Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Game Freak
JP - Q4 2009
US & EU - Q1 2010
Genre: Turn-Based RPG
New Additions / Improvements Info:
- Gold receives a redesign while a new player character apparently replaces Kris.
- The DS's 3D capabilities are utilized in selecting the starter Pokémon.
- The PokéGear has been redesigned. Now, it features two designs, one blue and white for males and another white and pink for females.
- Much like Kanto's was for its remakes, Johto's Pokédex has been redesigned; however, just the same, it retains the same Pokédex order referred to as the "New Pokédex" in Generation II.
- An image of certain locations, similar to that of FireRed and LeafGreen, appears when entering the location.
- Team Rocket Grunts are designed like they were in FireRed and LeafGreen.
-Elm's Lab has an upstairs level.
- Maps have been remade to match the design style used in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
- The Pokémon storage system, bag and party interface all use the Nintendo DS's touch screen.
- All 493 Pokémon are capable of following the player similar to Pikachu in Yellow. CoroCoro showed examples of several examples including Steelix and Wobbuffet. Shininess is apparently retained. More specific details are currently unknown.
- Similarly to the event Shaymin and Regigigas's effect on Platinum, the Pikachu-colored Pichu to be given to those who have pre-ordered tickets to the twelfth movie will unlock an event near the Ilex Forest Shrine featuring the Notched-ear Pichu.
- The screen that pops up when pressing the Start or X buttons in the previous games appears on the touch screen instead.
- Groudon and Kyogre will appear in SoulSilver and HeartGold, respectively, after the Elite Four, and Rayquaza can be caught in both games once the other members of its trio are brought into the game.
- Cynthia and Arceus are shown together in an unknown location.