magnet
    Spark
    Charge
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch

Crobat Lv 48 with Poison Barb
    Poison Fang
    Bite
    Fly
    Wing Attack

So am I totally screwed or will I be alright? Remember, this is an in-game team, so I don't really have any need for a wall or whatever.

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well, I think your team is gonna have some trouble, at least with the first of the E4. Bug trainer, an you got nothing that really resists nor a strong fire type. Crobat is your best bet for Aaron, but even then, its not lookin to hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    teach Garchomp Fire Fang, raise him and Torterra to about 65 and you should do good. thats what i did and i got through just fine.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I think you should do fine with that, WMBQ. A couple levels here and there wouldn't hurt though. =]
    Last edited by Fox; 06-16-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Ads