LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Official Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    lol lol triple post. As you can tell, Ive been playing a lot lately.

With Dakim down, I head back to the old-people village. The Time Flute purifies the hearts of all Pokemon in your party, right?....well, thinking that, I save it for future Shadow Pokemon.

I check out that random lab in the middle of the desert and get a call from that police dude. I get a key from the Cipher chicks belt, and after stocking up on some items, I head down to the under....BTW, you know that Taillow that roller-skating kid had? That things frikkin deadly with Endevour.....

After teaching Meganium Light Screen and Reflect, I give Nett his techno...thingy. I beat down those two Cipher chicks, and wander around for like 15 minutes before I realized that I have to talk to the imprisoned kid. He gives me some key for the UFO (Unidentified Flying Object? So no one knows what the hell is is? Even the builders of it?)

Well look, its a TV room. Or whatever the hell you call it....I was actually quite shocked to see Venus standing right there. Obviously I go and talk to her, not expecting to get into a battle right then.....so she caught me completely unprepared. Great. I send out Umbreon and Espeon against her Vileplume and Delcatty. Ignoring the seemingly weak Delcatty, I go all out against the Vileplume and knock it out in one turn. But this Delcatty is stronger then it looks! It confused my Espeon with Attract, which isnt good at all. When she sent out her Bannette, I traded out Espeon for Meganium. Delcatty tried Double-Edge, and I was shocked to see that it took out nearly half Meganiums health! Umbreon finished off the Bannette while Meganium set up Screens.

With Bannette knocked-out, Venus sent out her tough-looking Steelix. Humorously, the thing took out its partner Delcatty with its Earthequake attack! Next was her Shadow Suicune. I swap out Umbreon for Mantine, due to it being immune to Earthquake and resistant to Suicunes attacks. I confused the Suicune so it wont be as threatening, while Meganium and....Steelix wore down on its health. I tried to catch it, but Steelix knocked it out before I could....damn. Whatever, I knocked out Steeliz and won the fight.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Lookie here, another update. Ive been handing these things out like candy lately....never mind the quadruple post.

(CK, hurry up and get back here. Youre the only person who ever replies to my updates.)

After being beaten, Venus makes a run for it. I chased her down fleets of stairs, and come across a trainer with a Shadow Gligar. I snaged it, planning to purify it later. On the way down into the....sewer, I encountered a lady who uses Swagger a lot, and had a bunch of physical attacking Pokemon. None of my other Pokemon were in good health, so it was up to Umbeon and Mantine. Mantine took a huge beating, I was honestly amazed that it didnt die. What a trooper!

Venus flees out of some subway train, and I completely missed the key she dropped for it. I wandered around for like 20 minutes before I found it.....damn. Anyways, the subway took me to the Shadow Pokemon lab, but the grunts there used a bomb to keep me out....and left behind a key for the main entrance. Idiots.

After stocking up on more items and purifying Gligar (Sting) I headed off. The trainers in the lab used many Electric type Pokemon, which sucks because I dont have any Ground moves (Yet. An Earthquake TM is supposed to be in the area, so I can teach it to my Gligar). What was worse is that Magnemite and its evolutions were common, and not counting Mantines Bubblebeam/Water Pulse, there was nothing I had that it didnt resist. Even worse then that was the abundance of the very-hard hitting Thunder. Meganium was definitely my most useful Mon in there; not only was he resistant to electricity, but he could set up Screens!

Eventually I snagged a Shadow Granbull from a Cipher Peon. I wanted Granbull (Overfang) because it had Intimidate, a very good movepool, and hits hard. Unfortunately, its very slow. Oh well.

Immediately after the alarm was set off, I got into a fight with some chick who owns a Shadow Vibrava and a Kecleon. At some point during the battle, her Kecleon nailed my Meganium with Aerial Ace....a critical one! No, my star Screen setter-upper was down! Who could ever replace it!?

Magcargo?....no, its typing blows. Altaria?....damn, it cant use screens. Ledian? No, its Defense stat is horrible. Medicham? Wait, its Defenses are too low....I miss mah Meganium....

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I havnt updated in a while.....and yeah, 5th post in a row. Sorry.

I decided to let Altaria (Stratus) be Meganiums replacement, even though it lacks the ability to use Screens. Espeon can use Screens, which kinda makes up for that. Sucks how low is Physical Defense is...oh well.

So, I finally encountered Ein. The fight came as a surprise to me, which sucked because I wanted to teach Altaria new moves for it (SolarBeam, Sunny Day, and maybe something else). Luckily, I just happened to have Espeon and Altaria out front, which is what I wanted to start with. First, I had Espeon set up a Reflect for Golbats Wing Attack. Altaria knocked out half Huntails health with Dragonbreath, while it set up Rain Dance. Even with Huntail having Swift Swim, Espeon was still able to outrun it and hit it with Psybeam....although it somehow survived. Both Golbat and Huntail attempted to confuse my Espeon, so I used one of my two Full Heals on it. Altaria knocked out Huntail and Ein sent out his dangerous Lanturn, who had a powerful HydroPump and Thunder. Altaria put Lanturn to sleep while I healed Espeon from confusion again.....and of course, Eins Golbat proceeds to confuse it yet again....damn. I switch Espeon out for Umbeon while Golbat confuses my Altaria, which hurts itself.
    Umbreon confused Lanturn in its sleep while Altaria attacked Golbat with DragonBreath. Umbreon then confused Golbat. My Light Screen wore off, and Lanturn woke up. I switched one of them out for Espeon and quickly set up another Light Screen.
    I honestly forget what happens after this point. Eventually I knocked out the Golbat with Umbreon and Altaria, and Ein sent out his own Altaria. It knew Ice Beam, so I swapped my Altaria out for Mantine. Umbreon confused his Altaria. I finally knocked out his Golbat, and Ein sent out his Raiku. His Altaria was merely spamming Fly, so I found it safe to switch Mantine with Gligar. Raikus Thunder fails to affect Gligar, and Altaria uses Fly like I predicted. I had Gligar attack Altaria with a Slash attack, assuming that it would knock it out....I was wrong. Altaria snapped out of Confusion and killed Gligar with Ice Beam! No, not Gligar! She didnt even get to learn Earthquake! Curse you Altaria!

....the fight ended with Espeon delivering the final blow to Raiku. I still missed my Gligar....

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ohai dead thread

Rules updated (LOLWUT?) for the first time in forever.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    No one does this crap anymore. Pokemon is for little kids.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Does that mean ya've got plans for a Nuzlocke?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    I've got plans for a TWEWY Nuzlocke, yes.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm doing a Platinum nuzlocke right now. I've had three casualties, two of which were inconsequential: a Bidoof and a Machop, used as death fodder. However, Raz the Monferno died at level 16 when I was carelessly grinding and a wild Starly got a critical hit with Wing Attack Since then, I've been very, very careful and haven't had any deaths since.

I just beat Byron in Canalave and I'm currently grinding my team in Iron Island. I'm overleveled, so I dunno exactly how high I'm gonna grind, but you can never be too careful in nuzlockes.

My team (in order of capture):
    Montoya the Staraptor: Timid, Lv 48, Intimidate
    Level 2 on Route 201
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat
    Fly
    Return
    A very reliable teammate. Beat Gardenia without taking a hit, then tanked a Galactic S****ank's critical Night Slash and won with an Aerial Ace. Since then, he's been a reliable speedster who can hit thanks to Intimidate and a high defense stat, and still manage to strike back handily.

Roy the Luxray: Calm, Lv 47, Rivalry
    Level 5 on Route 202
    Spark
    Strength
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Another reliable teammate who's been with me since the beginning. His only notable achievement, though, would be sweeping the Pastoria gym. He has a very high attack stat and passable defenses, and electric is a sound offensive type.

Ramona the Golduck: Quirky, Lv 48, Damp
    Level 5 in Ravaged Path
    Surf
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Disable
    Decent stats and the best all-around defender on the team. Few weaknesses and a nice moveset mean that she'll stay with me to the end, hopefully.

Corey the Medicham, Lv 50, Pure Power
    Level 14 on Route 211
    Force Palm
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Fire Punch
    Pure Power. Elemental punches. MVP? I think so.

Laika the Shiny Gliscor, Modest, Lv 49, Hyper Cutter
    Level 18 on Route 206
    X-Scissor
    Dig
    Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    I really really wanted a Gligar, but my first encounter on Route 206 was a Geodude... but then HOLY SHIT A SHINY GLIGAR! Hastily deciding to activate the Shiny Clause, I captured it and made it part of my team. I would prefer a different nature, but what can you do? She's still a total tank. Though she may not be as offensively tough as the others, she is my de-facto switchin when faced with physical threats. She's one of the most valuable teammates and I hope to keep her through to the end. Her electric immunity is also WONDERFUL.

Raz the Espeon, Bold, Lv 47, Synchronize
    Level 20 in Hearthome City. Named in memory of Raz the Monferno.
    Psybeam
    Grass Knot
    Swift
    Future Sight
    He is second only to Corey in offensive prowess, and he is the best special tank on the team. I have to be careful around physical pokemon, though, because he's quite frail in that regard. Nonetheless, he ends battles quickly and decisively.
    Splash_King likes this.

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    The Nuzlocke thread gets revived, leaving to think... "lol what n00b did it this time?". Lo and behold, it's mother****in' WMBQ. Doth thy eyes deceiveth thine mind?! o_0

Awesome find with that shiny Gligar. I just realized the rule on shinnies isn't actually listed in the OP, so I think I'll go ahead 'n remedy that...

Also, for those who recall me claiming to be doin' one Challenge playthrough for every generation, I might be doin' a Nuzlocke instead of a combined challenge on Emerald... Or perhaps a combined Nuzlocke Challenge. Haven't decided yet.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Do a combined nuzlocke challenge. That would go down in history. DOOOOO ITTTTTTT

Then we can compare nuzlocke adventures!! I'm thinking of doing a Sapphire run when I'm done with Platinum; it depends how much time I have. It IS summer, though, so it's looking up :D

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ads