Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129

Pokemon Black&White Discussion

Unless any of you had been living under a rock a few miles beneath the earth's crust, you'd of caught wind by Pokemon Black & White by now. B/W, being the 5th Generation of Pokemon, meaning your typical formula of "battle, train, trade, beat the elite four" could easily be getting old by now, and already has for many. But B/W looks incredibly promising at the least in the new materials department.

Which brings us to this thread; discuss anything and EVERYTHING you want about B/W! What's your take on the new seasonal cycle system? Any predictions on the competitive metagame? Rants on how stupid/epic pokemon look? Terrified of the new triple battle mechanic? Want to know more about B/W? Post about it here! BEGIN DISCUSSION! Don't forget to use spoilers for the big stuff, most especially pictures and storyline.

Also, for all your B/W referrencing needs:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/
    Last edited by Splash_King; 11-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    FIRST!

Lol no, let's get this discussion going! Most importantly of all, I want all of your opinions and expectations of B/W. What might suck, be epic, or your opinion of all of it together.

My own opinion on B/W are that the pokemon are mostly going to be rather forgettable. DPP had some winners and so did RSE, but... Gen 5 seems very "eh" right off the bat, to me. A lot of the pokemon seem either ugly, or boring and lackluster concepts, with a few of them atleast not looking bad.

On the evolution of the game, however... I've got a split opinion. There's a rediculous amount of junk being added to game mechanics, mainly with rediculous powerhouse pokemon, the Dream World giving access to tons of moves, and an entire pokedex of new pokemon to work with. It's gonna get crazy, lol.

But on the other hand, the competitive scene is going to cry... I already have a ton of suspects for overcentralizing the metagame. There's a new Garchomp-esque mono-dragon type on the scene with the highest attack of any non-legendary dragon; and it gets dragon dance. OSHI--game is my opinion. There's also a lot of other legend or not pokemon I'm suspecting right now, like the
    Spoiler Alert!
    . The metagame is going to be beyond hectic at first. Many rediculously hard hitting pokes, and plenty of new mechanics.

Speaking of that, I don't think triple battles will make any scene in competitive. It may be attempted towards organization, but... ugh. That's just chaotic and open to far too many possibilities. Plenty of battlers I know still have doubts in doubles being balanced. There will be some of the most rediculous and overpowered combos known to pokemon-kind in triple battles too. It'l just be mayhem... I don't plan on getting involved, lol.

In short, I've got some mixed feelings on the entirety of Gen 5... Care to retort, anyone?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    i wouldn't say the pokemon suck at serebii you'll get eaten alive by the "gay for pokemon fans". I think almost all of the new pokemon are lousy, i only like about 10.
    Spoiler Alert!
    all get white still cuz gifs are cool!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Precisely why I never dared to step foot into Serebii's forums, lol.

@ spoiler: So they finally changed something in the plot? OMFG! Nintendo had a revelation.

Anywho, I thought I'd post my supposed team ASAP. I havn't looked into the gym leaders at all, or investigate what pokemon are where, I just looked at the pokemon I'm interested in. Obviously this team'l have spoilers towards the pokemon and possibly new moves, so... yeah. Avoid the spoiler if you really don't want ANY of the game spoiled.

Spoiler Alert!

I could of put more thought into that team, but it was late at night, and I don't think pokemon will ever be hard enough to make me go on a theorymon tangent, so... yeah. I think this team'l do, especially if I drop the legendary to give my other pokes a good exp. boost. Any comments or suggestions on it, do tell. And feel free to share your teams. =D

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    wow ^^^ i'm to lazy to post so much, but i'll post my in game team
    Daikenki: i've alway's chosen water type for "looks alone" accept r/b i chose charizard.
    Warurial: So awsome looking, i only choose pokemon on how there looks appeal to me.
    shibirudon
    ononokusu
    wargle: "*shiny*"
    zeburaika
    my lazy typing ^^^^

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    You plan on getting a shiny right off the bat? =P

I've never been a fan of 6-poke teams, and never will. Too much grinding, too much party organizing, etc. etc. Your's seems balanced enough, though. Nothing weak, and nothing overpowered.

Speaking of overpowered, anyone keeping track of the legendaries should know by now about Genosekuto, this thing: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/649.shtml.

Spoiler Alert!

Also, if anyone discovers news on the Zoroark event outside of serebii, do everyone (and especially me) a favor and post it, yeah?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

♦ goddamnitt sakurai ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    FIRST!!!111!!!11!one!!11

Mah boi, this team is what all true trainers strive for! Its perfect because it completely ignores strength, and focuses on awesome design!

Spoiler Alert!

So theres my awesome team...F-CK YEAH GIBLE AND ZANGOOSE!
    Last edited by Neosquid; 11-14-2010 at 09:20 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    So theres my awesome team...**** YEAH GIB
    Fuck the lancet, I'm killing you with a rusty fish hook. Slowly, painfully... ... ...

ANYWHO. LOL @ the pringles pokemon.

I'm sick of Zubats (everyone should be by now), so I wouldn't even think of using that new replacement, ugh...

Denchura deserves Zap Cannon. =/

Doryuzuu > Waruvial.

Ugly anteater is ugly.

Smuglord is epic, I can't deny that. But... who would have fun leech seeding in-game? >_>;

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

♦ goddamnitt sakurai ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Fuck the lancet, I'm killing you with a rusty fish hook. Slowly, painfully... ... ...

I'm sick of Zubats (everyone should be by now), so I wouldn't even think of using that new replacement, ugh...

Doryuzuu > Waruvial.

Ugly anteater is ugly.

Smuglord is epic, I can't deny that. But... who would have fun leech seeding in-game? >_>;
    Kuitaran ugly? lol, says someone using Emboar and that ugly bull-thing.

Waruvial owns that fatass mole in terms of design.

And stalling in game is totally fun, CK.

I dont understand why your so concerned about your Pogemans being powerful. Gosh, in-game is already easy enough, Id prefer to use weaker Pokemon to make it harder. Its not like your playing these competitive, CK.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post

Doryuzuu > Waruvial.

Ugly anteater is ugly.

Kuitaran ugly? lol, says someone using Emboar and that ugly bull-thing.

Waruvial owns that fatass mole in terms of design.

And stalling in game is totally fun, CK.

I dont understand why your so concerned about your Pogemans being powerful. Gosh, in-game is already easy enough, Id prefer to use weaker Pokemon to make it harder. Its not like your playing these competitive, CK.
    BECAUSE I LIKE POWER WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Stalling in-game is repetitive and boring after the first 3 recovery moves, IMO. =P Then again I'm rediculously biased, since I've never run anything but an all-out offensive team since I first played, except for a single balanced team.

You read into my personal in-game team analysis incorrectly, Nick. I definatly capitalized on their massive power in the review, ya, but if all I wanted was strong pokes I'd of went with Mijumaru over Pokabu, and Waruvial over Doryuzuu. People are saying that Daikenki is the best of the trio, and I take their word. Waruvial's abilities are both much better than Doryuzuu's, and his stat placements are a bit more fitting to abuse said abilities with his slight more bulk. He's got a much better STAB, too, and is even more convenient at the time you can catch him.

I could take my game's legend over Terrakion entirely, giving it more EXP to rage over every other poke, too. I can't say anything being more powerful than Ononokusu, though. But hey, he's a dragon I can actually play in-game, so I want 'em, not because he's a damn bulldozer (and he certainly is).

Besides, look at my team's defensive stats. While my pokes are clearly stronger than your's, atleast they're all frail to a degree (except for Terrakion...). Rather than look for powerful attackers, I could just go for high BSTs (Base Stat Totals) like a douche, eh? =P

That, and I like the way my pokes look (Terrakion an exception again; it's not like it's ugly though, and I really want to try out a new legend without it being 100% uber material). I'm not going to choose an overpowered poke, broken or nearly, if it's ugly as sin.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads