LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 125 of 260 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2591
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    Dreams! Adventure! Into the world of Pokemon! I'll see you later!
    -Professor Oak

I start out in my room, and go downstairs. My Mom tells me about Lyra and gives me my bag and trainer card and stuff. I go outside and see all this useless beginning animation crap. Then I have to go get my first Pokemon. But first Prof. Elm has to bore me to death with his RESEARCH. I don't care, dude. Finally! I get my pokemon! I approach and choose: CYNDAQUIL.
    David recieved Cyndaquil from Prof. Elm. Would you like to give a nickname to the Cyndaquil you recieved?
    Is DaQuil the nickname you want to give? Yes.

POKEMON CAUGHT: CINDAQUIL
    DaQuil
    RELAXED
    HP:19 ATK: 10 DEF: 9 SPA: 12 SDF: 11 SPE: 9
    "STRONGLY DEFIANT"
    -TACKLE
    -LEER
    - (--)
    - (--)

After the scientist gives me potions, I go on my. Lyra talks about the same crap Elm does, and then I go and get my Pokegear, almost completing the bottom screen Touchpad. I'm finally on my own to go level up DaQuil on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. Nope, not even on my own for a minute when Prof. Elm wants my phone number. Sheesh. When I go into the tall grass for the first time, I encounter a Rattata Lv. 4. I slay it with tackle. I keep scouting around for more Pokemon to beat, when Hoothoot decides to be my next victim. DaQuil levels up and learns Smokescreen. 2 Hoothoots later, DaQuil levels up again. 22 Hoothoots and 5 Rattata's later, DaQuil is level 11, and knows Ember, and ready to go to Mr. Pokemon's house. When I get to Cherrygrove, Mr. Old Man reminds me that I'm still not done with the tutorial, and won't even be after the Running Shoes. Either way, I finally have shoes, and can advance to Mr. Pokemons house. After passing the bug-catcher, I have to go into the Apricorn guy's house. After listening to his rant on Apricorns, and getting a USELESS key item, I'm on the clear path to Mr. Pokemon's. Other than some Spinaraks and Hoothoots, the road is easy. I pass the Pink Apricorn tree, and I'm in his house, FINALLY! I get the "Mystery" Egg and Mr. Pokemon and Prof. Oak talk and talk and heal DaQuil. Then Prof. Oak fills my Touchpad with the Pokedex! Oak leaves for Goldenrod and gets my phone number and I leave, for one step, and Elm call and says that Silver stole Totodile, and I go back fighting against a bunch of wild Pokemon. I enter Cherrygrove, and am about to exit when Silver comes and dissed DaQuil. Not a good idea, buddy.

Passerby Boy sends out Totodile.
    GO! DaQuil!
    What will DaQuil do?
    FIGHT>TACKLE
    DaQuil used Tackle
    The Foe's Totodile used Leer
    What will DaQuil do?
    FIGHT>TACKLE
    The Foe's Totodile used Leer
    What will DaQuil do?
    FIGHT>TACKLE
    The Foe's Totodile fainted.
    DaQuil grew to level 12.

Next update will not be so fruitless or tedious!

TEAM RECAP:

DaQuil: CYNDAQUIL LEVEL: 12
    RELAXED; STRONGLY DEFIANT
    TO NEXT LEVEL: 255
    EXP: 1006
    BLAZE; NO ITEM
    HP: 32 ATK:17 DEF 16 SPA 21 SPD 20 SPD 18
    -EMBER
    -LEER
    -SMOKESCREEN
    -TACKLE

POKEMON KOed
    HOOTHOOTS: 24
    RATTATAS: 8
    SPINARAKA:2
    TOTODILES: 1

Last edited by TMankey; 12-29-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    bou0010 and Splash_King like this.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    I'm going to be the greatest Pokemon trainer that ever lived!
    -Silver

My first step in Pt. 2 is going back to route 29, after beating Silver. On my way, I skip all the tall grass and finally get back to Professor Elm's lab. The policemen blames me for stealing a Totodile that I just beat, when Lyra come's in and says what I would have said if I could talk. Then, because the policeman could suddenly read my mind, I told him Silver's name. The the policeman goes looking for Silver, who never gets caught, even though I battle him like 10 times. Then Lyra leaves. I give Elm the Egg, just so he can give it back to me later. Then Elm realizes I got my Pokedex, he tells me to go win the Pokemon league or something. Then he tells me to go talk to my mom. I don't.
    Lyra: There you are! I'll teach you to do something you already know how to do just because I stronger than you for the first 15 minutes of the game!

Because Lyra sucks, she doesn't even show me, and then she has to do it again. She beats a Rattata with one tackle, and then catches it realistically. If she was playing a Nuzlocke challenge, that Rattata would have killed her whole team. (Which was, in fact, just a Marill.) The only thing useful she does is give me five Pokeballs. I'm off to catch Bird the Pidgey, the second member of my Scramble/Unevolved. My first wild encounter is a Rattata. I OHKO it with Ember. My second wild encounter is a Sentret. I OHKO it, too. Finally, I run into a Pidgey, level 2. I think I might KO it with tackle, so I blindly throw a Pokeball. It caught the Pidgey.
    POKEMON CAUGHT: PIDGEY
    Bird
    RELAXED
    HP: 13 ATK: 6 DEF: 7 SPA: 6 SDF: 6 SPD: 6
    "QUICK TO FLEE"
    -TACKLE
    -(--)
    -(--)
    -(--)

I start to train Bird. The first Pokemon: Pidgey, level 3. Geez. Bird has 1 HP, so I send out DaQuil. OHKO. Pidgey is now battling another level 2, so it up to speed. It gets a crit. Gosh. I send out DaQuil for the OHKO. If I can't train Bird to level 10, then when I get Pear (Bellsprout) and Rocky (Onix) then Pear will destroy all Water types and Rocky will beat Falkner on his own, then Bird will be level 2 forever. Piddgey #3, its up to Bird. Bird gets lucky, he has 6 HP when Pidgey misses and he gets a crit. He still needs 22 exp to level up. Wild Pidgey #4 appears. It still almost KOs Bird. I used a potion and Bid is still in danger. I have to use another potion. SHEESH, Bird. Get it together. 15 exp. Still no level up. I know I can beat the Sentret. It comes up, and Bird FINALLY levels up to level 3. Long way to go. Sentret used foresight 3 times in a row, however. Leveling up helped a ton. Bird was KOing Wild 'MONs left and right. At level 5, Bird learned Sand attack. At level 6, Bird is 2HKOing everything, So I decide to advance and go fight The Top percentage of Rattata, and Youngster Mikey. On my way, I run into a Sentret and Pidgey, and grow to level 7. 2 Sentrets and a Pidgey later, I'm in Cherrygrove, and heal my Pokemon in an actual Pokemon Center for the first time. After a quick encounter in tall grass, Bird levels up. My first Trainer battle! (Excluding Silver. He's no Trainer to me.) That's the problem with Heartgold. The first Trainer has to be with Youngster Joey. Let me tell ya, Joe. Level 4 is not top percent. Eh uh. Bird 2HKOs Joey's Rattata. I take Joey's number just cuz I'll battle him later when I grind Onix. Trainer #2: Youngster Mikey. I get a crit and OHKO his Pidgey. I then 2HKO his Rattata, and level up and learns gust. Bug Catcher Don gets decimated by Bird and my Mom calls and asks to save my Money. I agree because I'm going to need the berries. I pass union cave, and save my game.

BIRD: PIDGEY LEVEL 9
    RELAXED; QUICK TO FLEE
    TO NEXT LEVEL: 36
    EXP: 524
    TANGLED FEET; NO ITEM
    HP: 27 ATK: 14 DEF: 15 SPA: 11 SDF: 11 SPD: 15
    -TACKLE
    -SAND ATTACK
    -GUST
    - (--)

DaQuil: CYNDAQUIL LEVEL: 12
    RELAXED; STRONGLY DEFIANT
    TO NEXT LEVEL: 173
    EXP: 1088
    BLAZE; NO ITEM
    HP: 32 ATK:17 DEF 16 SPA 21 SPD 20 SPD 18
    -EMBER
    -LEER
    -SMOKESCREEN
    -TACKLE
    Last edited by TMankey; 12-30-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by TMankey View Post
    I can get a Tyrogue, but you'de have to evolve it.
    Err... I'm pretty sure this is covered already. :P
    Did you know that death is bad for your health?
    100% of people who drink water die. No joke.
    Extensive studies have shown that the one thing all dead people have in common is that they once lived.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    A Pokemon you get in a Trade grows quickly. But if you don't have the right Gym Badges, they Disobey you
    -Rudy's Father

My first step in Pt.3, I get challenged by Bug Catcher Wade. Bird OHKOs all his Pokemon with Gust, and levels up after KOing 2 Caterpies. I friend him because he gives me berries. After a peaceful walk through tall grass, I go through the gate when Lyra, still with one level 5 Pokemon, comes and gives me a Vs. Recorder. (PS, Lyra, I got past you because you have to go to the Pokemon center every time you encounter a wild Pokemon.) I heal Bird and DaQuil real quick, than go down Route 32 to get 2 Bellsprouts. Instead I get a Rattata. I OHKO it with Bird, than switch DaQuil to first slot in case some pesky Mareeps try to paralyze me. Sure enough, Mareep level six gets in my way. 2HKO with Ember. Burn, Mareep. Bug Catcher Wade calls, and doesn't even mention berries. When Victim #2 turns out be Mareep, I 2HKO it, also. Just then I realized the things gave of 50 exp. So I decided to train DaQuil, even after I caught Pear and Pear #2. Victim number 3! BELLSPROUT! I switch in bird and tackle. It does probably 40% I tackle again. I can barely see the health bar when I throw my Pokeball.

Gotcha! Bellsprout was caught! Give a nickname to the caught Bellsprout? Yes. P-e-a-r.

POKEMON CAUGHT: BELLSPROUT
    Pear
    HARDY
    HP: 23 ATK: 15 DEF: 9 SPA: 14 SDF: 10 SPD: 10
    OFTEN DOZES OFF
    -VINE WHIP
    - (--)
    - (--)
    - (--)

I continue walking in the Route 32 grass because I need another Bellsprout to trade for Rocky the Onix. My next victim... Bellsprout! Sweet, 2 in a row! I did what I did last time. Switch in Bird and Tackle. Same result. Tackle again! Pokeball! CAUGHT. Same nickname. Let's compare stats!

POKEMON CAUGHT: BELLSPROUT
    Pear
    CALM
    HP: 22 ATK: 12 DEF: 10 SPA: 13 SDF: 9 SPD: 11
    OFTEN DOZES OFF
    -VINE WHIP
    - (--)
    - (--)
    - (--)

Overall, Pear #1 is better. Pear #2 I'll trade for Onix. I head back to Violet City Pokemon Center. I head to the House with the kid who wants Bellsprout.

Bye, Bye Pear [#2] Take care of Rocky!
    Bye, Bye Rocky Take care of Pear!

POKEMON CAUGHT: ONIX level: 6
    Rocky
    HASTY
    HP: 21 ATK: 11 DEF: 22 SPA: 9 SDF: 11 SPD: 15
    LOVES TO EAT
    -TACKLE
    -HARDEN
    -BIND
    -SCREECH

[Pokegear Rings] Wow, Joey. You took down a Pidgey. Interesting. I head back to Route 32 to level up Pear and Rocky. Victim #1 Hoppip. After 13 Tackle attempts, 3 misses and 5 Synthesises, I decided to use Screech and just OHKO Hoppip. Hardly a victim at all... After 3 Screeches, Hoppip still didn't die. Bind time. It missed. More Splashes. Bind, again. FINALLY. But 94 exp aint' bad. Bellsprout. Tackle. Vine Whip. Switch out. Bird. Gust. KO. Rocky levels up. Victim #3, Mareep. Mareep gets KO and Onix gets Paralyzed? I continue to slaughter wild Pokemon. After I get Rocky to level 9, it learns Rock Throw. Now it's safe to say that I wont need to train Rocky anymore, because he'll beat Falkner on his own. I start to train DaQuil, just because Pear and Bird are useless against Falkner. I then proceed to beat the Crap out of a Hoppip. After the Hoppip, I kill a Bellsprout, and level up, and learn Quick Attack over SmokeScreen. When a Mareep shows up, I decide to try my luck with Pear. he only used one potion and almost leveled up. 2 Rattatas later, DaQuil grew to level 14 and TRIED to evolve. He failed. It was time to train Pear. First opponent, a Bellsprout. They just kept Vinewhipping each other. It had the advantage in speed. Pear had gotten 2 crits. It had gotten 2 also. On they're last moves they killed each other with struggle. When Pear recovered, he 2HKOed a Rattata, and leved up and learned Growth, but it was useless since he had no SPA moves.

Level Update:
    Pear: 11
    Bird: 11
    Rocky:9
    DaQuil: 14

Just gonna train a little bit. Full Party update when I'm done training.
    Last edited by TMankey; 12-30-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    As promised: Full party update.

DaQuil: Cyndaquil Level 15
    Relaxed; "Strongly Defiant"
    To Next Level: 18
    EXP: 2517
    Blaze; No Item
    HP 38 ATK 21 DEF 19 SPA 26 SDF 24 SPD 23
    -EMBER
    -LEER
    -QUICK ATTACK
    -TACKLE

Bird: Pidgy Level 13
    Relaxed; "Quick to Flee"
    To Next Level: 4
    Exp: 1608
    Tangled Feet; No Item
    HP 34 ATK 18 DEF 19 SPA 14 SDF 14 SPD 20
    -TACKLE
    -SAND-ATTACK
    -GUST
    -QUICK ATTACK

Pear: BELLSPROUT LEVEL 13
    Hardy; "Often dozes Off"
    To Next Level: 322
    Exp: 1290
    Chlorophyll; No item
    HP 40 ATL 27 DEF 14 SPA 25 SDF 15 SPD 17
    -VINE WHIP
    -GROWTH
    -FLASH
    -SLEEP POWDER

Rocky: ONIX LEVEL 10
    Hasty; "Loves to Eat"
    To Next Level: 250
    Exp: 1081
    Sturdy; No Item
    HP 29 ATK 16 DEF 35 SPA 12 SDF 15 SPD 22
    -TACKLE
    -ROCK THROW
    -BIND
    -SCREECH

POKEMON KOed in Training:
    3 Caterpie
    1 weedle
    10 Rattata
    22 Mareep
    5 Hoppip
    32 Bellsprout
    2 HootHoot
    Last edited by TMankey; 12-30-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends

I accepteth thy challenge.......eth

Got bored playing my Emerald lately. I'll take a scramble monotype without trading, meaning 3rd gen pokes only. It's fine if I don't have a full party of 6, just give me a challenge

Member #
    Friends
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    I'll show you the real power of the magnificent bird Pokémon!
    -Falkner

Beating the Sprout Tower was just Training. Just boring battles.
    After beating Elder Li, and using my Escape Rope, I can finally beat the Gym. And I took 4 Updates. Anyway, I head over to the Gym. With Rocky in slot 1, I'm about to destroy Falkner. I go up the elevator thing and Bird Keeper Abe challenges me. OHKO on Spearow. Next Pokemon Trainer, Bird Keeper Rod, another OHKO on Pidgey. To easy. Rocky levels up. Another Pidgey, another KO.When I finally battle him, I just keep using Rock Throw, and Rocky isn't listening because he's past level 10. I manage to KO the Pidgey after several disobeyed orders and can't land any successful hits, except one Rock Throw, which Pidgeotto just Roostes off. Time for DaQuil. DaQuil land a 50% damage hit on Pigeotto, and then goes for a Quick Attack. Pidgeotto roosts it off. After many Embers, and Many roosts, DaQuil gets a crit and KOs Pidgeotto. Rocky and DaQuil level up. I get the badge, and Rocky will obey me till level 20, which is a bit of a jump, considering that's only 8 levels, now that hes 12. He gives me Roost, which will be good for Bird. After I leave the gym, Prof. Elm asks me to get the egg, which isn't a part of my team, but I have to get it anyway. I go to the Pokemart, get my Super Potions and the egg, then go and talk to the Kimono lady, then deposit the egg, and I'm on my way to Azaelea Town. When the old guy stopped me, I thought I hadn't completed the Violet City plot. Then I realized he was just giving me Pear's item: The Miracle seed.

BIG FAT UPDATE 2nd: ALL THE WAY TO AZAELEA.
    Last edited by TMankey; 01-01-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomperful View Post
    Got bored playing my Emerald lately. I'll take a scramble monotype without trading, meaning 3rd gen pokes only. It's fine if I don't have a full party of 6, just give me a challenge
    I give you Sceptile and Cacturne, Glomperful.
    Glomperful likes this.

Member #
    Friends
    Do other people add on to my team or do I just have those? Also, HM slaves are allowed right? I'll start my game now, if anybody wants me to get a lotad, seedot, or shroomish tell me soon lol.
    Last edited by Glomperful; 12-30-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomperful View Post
    Do other people add on to my team or do I just have those? Also, HM slaves are allowed right? I'll start my game now, if anybody wants me to get a lotad, seedot, or shroomish tell me soon lol.
    Other people will give you your other pokemon. 2 each max.
    I give you Linoone (great HM slave ) and Gardevoir

I'm also doing another speed-run for sapphire. I'm trying to beat my previous time. I'm only going to give very, very brief updates as I intend to do exactly the same thing as last time.

SPEED-RUN UPDATE
    I've just beaten the third gym and am 22 minutes ahead of my previous time (Told you they would be very brief)
    Last edited by bou0010; 12-31-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Ads