+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Mah pokebawls, let meh sh0 u dem. http://media.photobucket.com/image/p...bolas.jpg?o=18

Arceus.. hmm.. what is there to talk about..? ...Shit, I'm terrible at starting new topics. Oh, now I remember.. Did you know Arceus can OHKO Mewtwo on roughly 5 of his sets, and can OHKO without setting up on the choice banding one? ... >.>;;;
    Ummmm.....What to say....what to say.....mmm...uhhhh....

So?

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Harder Core than You. Strype McClaine's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0637-6132-7577-7745
    Did you know that Fighting Arceus would in fact be possibly screwed up, if mewtwo actualy ran psychic

Any tree can drop a cherubi, i'll drop a freakin lunatone

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Would a Mewtwo waste a very important moveslot for a moveset when it absolutely needs every moveslot to be useful, rather than completely situational? Sure, Mewtwo can run psychic - but there's almost nothing to be afraid about Fighting Arceus. It's mostly used to counter the metagame, and a very akward CMer at worst. Fighting Arceus isn't really all that threatening compared to his other options, or atleast in an offensive perspective. Having a team weakness to Fist Plate Arceus would be extremely rare.. If otherwise there's no reason to run Psychic on Mewtwo bar Palkia, which you should have a counter for anyways.

But yeah, on the rare occasion someone stupidly(or even rarer, does so skillfully)puts Psychic on Mewtwo, he can murder Fighting Arceus. The real question is.. why would someone do that?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    The same reason someone brings a mixed Golduck to an OU battle.
    (Oh hai)

On Arceus-Meh...
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Would a Mewtwo waste a very important moveslot for a moveset when it absolutely needs every moveslot to be useful, rather than completely situational? Sure, Mewtwo can run psychic - but there's almost nothing to be afraid about Fighting Arceus. It's mostly used to counter the metagame, and a very akward CMer at worst. Fighting Arceus isn't really all that threatening compared to his other options, or atleast in an offensive perspective. Having a team weakness to Fist Plate Arceus would be extremely rare.. If otherwise there's no reason to run Psychic on Mewtwo bar Palkia, which you should have a counter for anyways.

But yeah, on the rare occasion someone stupidly(or even rarer, does so skillfully)puts Psychic on Mewtwo, he can murder Fighting Arceus. The real question is.. why would someone do that?
    I always had pshycic for me Mewtwo >_>

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Why wouldent you teach him Psychic? Hes a psychic type, so he would get a power-boost from it. The correct name escapes me.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    I always had pshycic for me Mewtwo >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Why wouldent you teach him Psychic? Hes a psychic type, so he would get a power-boost from it. The correct name escapes me.
    Lol.. With a new generation comes a new metagame, and new rules to abide by, as well as new rules for typing. Let me explain. (and the power boost you're thinking of, is called STAB Nick, Same Type Attack Bonus)

In ubers, pokemon are predominatly Psychic types, correct? Psychic does very bad against Psychic types ofcourse, and since there are tons of Psychic types around, you could be using that Psychic moveslot for something much more effective.

See, in ubers, an offensive pokemon, mainly sweepers, always covers atleast 2 of these 4 types of moves: Ice, Dragon, Electric, and Grass. Why is that? Almost every single uber is hit supereffective by a combination of these moves. Electric smashes water types like Kyogre, as well as fliers like Ho-Oh and Lugia. Dragon kills off all the dragons bar Dialga, and Ice also has impressive attacking type coverage as well as killing all the dragons, besides Palkia. Ice also again, hits fliers.

Grass is basically just the move Grass Knot. Mostly used to smash Kyogre and Groudon at the same time, as they're extremely common ubers(the former being much more common, however), since they change weather.

Now, think of this - since every sweeper carries a slew of these moves since when combined, they hit almost all ubers for super effective damage, right? Now, think about Psychic - what does it hit super effective in ubers? A very rare Arceus that is weak to Psychic, and that's it. Pretty useless, right?

Now you may complain "but it still does really good nuetral damage!", this doesn't matter. Everything Psychic hits nuetral in ubers, bar Palkia, is hit harder by Grass Knot/Thunder/Dragon moves/Ice as a super effective move. Being that Mewtwo already 2HKOs Palkia with 399 Sp. atk(max Sp. atk EVs, no increasing nature)Grass Knot/Thunder backed with a life orb, Psychic is already useless, bar hitting a few random Arceus, mainly fighting - which is rare as is.

So basically, Psychic hits everything weaker than other options on Mewtwo's movesets, as well as other Psychic types.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 02-12-2009 at 04:23 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    And THAT'S why uber battles are soooo boring.
    OU/BL & UU/BL FTW!
    WiiChat Forum Moderator

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    It's also why ubers is so exciting, Fox. It depends on the person to whether they think it's fun or boring, ofcourse. Anyways, ubers depends so much on prediction the slightest skill level difference can decide victory. There's also less to work with, which demands perfect team synergy, as well as needing to consider everything about the metagame. Sort of like you had to be prepared for 'Chomp in some way if you're making an OU team back in the day. Except, ubers has a lot more checks to deal with, which also demands not only excellent prediction skills, but also a perfect team(again, team synergy is absolutely necesarry).

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I still say meh. OU is the same way but to a greater extent due to there being 225897523x more usable pokes.
    Ubers are so predictable, I could narrerate a match I've never seen.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads