LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Official Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    DP, sue me.
    Actually... Nope. It was not a Double Post
    Beat me to the post, lol.

If you want me to store your pokes for ya, I've no problem with it. Same as cloning for someone, except you just keep the pokes a bit longer; and less trading.
    And honestly, they're hacked anyways. So you could probably just dissect the stats, and not even keep them in your box. I'm not sure what they're stats are, but oh well.

Done posting. Good bye.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    5805-3018-2025-1718
    i don't feel reading all this
    3DS code: 2191-7647-6022

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    What's too long, the first post or my over-detailed posts? I can make better TL;DR's if you want.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Im doing a run on Leaf Green. Sorry I couldnt update earlier, I was out of town. Heres my rules:

My rules:

-Release Pokemon if it faints
    -Can only catch first Pokemon in each area
    -Can only hold up to 3 healing items (Potions, Antidote, Ethers, etc)
    -Battle Style must be Set, not Shift

Anyway, Im in Celedon City right now with the following team:

Charizard (Lizardon) lv.37

-Flamethrower
    -Metal Claw
    -Mega Kick
    -Fly

Fearow (Fluzzard) lv. 35
    -Peck
    -Secret power
    -Pursuit
    -Mirror Move

Graveler (Bigoron) lv. 36

-Rock Throw
    -Magnitude
    -Rollout
    -Defense Curl

Pinsir (Stagtite) lv. 19

-Brick Break
    -Seismic Toss
    -Cut
    -Bind

Hitmonlee (Hitmonoris) lv.25

-Brick Break
    -Jump Kick
    -Rolling Kick
    -Focus Energy

As you can see, Pinsir and Hitmonlee are still in training. And Im not teaching Fearow Fly because I think it will learn Drill Peck soon. As for the Water type, Im thinking Slowpoke (Shellder isnt found in LeafGreen, damnitt.)

Going to tackle the Rocket hideout and Erikas Gym real soon.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    A lot of crazy shit happened recently.

I was training Hitmonlee, and some Koffing gets a critical with Sludge and poisons it in the same freaking turn, killing it. Damnitt...

After I beat Erika and the Rocket Hideout, I got the Poke Flute from Pokemon Tower. I took the long route to Fuscha City, killing the Snorlax, figuring I could just catch the other one. I also caught a Bellsprout on the way there.

I got the Surf and Strength HMs, and taught Surf to my Gyarados. Graveler swept through the entire Poison Gym no problem. And by Surfing, I encounter a wild Slowpoke, which I want to catch. But, instead of using Sleep Powder, I accidentally have my Victreebel kill it with Secret Power....nice. Luckily, I catch another one in Vermillion City, and grind it up to level 40.

Now time to invade Silph Co., which was taken over by Team Rocket. It wasnt so hard, I just had to heal at the Pokemon Center every 20 seconds cause I kept getting poisoned.

Then I go to take on Sabrinas Gym. Naturally, I thought it would be easy, since my already tankish Slowbro knows Amnesia. Of course, Im fu-king wrong. Her Calm Minding Mr. Mime Baton Tosses to Alakazam, which kills my Slobro with a Critical-hit Psychic. Now Im scared shitless, because this bastard has the potential to easily kill my entire team. Luckily, Charizard manages to outrun it and murder it with Fly. What a close call......geez.

Also, when I try to catch the Snorlax near Celedon City, I forget to bring enough Poke Balls, and fail to catch it. I r smart. At least I wasnt planning to use it on my team anyway.....

Ill try not to post so much in one update again, sorry.

To sum it up:

-Hitmonlee dies to some nerds Koffing
    -Beat Erika
    -Beat Rocket hideout
    -Caught Victreebell
    -Beat Koga
    -Caught Slowbro
    -Beat Silph. Co
    -Slowbro dies to Sabrinas stupid Alakazam
    -Beat Sabrina
    -Failed to catch Snorlax

Current Team:

Charizard (Lizardon) lv.45

-Flamethrower
    -Steel Wing
    -Fly
    -Mega Kick

Graveler (Bigoron) lv. 43

-Rock Slide
    -Magnitude
    -Rollout
    -Defense Curl

Fearow (Fluzzard) lv. 42

-Drill Peck
    -Secret power
    -Mirror Move
    -Pursuit

Pinsir (Stagtite) lv. 43

-Strength
    -Brick Break
    -Revenge
    -Guillotine

Victreebel (Sapsack) lv. 43

-Acid
    -Secret Power
    -Sleep Powder
    -Giga Drain
    Last edited by Neosquid; 07-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Sounds exciting, to say the least. It does spark my interest. As soon as CK gets back, I'll trade him my Battle Team and try it on Platinum.

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Im doing a run on Leaf Green. Sorry I couldnt update earlier, I was out of town. Heres my rules:

My rules:

-Release Pokemon if it faints
    -Can only catch first Pokemon in each area
    -Can only hold up to 3 healing items (Potions, Antidote, Ethers, etc)
    -Battle Style must be Set, not Shift
    Props for using Set, Nick. Me using it meant death for my Staravia (I always have Set on, no matter the playthrough type), so... it's a lot more hindering than people think.

Holy balls at the healing item rule though, Nick. That takes guts, but it's certainly doable (Lemonade, Full Heals, Fresh Waters early game, Hyper Potions, Full Heals, Full Restores end game).

I feel your pain about the crits... DX

Let's see, where was I... Oh, right, Solaceon. Did a lot, so more slimming down...

Into the Solaceon Ruins, I found a crap-ton of items, caught an unown, and immediatly traded my Machoke back and forth between games, evolving it. Then, I left towards Route 210. I encountered a Scyther immediatly, hence I was happy, and managed to catch it! But I discovered it had a Timid nature... DAMNIT! Ups it's already high speed, and lowers attack. Absolutely useless. Moving on...

Taking a right to 215, I battled my way through plenty of trainers, leveling up Roselia primarily. A few close calls, remedied by a Super Potion or two, but nothing scary yet. I was ecstatic to find the Staravia I was hoping for near the end of the route, and caught it promptly; to discover it also has a Timid nature... ... ...

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ariving at Veilstone with two Timid natures in tow, I promptly destroyed the gym with my Machamp and Roselia, and proceeded to beat up the Galactic goons. Obtained Fly, and taught it to Staravia. I wanted to teach Machamp some Tutor moves via shards, so off to the underground in Eterna! But two hours of item farming, and all I got were some stones, an Icicle Plate, and some items to sell... Not a single blue shard; I need 6 of them for any Punch move. Only have 2. -.-; Defeated, I flew back to Veilstone...

After getting a Porygon for free, I went off to Pastoria. This was 3 AM, so my stupidity level was over 9000; hence me leaving Roselia in on a Geodude to catch it. When it selfdestructed, my heart sank; but I didn't need to sulk, since Roselia survived with a miraculous 2 HP... oh thank god. After healing, continue trainer grinding, and off to Lake Valor.

Trying to find another Staravia, but all I got was a Girafarig (WITH ANOTHER F**KING TIMID NATURE! GRAH!). I'll be out of Staravia locations soon. =/ Right outside of Pastoria, I found a Wingull instead of a Staravia, ugh... When I arrived in Pastoria, I hunted the great marsh, only to find a Wooper, and promptly leave. I'm not catching anything useful...

I left to route 212 to hopefully find a Staravia, but again I'm disappointed when I catch a Shellos instead. WHY AM I GETTING ALL THESE CRAPPY WATER TYPES?! DX

Again, this was late at night, so when I got to Backlot's Trophy Garden, I didn't stop to think Kricketunes and Kricketots plagued the place at night. So I caught a Kricketune instead of my beloved Staravia... Damnit! T_T

Back to Pastoria again, I trashed the gym leader, beat up a Galactic Grunt, and moved on to Celestic Town. On the way, I scoured literally the entire route with my Dowser to find a Shiny Stone, only to discover you need Surf to get it... I only thought "screw it", and after easily defeating Cyrus, moved onto Canalave. I immediatly went to Iron Island, and again scoured the entire place with my dowser. Found a lot of healing items and star pieces, but... eh. Figures the Shiny Stone was in the last room of the dungeon; not even needing to be dowsed. -.-

Regardless, back to Canalave, we evolve our Roselia to Roserade, and save. Ok, I'm not going to update so spaciously anymore, atleast once between each badge.

Stealing Nick's format for TL;DR:

-Caught a rediculous amount of bad nature/water pokes!
    -Got two more badges easily!
    -Wasted a lot of time, effort, and money...
    -Evolved Roselia to Roserade!

Current Team:

Machamp Lv. 44 @ Fist Plate
    Sassy Nature
    Moveset:

Cross Chop
    Revenge
    Payback
    Vital Throw

Needs some offensive type variety, I know... Would have some if I was given some blue shards. -_-;

Roserade @ Big Root
    Docile Nature
    Moveset:

Stun Spore
    Petal Dance
    Giga Drain
    Magical Leaf

Same issue as Machamp. As soon as I get Sludge Bomb, it's getting it.

Empoleon @ Iron Plate
    Timid (ARGH!) Nature
    Moveset:

Metal Claw
    Surf
    Brine
    Peck

Will be replacing Metal Claw with Flash Cannon after gym, and Peck with anything; Ice Beam, maybe.

And then, Floatzel (Route 218), Graveler, and an egg [both from Iron Island(unhatched Riolu)]. Which brings up an issue I just realized; they're both from iron island... guess that egg's being released once it hatches. .-. I gotta stop playing Nuzlocke Challenges when I'm dead-tired. XD

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    DP, woopeedoo.

Shorter update! =D

As you'd expect, I went straight for the gym apon turning on my DS. Machamp and Empoleon OHKO'd everything, literally. A paralyzed Machamp with Guts is a frightening poke when it lands super effective STAB moves. ... Well, unless it can't move 3 times in a row... which has happened every time it's gotten paralyzed so far... WHATTHESHITHAX?!

Byron was crushed, badge #6 is mine. Moving on! Galactic bomb goes off in Lake Valor, so we go and crush many grunts, and take on Galactic Admin Saturn. Toxicroak took two surfs, but... can't say anything good for his other pokes, lol. The galactics retreat, and it's off to Lake Verity!

Before beating the second pair of grunts, I took the liberty of lobbing a Dusk Ball at a Starly, lv. 2. Yes, I'm serious. Returning to the center, I'm happy to see it has a Docile nature (nuetral), the same as Roserade! Slap on an EXP. Share, and back to Verity.

Pwnt Mars for the second time (again, Purugly survived two surfs; and did a measly 20 damage back with a Crit ), and we stocked up on items for our journy to Snowpoint. I scoured Mt. Coronet and the Routes to Snowpoint with the Dowser and found a plethora of items; happily, two blue shards... Only two more now. .-.

Caught a Sneasel, and killed a Snover accidentally (it died from Empoleon's peck for god's sake...). Many trainers later, Starly evolved, and by the time we finish invading Galactic HQ, I'm sure I'll have a Staraptor ready for battle! I gave it a crapton of vitamins, after all (10 protein, 6 carbos, and whatever Irons and HP Ups I had on me). Save at the center, and next time I'll tackle gym 7; another easy one for Empoleon and Machamp.

To sum things up;

-Got a gym badge; #6!
    -Crushed both Galactic Admins!
    -Caught a non-Timid Starly and evolved it!
    -Caught a Sneasel!

-Found lots of hidden items.
    -Killed a wild Snover...

Team as of now:

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses Lv. 48
    Torrent
    Moveset:

Flash Cannon (courtesy of gym 6)
    Surf
    Brine
    Peck

Roserade @ Big Root Lv. 48
    Poison Point
    Moveset:

Shadow Ball
    Petal Dance
    Giga Drain
    Magical Leaf (soon to be replaced by Sludge Bomb)

Machamp @ Fist Plate Lv. 48
    Guts
    Moveset: (no changes)

Cross Chop
    Revenge
    Payback
    Vital Throw

Staravia @ Exp. Share Lv. 31
    Intimidate
    Moveset:

Defog (deleting ASAP)
    Wing Attack (replace with Close Combat)
    Fly
    Aerial Ace (replace with anything, maybe Return once friendship is max)

Graveler Lv. 31, Bidoof Lv. 4. Both are HM slaves, although I'll replace Bidoof with a Bibarel/Floatzel soon.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I gotta stop playing Nuzlocke Challenges when I'm dead-tired. XD
    You get tired, CK? Us cyborgs never get tired.......you fleshys are so weak.

I guess your doing pretty good, CK. I wouldent worry so much about natures, through. Theyre not really that important. I dont think so, at least.

__________________________________________________ ______

Now obviously, with Slowbro gone, I need a replacement Water-type. After all, If I didnt have one Id have to kill myself. So I just decide to grind my Lapras up to lv. 45. And Lapras has Shell Armor, so it cant be hit by crits! Ha ha, yeah.

I Surf from Pallet Town to Cinnabar, and get the key from Pokemon Mansion. Lapras tears through Blaines Gym with no problem. Bill drags me to the Sevii Islands and forces me to do his job. I catch a lv. 37 Slowbro there, and when I get back to Kanto, I trade it for some dudes Lickitung. I plan to use it as a backup member in case something dies.

Lapras completely owned Giovanni. I really think its too overpowered...but whatever. 8 badges, yeah! Now time to take on the League!.....but not before another battle with my rival, Blue. He was actually a little bit tough, due to having higher levels then me. Believe it or not, Blastoises Water Gun took out 3/4ths of Fearows health with a Rain Dance boost. Geez, good thing it didnt know Surf or Hydro Pump.

Victory road was a freaking b-tch. The trainers had extremely overpowered Pokemon, all my Pokemon almost got killed. But I managed to get through without anything dying, and I didnt heal the entire time, except for one Full Restore, I think.

When I got to the league, my team was around lv. 47. Im not using any items in the league, so Ill probably grind them up to about lv. 60. That wont be for a while, however, because Ill be at camp this entire week.

__________________________________________________ ____

To sum it up:

-Trained up Lapras
    -Beat Blaine
    -Got Lickitung as a backup Pokemon
    -Beat Giovanni
    -Got to the Pokemon League
    -Going to grind for levels

Current team:

Charizard (Lizardon) lv. 52

Flamethrower
    Mega kick
    Fly
    Steel wing

Fearow (Fluzzard) lv. 50

Drill Peck
    Secret Power
    Mirror Move
    Agility

Graveler (Bigoron) lv. 50

Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Rollout
    Double Edge

Pinsir (Stagtite) lv. 50

Strength
    Brick Break
    Revenge
    Swords Dance

Victreebel (Sapsack) lv. 50

Acid
    Secret power
    Giga Drain
    Sleep powder

Lapras (Nessie) lv. 51

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Confuse Ray

Ill probably teach Sunny Day to something, due to the benefits it gives to some of my team, notably Charizard and Victreebel. Ill replace Victreebels Acid with either Sunny Day or SolarBeam, if I can even find the TM for the later. I want to keep Giga Drain in case it needs to heal. I might also teach Rain Dance to something in case I need to stop Sunny Day immediately, like if Im up against a Fire-type. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Neosquid; 07-11-2010 at 03:49 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I guess your doing pretty good, CK. I wouldent worry so much about natures, through. Theyre not really that important. I dont think so, at least.

Lapras has Shell Armor, so it cant be hit by crits! Ha ha, yeah.

Ill probably teach Sunny Day to something, due to the benefits it gives to some of my team, notably Charizard and Victreebel. Ill replace Victreebels Acid with either Sunny Day or SolarBeam, if I can even find the TM for the later. I want to keep Giga Drain in case it needs to heal. I might also teach Rain Dance to something in case I need to stop Sunny Day immediately, like if Im up against a Fire-type. Any other suggestions?
    Natures can be important, Nick. What if my Staravia had a +Def nature, and it barely survived that crit from S****ank? I'd have a rediculously beefed up more team by 10 levels each or so, since I wouldn't have to let my Staravia absorb all the experience right now.

Or, what if my Machamp had a -Def +Spe nature? Machamp literally outruns nothing, as it's speed is like a Slowbro with a +1 speed boost. XD And if he has less defense, and since he's slow, he'd die quickly and be of no consequence. As long as the nature doesn't hinder the pokemon, it's usable. If it does the way it did to that lv. 22 Staravia, it would of been useless. Spoiler, my Staravia evolved (omgNOWAI!) and could barely OHKO Golbats once it got up in the levels. If it had less attack via that Timid nature, it would of gotten pwnt by almost everything, since it'd only 2HKO the weakest things like aforementioned Golbats and Glameows, and maybe 3HKO Purugly's, and not get even close to a 3HKO for a Gyarados or something.

So my point is, natures really affect a pokemon's use, and it's all or nothing in a Nuzlocke challenge, so I don't want my Staravia being useless after pumping all that Exp. into it. I don't want to grind on this playthrough, so... yeah. =P Straight through the entire time (except for the Empoleon grinding... had to in order to stand a chance against Fantina =P).

... I wish my entire team had Shell Armor... T_T

Don't you get Solarbeam in the mansion in Cinnabar? Or did they swap it out for Sunny Day in FR/LG (if they did, you'd of gotten Sunny Day on the bottom floor, right?)? Can't remember.

Anywho, time for the update!

Off to the gym! Empoleon and Machamp cleaned up with Flash Cannon and Revenge/Vital Throw respectively, easy gym with nothing epic or worrisome. Running off to Acuity and then to Galactic HQ, time for a home invasion!

Got Sludge Bomb for Roserade! =D 90 Base Power STAB without Petal Dance's negative effect. Epic. None of the Galactic Grunts stood a chance; except for the scientist that nearly OHKO'd my just-evolved Staraptor with Psychic. Staraptor's Sp. Def with a pathetic 45 at level 36... I was in disbelief. All of it's stats are very low, actually, horrid IVs. But I kept training it regardless.

Actually, I did stupid things on the way up to Cyrus... In a double battle, I had Staraptor use Fly and Empoleon Surf, and Empoleon attacked first! DX I was positively puzzled to see that a STEEL-CLAD PENGUIN outran a gigantic bird. Nearly OHKO'd Staraptor like that Kadabra... Too many close calls. @_@ Shows what 10 levels can do when a pokemon just evolved; Empoleon only outran it by 5 speed points.

Moving on! Cyrus was pwnt unepically, what a suprise. So off to Coronet! I found a crapton of good items on the way up, but I only needed to use a Full Heal or two (parafusion=insanity) and some Fresh Waters for my still weak Staraptor. The Mars and Jupiter were owned, even with my shitty rival doubles partner doing literally NOTHING to help. Off into the distortion world!

A quick ways down, and it's time for the epic Cyrus battle! Cue epic battle music here.

I had Staraptor waiting for Gyarados; but to my atonishment, he sent out Houndoom first... @!*$!!! Close combat disbanded it, but now Staraptor was in serious danger of being OHKO'd; and what does he send out? Weavile, ugh. I was afraid it had Pursuit, but sent out Empoleon anyways. Ice Punch did nothing on it. Flash Cannon OHKO'd. And here comes what I was waiting for; Gyarados.

I was hesitant to send in Staraptor, but I predicted an Earthquake for my Steel penguin, and sent it in; I was right. Intimidate, no damage switch, sweet! Out goes Machamp, taking only 20 damage or so from Ice Fang.

But now it gets close... Waterfall does enough to 4HKO Machamp, so I need to act fast; if I get flinched twice, Machamp is near-death. I taught it Rock Slide, so I went with it. 1 shot nearly OHKO'd Gyara, so turn two, I got flinched though... 55 HP left, enough to take one more Waterfall. Go, Rock Slide! Victory is within gras--

Gyarados randomly uses Giga Impact; a move only 10 Power strong than Waterfall when factoring in STAB. Machamp would of survived in the single digits at the least, I know; BUT IT GETS A CRITICAL HIT! GAAAAAAAH!!! Damn you Nick and your Shell Armor! DX DX DX Into the nexus goes Machamp... My hardest hitting poke... Ugh!

REVENGE. Staraptor goes in to 3HKO with Fly, taking only half health from the twice-intimidated Gyarados' Ice Fang. Honchkrow is promptly handled by a switch to Empoleon, with 2HKO's with Surf, and takes near-no damage from a Drill Peck and Night Slash. Cyrus' last pokemon, a Crobat, is also promptly 2HKO'd, although Empoleon took confusion damage once. Supersonic fail... Them damn Zubats and their confusion and them speedy-ass evolutions...

UGH! Cyrus was defeated, but I lost one of my most reliable pokes. Machamp was never close to being one-shotted with his great HP and workable defenses, and OHKO'd pretty much everything not resisting Revenge. So much for that...

Moving onto Giratina, screw it. I lost my Machamp that had Payback, lob a masterball, and throw that damned ghost-dragon into my PC forever. I don't plan on using legendaries this playthrough.

After releasing my best fighting type, save. Game. ... Ugh.

To sum things up...

-Machamp fainted! Into the nexus...
    -Defeated Cyrus and disbanded Team Galactic; or did I... ?
    -Staraptor has become a full-fledged team player!
    -Caught Giratina w/ masterball, not using legendaries regardless.
    -Got our 7th badge!

Pretty much anything done in this update was all major stuff; I dragged the post out too much, another big post... uh, woops. But hey, it was the main boss of the game. =P

... Well Nick, you certainly jinxed me... DX

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads