LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Official Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Natures can be important, Nick. What if my Staravia had a +Def nature, and it barely survived that crit from S****ank? I'd have a rediculously beefed up more team by 10 levels each or so, since I wouldn't have to let my Staravia absorb all the experience right now.

Or, what if my Machamp had a -Def +Spe nature? Machamp literally outruns nothing, as it's speed is like a Slowbro with a +1 speed boost. XD And if he has less defense, and since he's slow, he'd die quickly and be of no consequence. As long as the nature doesn't hinder the pokemon, it's usable. If it does the way it did to that lv. 22 Staravia, it would of been useless. Spoiler, my Staravia evolved (omgNOWAI!) and could barely OHKO Golbats once it got up in the levels. If it had less attack via that Timid nature, it would of gotten pwnt by almost everything, since it'd only 2HKO the weakest things like aforementioned Golbats and Glameows, and maybe 3HKO Purugly's, and not get even close to a 3HKO for a Gyarados or something.

So my point is, natures really affect a pokemon's use, and it's all or nothing in a Nuzlocke challenge, so I don't want my Staravia being useless after pumping all that Exp. into it. I don't want to grind on this playthrough, so... yeah. =P Straight through the entire time (except for the Empoleon grinding... had to in order to stand a chance against Fantina =P).
    I guess you have a point. If my Charizard didnt have a Jolly nature, it might not have outran that Alakazam. Then it might have killed my entire team. So I see what your saying about natures being important, but if a Pokemon has a bad nature, it dosnt mean its useless.

Dur, Giga Impact only has 10 more power then STAB Waterfall. Oh crap, my Machamp died!
    Uh....Waterfall has 80 power, and Giga Impact has 150. With STAB, Waterfalls power goes up to 120.

So....

150 - 120 = 10 ???????

Honestly, Im glad your Machamp died. I was getting jealous because you evolved it by trade, something I cant do with my Graveler because none of my friends have LG or FR. I dont want an ugly mud-man, I want an awesome rock-turtle!!

Edit: Actually, I managed to find someone who actually owns Fire Red. So I have my Golem now.

!!! Damn you Nick and your Shell Armor! DX DX DX Into the nexus goes Machamp... My hardest hitting poke... Ugh!
    lol, I bet you really hate Lapras now. Probably just as much as Gible and Zangoose.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 07-18-2010 at 09:30 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Here we go, starting my... SAVELESS, Nuzlocke Challenge. I shall edit this as I play today:

Player name: Nuz

Rival Name: Locke

I'm going with Turtwig, because I never have in all my days of Platinum, and Piplup was already taken. I want to make each run a little different.
    *Tutorial Break #1*
    Named Turtwig Gau. Honoring the Final Fantasy games I own by naming my Pkmn a different characters name each time.
    Went and bought 10 Pokeballs + Premier ball. My luck is too awful not to have extra Pokeballs with me.
    *Tuorial Break #2*
    Anyways, went into route 202, and just what I expected, a f*cking Bidoof.
    Gau used Tackle, knocking less than 1/2 way down. Hoping it would do something else, I waited.
    And waited.

Well, caught a level 3 Bidoof. He best serve me well. I'll kill him in a double battle otherwise.
    Bidoof's a tricky one to name: but I ended up going with Hope. Hate him in the beginning, but a strong feeling he'll be important in my adventure later on.

Went up to Route 204 and caught a Kricketot. Hmm. Weird.
    203 accidently crit against a Starly, disappointing.
    Am I allowed to catch the first thing in the Mine and caves?
    Last edited by RockerJ; 07-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    OK, I grinded my Leaf Green team to about lv. 55, and I think Im ready to take on the Elite Four. Heres my team:

Charizard (lizardon) lv. 55

Flamethrower
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Mega Kick

Golem (Bigoron)lv. 53

Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Double-Edge
    Explosion

Fearow (Fluzzard) lv. 53

Drill Peck
    Secret Power
    Mirror Move
    Agility

Victreebel (Sapsack) lv. 55

Acid
    Secret Power
    Sleep Powder
    Giga Drain

Pinsir (Stagtite) lv. 53

Brick Break
    Revenge
    Strength
    Swords Dance

Lapras (Nessie) lv. 54

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Confuse Ray

Just keep in mind Ill have TMs Ill be teaching my Pokemon inside the Elite Four itself, so Ill be sure to post any moveset changes.

Oh, also.....Remember that Im not using any items. Arnt I insane?
    __________________________________________________ __

Loreli

Loreli, the Ice-type member. My Lapras managed to OHKO of 2HKO most of her Pokemon with Thunderbolt. Her Lapras was the only one that gave me any trouble, Body Slamming Nessie down to half health and Paralyzing it. Ugg...luckily, I killed it in only 2 turns, thanks to a Critical hit. Bet you wish your Lapras had Shell Armor, Loreli! Ha ha....

__________________________________________________ __
    Bruno

The Fighting-type member. First, I had by Victreebel kill his Onix, and he sends out Hitmonchan. I put it to sleep and switch out to Pinsir. I get in three Swords-dances before it wakes up, and proceed to sweep the rest of his team. Very easy.

__________________________________________________ ____
    Agatha

The f-cking evil member. I lost Fearow and Golem in the battle against her, and my Charizard got severely beaten up.

I really dont think Ill be able to win this...I should have trained my Pokemon better.....

-Golem dies
    -Fearow dies

-Replaced Lapras's Thunderbolt with Rest
    -Replaced Charizards Steel Wing with Dragon Claw

Lance

Lance...the Final member of the Elite Four. I had Lapras heal with Rest when his Gyarados was out. It woke up with half its health still remaining, so I Confused Gyarados. I went through a cycle of Resting and Confusing until its health was almost gone, where I killed it with Ice Beam.

Aerodactyl gave me some trouble. Ancient Power took out half of Lapras's health in one shot, but I managed to Confuse it and murder it with an Ice Beam. It was a walk in the park from there, since everything else was OHKOd by Ice Beam.

Wow, I managed to get past Lance without anything dying! Maybe I actually can beat Blue, and become the Champion....

The next battle....is against the Champion....I hope I can actually pull it off.

__________________________________________________ _______

-Replaced Charizards Mega Kick with Earthquake
    -Replaced Victreebels Secret Power with Solar Beam
    -Replaced Pinsirs Sword Dance with Sunny Day

Current team:

Charizard (Lizardon)
    Lapras (Nessie)
    Pinsir (Stagtite)
    Victreebel (Sapsack)

Champion Blue

Here it is....the final battle against Blue. I only have 4 team members left, I hope I can make it...

First, Blue sends out his Pidgeot. My Lapras easily kills it with Ice Beam, although it gets hit with a Sand Attack.

Next, he sends out Rhydon....wow, great choice. One Surf and its dead.

Now its Exegutors turn! Great choice, right? Wrong. Ice Beam ownage.

Yes, I took out half his team without losing a single Pokemon! What could go wrong?....holy shit, its Alakazam. Lapras barely survives its Psychic attack, and takes out half its health with a Surf. Then it proceeds to wipe-out Lapras.....damn.

Alright, I think its time Pinsir got a shot at this. It manages to get up Sunny Day before being murdered...but thats all I needed. With Sunny Day up, Victreebel will be able to outrun it, due to Chlorophyll, and kill it with SolarBeam. If Lapras's Surf takes out half its health, wouldent SolarBeam kill it?

Wrong. Alakazam survives the SolarBeam with literally like 5 health left, and kills Victreebel with Psychic. Shiiit.... I have Charizard hit it with an Earthquake just as Blue heals Alakazam with a Full Restore. Now, if my lv. 55 Charizard with low health dosnt outrun this thing, its toast. But Alakazam is two levels higher, so thats almost impossible....

NO! Charizard actually outruns it! Yeah! Just like it did with Sabrina!

Now Im really in a corner. Charizard is my last Pokemon. If it faints, then its all over....and of course, Blue goes and sends out his Blastoise.....hooray, now Im officially screwed. Oh well....here goes one last Earthquake! If Im lucky, maybe I can still win!

-Blastoise used Hydro Pump! Its super-effective!

NOOOOO!!!! I LOST!!!!! NOO!!
    ....but....thats....impossible...

Why wasnt my team strong enough? I didnt have any problems up until now....Dangitt....

...I just dont understand.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 07-20-2010 at 09:32 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid

Dur, Giga Impact only has 10 more power then STAB Waterfall. Oh crap, my Machamp died!
    Uh....Waterfall has 80 power, and Giga Impact has 150. With STAB, Waterfalls power goes up to 120.

So....

150 - 120 = 10 ???????

Honestly, Im glad your Machamp died. I was getting jealous because you evolved it by trade, something I cant do with my Graveler because none of my friends have LG or FR. I dont want an ugly mud-man, I want an awesome rock-turtle!!

Edit: Actually, I managed to find someone who actually owns Fire Red. So I have my Golem now.

!!! Damn you Nick and your Shell Armor! DX DX DX Into the nexus goes Machamp... My hardest hitting poke... Ugh!
    lol, I bet you really hate Lapras now. Probably just as much as Gible and Zangoose.
    I cant's do's maths... ... ...

What cruel words, Nick. In irony, I finished my Plat Nuzlocke ages ago, and started my Emerald; I got a Golem barely halfway through the game. ;D ... And, it died from a crit. T_T Happy now, Nick? .-.

... Just seeing the word "Gible" made me twitch a bit. Havn't seen hide nor hair of the asshat since my computer died. That, was a good thing. -.-

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ZANGOOSE! >

Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Here we go, starting my... SAVELESS, Nuzlocke Challenge. I shall edit this as I play today:

Player name: Nuz

Rival Name: Locke

I'm going with Turtwig, because I never have in all my days of Platinum, and Piplup was already taken. I want to make each run a little different.
    *Tutorial Break #1*
    Named Turtwig Gau. Honoring the Final Fantasy games I own by naming my Pkmn a different characters name each time.
    Went and bought 10 Pokeballs + Premier ball. My luck is too awful not to have extra Pokeballs with me.
    *Tuorial Break #2*
    Anyways, went into route 202, and just what I expected, a f*cking Bidoof.
    Gau used Tackle, knocking less than 1/2 way down. Hoping it would do something else, I waited.
    And waited.

Well, caught a level 3 Bidoof. He best serve me well. I'll kill him in a double battle otherwise.
    Bidoof's a tricky one to name: but I ended up going with Hope. Hate him in the beginning, but a strong feeling he'll be important in my adventure later on.

Went up to Route 204 and caught a Kricketot. Hmm. Weird.
    203 accidently crit against a Starly, disappointing.
    Am I allowed to catch the first thing in the Mine and caves?
    Crit a Starly, catch a Kricketot... That's too familiar, J. .-. We both share horrible Nuzlocke luck.

I'm light years late, but yeah, first poke in Mines and Caves...

Oh, also.....Remember that Im not using any items. Arnt I insane?
    You really are insane, Nick... One full restore and you probably would of had it, if used right. Epic try to say the least, though. You lost in the end because your douchy rival chose your starter's counterpick, ironically...

I'll be crushing the E4 in Emerald all-too soon. ;D No Nuzlocke over my Emerald playthrough, since I've been gone, though. I'll be going to Fire Red for tmy next one, though. Then to HG/SS, ofcourse.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Havnt seen you in a while, CK. RockerJ hasnt been here either....

Yeah, I wanna do HG too, but Im having trouble downloading the ROM. My computer literally insults me when I do it wrong. I got my Mother 3 and Emerald ROMs without problems, why cant I get this one?

So CK, what Mons you got in your Emerald?

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Havnt seen you in a while, CK. RockerJ hasnt been here either....

Yeah, I wanna do HG too, but Im having trouble downloading the ROM. My computer literally insults me when I do it wrong. I got my Mother 3 and Emerald ROMs without problems, why cant I get this one?

So CK, what Mons you got in your Emerald?
    I'm still here, just lurking in the shadows.

I have a friend who's going to give me his Emerald, and another that may let me borrow his Soul Silver. Yay!

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Ive really gotten into Pokemon XD and Colosseum recently. I wonder if its possible to do a Nuzlocke challenge for those?.....It would need different rules, obviously, probably something like this.

-Pokemon faints, release it
    -Can only catch one Pokemon in each area (An area is a place that has its own spot on the map, with maybe a few exceptions, such as Citadark Island)

Since the Gamecube games are harder then the handhelds, IMO, I think I will allow myself to use items. Those Cipher Admins are especially tough.

I wont be starting this now, but probably in a week or two. Ill probably do Colosseum and not XD, since Im playing through XD right now.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Ive really gotten into Pokemon XD and Colosseum recently. I wonder if its possible to do a Nuzlocke challenge for those?.....It would need different rules, obviously, probably something like this.

-Can only catch one Pokemon in each area (An area is a place that has its own spot on the map, with maybe a few exceptions, such as Citadark Island)

Since the Gamecube games are harder then the handhelds, IMO, I think I will allow myself to use items. Those Cipher Admins are especially tough.

I wont be starting this now, but probably in a week or two. Ill probably do Colosseum and not XD, since Im playing through XD right now.
    To bo honest, I've never not played a handheld pokemon game. It seems like they're so out of place on the GC or Wii.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Yeah, they do feel slightly out of place, but they are still very good games. I dont get why they are so underrated....I recommend you play them.

I just realized how little areas Colosseum actually has. I may have to change the rules a little bit.....

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

Nuzlocke-ing colosseum OR XD? Nick, you're fucking mad! DX There's a horrible choice of pokemon, the high level from the start means you've little time to EV train, and purifying shadow pokemon without grinding/daycare is near impossible. Not to mention the game actually is hard, and if you lose a core member from a critical, I can almost guarentee you'd be stuck.

But if anyone could pull that off, that's deserves some damn respect from me... I'm tempted to try it now, actually.

I just realized how little areas Colosseum actually has. I may have to change the rules a little bit.....
    Sorry I havn't been around to give advice on this, Nick. I have an idea, albeit this could make the game harder or easier than another rule: you can only have 6 captured pokemon at any time. If you find another shadow pokemon, just KO it. This encourages you to not have an oversized pool of pokemon to fall back on, meaning you have to play pro, but also means you won't waste your time catching useless pokes, lessening your chances of bitting off more than you can chew, or falling victim to a crit/status/etc. hax.

Damnit Nick, I really am tempted to Nuzlocke Colosseum now... DAMN YOU!

In news of my own Nuzlockes, I've downed a game from every single generation (as long as you count Fire Red/Heart Gold for their respective gens =P), although I do need to beat Red in Heart Gold. Grinding for that now in the E4; way too many close calls. I'm going to get crited while I'm X-iteming up eventually, and then the ragequit ensues... Only to pick the game up again an hour later. =P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads