Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8732-1983-1731-5239
    Yeah its a great poke...
    but claiming it to be best was an error

[Novice Breeder]
    Mk fc:0474-1377-6781
    Ssbb fc:2492-6240-2712
    D/P Fc:4769-3150-8316
    Platinum Fc:1934-6693-9691 Any Lastwords?

^sig by shadow^

Member #
    Friends
    In support of Jirachi, I'll go ahead and throw down some more notable things about it-

-TrickRachi is apparently a nifty way to run with it.
    -Just it's overall typing coupled with it's defenses. Goes hand in hand with steel types.
    -Strong support moves (Dual Screen / Wish / Rain Dance / Toxic / Thunderwave [No one uses anyways, but it's there])

Although there is no strongest Pokemon, because x < y in every case, but the solid movepool Jirachi offfers, the ability to either hit on the physical/special side, and strong defenses make it quite the heavy contender.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Harder Core than You. Strype McClaine's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0637-6132-7577-7745
    That, and wuddle knows how much I rock out with rachi....

In my mind, the awesome quotient = Epic Win / Fail

And Jirachi has a verry high awesome quotient...
    Im calling this the McClaine factor...

Wuddle's note of pokemon being an X<Y<Z<X sort of game is 100&#37; true, the question then remains, who can be more durable against what group of the largest group, that is to say, basic game theory, and then why we have a metagame.

Jirachi for example was a poke who, saw a large decrease in use when its biggest threat, garchomp, was prevalent, with the lack of threat, increase.
    Oddly, one of the biggest threats and walls to standard rachi, is oddly snorelax, who can easly kill, and block the rachi...however the plat tutors do change things alot...

Side note, with the plat tutors available, Azelf has become a lot more powerfull, as the options increased, and its over all Epic win stat has shot up dramaticly,
    Last edited by Strype McClaine; 03-30-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Any tree can drop a cherubi, i'll drop a freakin lunatone

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    No thread revivel.. Ugh...i wish the auto thread lock was on this site.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post
    I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: there's no reason people should be denied the right to post in an old thread. The awesome face post was spam and I reported it, but otherwise? Yeah no reason to not post here.

Now I am partial to Mewtwo personally, simply because he's the original legendary Pokemon. Everyone made after him was created just to copy him, specifically the 3 psychic legendaries in the Sinnoh region...which is ironic since he's a clone. However I always feel a pain of anger when I see Ash's Charizard lose to anybody as I used to always say he was the strongest, and still say he's the coolest.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    To a certain degree, so do I...

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: there's no reason people should be denied the right to post in an old thread. The awesome face post was spam and I reported it, but otherwise? Yeah no reason to not post here.

Now I am partial to Mewtwo personally, simply because he's the original legendary Pokemon. Everyone made after him was created just to copy him, specifically the 3 psychic legendaries in the Sinnoh region...which is ironic since he's a clone. However I always feel a pain of anger when I see Ash's Charizard lose to anybody as I used to always say he was the strongest, and still say he's the coolest.
    And S.S. said exactly why I'm sort of in between on the matter of auto-locking threads. Denying people the right to revive threads for a good reason, just to stop n00bs from being idiots in only one of their 1000 ways, is hardly a good trade off.

Well, the Lake Trio of Sinnoh were copying Mew in terms of characteristics, not Mewtwo to be specific, but... >.>

Arceus, as I've said over and over. If he can create the entire universe, he can get rid of it, too. A god is a god, after all.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    strongest pokemon (did not read the post only the title). A lot of different pokemon wield different advantages. But Arceus is my favorite..
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post

Well if youve said it that many times, havent you relized im not a good listener.:P.

In my memory of playing pokemon...i thought it was Mew...thats like one of the only rare pokemon i know. Also, HO-HO my personal favorite, dont know why.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by ArceusLord View Post
    strongest pokemon (did not read the post only the title). A lot of different pokemon wield different advantages. But Arceus is my favorite..
    In other words...

Quote Originally Posted by WuddlePook View Post
    there is no strongest Pokemon, because x < y in every case
    But there's also to consider...

Quote Originally Posted by Strype McClaine View Post
    Wuddle's note of pokemon being an X<Y<Z<X sort of game is 100% true, the question then remains, who can be more durable against what group of the largest group, that is to say, basic game theory, and then why we have a metagame.
    Well if youve said it that many times, havent you relized im not a good listener.:P.

In my memory of playing pokemon...i thought it was Mew...thats like one of the only rare pokemon i know. Also, HO-HO my personal favorite, dont know why.
    That, or you havn't been around long enough. =P

Back in Red, Blue, and Yellow (RBY), Mew was definatly the second strongest in the game, but nothing held a candle to Mewtwo. That's just plain obvious.

Ho-Oh's actually one of the most abysmal legendary pokemon that have naturally high stats (i.e., uber pokemon). It's high attack (it was much higher than special attack) in the days of Gold and Silver (GSC) was completely unused since Flying was a shite offensive type, and Fire used the special attack stat, not physical attack. The same was true in the Ruby and Sapphire (RSE) generation, but atleast it got an item to increase it's attack by 1.5, so even though it had no good moves that're the same type as it, it could still hit hard.

Ho-Oh's much better nowadays, though. While it's huge weakness to rock gets it murdered by the ever-common move Stealth Rock (after the move is used, thanks to a rock weakness, Ho-Oh loses 50% of it's HP every time it switches in), it gets physical fire moves now, and with that, Sunny Day support to boost it's strength even further. It's still not the best uber pokemon, but it's amazing when compared to the first game it came out in.

ARCEUS?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads