Like Tree186Likes

Thread: The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Your eggs will definitely be ready tomorrow, Link. =) I'd imagine J'll find the time to do your movesets the 'morrow, too.

And another daily challenge status comes to a close. Really didn't make much progress, this time... Just one badge.

Smacked around my rivals, traveled through the desert, hated on Fluffy (Storm... -_-') some more, and made progress in Nimbasa. Elesa was just-plain easy. I focused on leveling up Fluffy beforehand, since the piece of shit takes so long to level, and Trapinch was underleveled before the gym. But when you're a ground type with Eviolite, that posses few problems. :P Rock Tomb ruined the Emolga, Dig for all the Blitzle. The gym trainers were beyond easy.

Elesa was just as easy, really. Both of her Emolga were ruined by a 2HKO of Rock Tomb, and Zebstrika fell to a single Earthquake. Flame Charge didn't even do half health; that electric immunity made this gym just-plain easy. Boring easy. Another day, another badge. With the bolt badge down, I'm halfway there!

Team Levels:

Fluffy: Lv 31 (only four more 'till Altaria, thank god! T_T I will destroy you for this torment, Storm! DESTROY!)
    Trapinch: Lv 30
    The slaves: all the same as last time.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Your eggs will definitely be ready tomorrow, Link. =) I'd imagine J'll find the time to do your movesets the 'morrow, too.And another daily challenge status comes to a close. Really didn't make much progress, this time... Just one badge.Smacked around my rivals, traveled through the desert, hated on Fluffy (Storm... -_-') some more, and made progress in Nimbasa. Elesa was just-plain easy. I focused on leveling up Fluffy beforehand, since the piece of shit takes so long to level, and Trapinch was underleveled before the gym. But when you're a ground type with Eviolite, that posses few problems. :P Rock Tomb ruined the Emolga, Dig for all the Blitzle. The gym trainers were beyond easy.Elesa was just as easy, really. Both of her Emolga were ruined by a 2HKO of Rock Tomb, and Zebstrika fell to a single Earthquake. Flame Charge didn't
    even do half health; that electric immunity made this gym just-plain easy. Boring easy. Another day, another badge. With the bolt badge down, I'm halfway there! Team Levels:Fluffy: Lv 31 (only four more 'till Altaria, thank god! T_T I will destroy you for this torment, Storm! DESTROY!)Trapinch: Lv 30The slaves: all the same as last time.
    Man I pitty you. Hopefully when it evolves it will serve you better. About the eggs, after I get my final movesets I will PM you about the time and such for the trading.
    Last edited by Red_Link; 07-25-2011 at 09:39 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Link View Post
    Man I pitty you. Hopefully when it evolves it will serve you better. About the eggs, after I get my final movesets I will PM you about the time and such for the trading.
    Thanks for the pity, but no amount of it can save me from this sinister bird... T_T (Storm... -_-')

You got it, Link. I only need to breed the Tauros egg, so whenever the time comes, they'l be 100% ready. Make sure to catch four fodder pokes for the eggs.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I forgot about today's challenge update, lol. herpaderp

Really, nothin' important happened at all. Fought a few trainers, evolved my useless Fluffy into a gigantic ball of useless fluff (Storm... -_-'), and Trapinch gained some levels. I'll hopefully be able to snag at least two badges tomorrow to make up for this lack in progress. Oh, and I got Strength.

Team Levels:

Trapinch: Lv. 32
    Fluffy: Lv. 35
    Sawk: Lv. 17 (a rotation battle forced two levels)
    Whimsicott: Lv. 15 (<3)
    Oshawott: Lv. 12
    Pansear: Lv. 10

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Challenge Update 1

My challenge has finally begun! To get things started, I went through the very beginning with ease. I chose Turtwig for my starter, just because Turtwig is awesome, but unfortunatly ditched it as soon as I could get my hands on a Starly and Bidoof. So I continued through Jublife City, with both my Starly and Bidoof doing well. When it came to the first rival battle right outside Jublife, I had no trouble whatsoever. I quickly then made it to Oreburgh city, disposing of any trainers standing in my way. That was my final destination for the day, for their I was able to get my pal pad. I finished my team by receiving a Spinda, Tauros, Aipom, and Glameow from SSBfreakCK at level one each. Thus ends the first day of my adventure!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Link View Post
    I finished my team by receiving a Spinda, Tauros, Aipom, and Glameow from SSBfreakCK at level one each. Thus ends the first day of my adventure!
    Finally indeed. Better level those up before you get any farther in, eh? Level 1's can't do garbage to even a level 3, 'specially not a good rock type. And Oreburgh Gym'll definitely have a few of those.

Speaking of which, your movesets have arrived!

Bibarel's Moveset:

Surf (HM)
    Waterfall (HM)
    Strength (HM)
    Yawn (Lvl)

Yep, the best HM Slave of Gen 4. I hate to do it, but it's the only pokemon that can learn Waterfall and Surf on your team (as far as I know), and Strength is a matter of "well, why the hell not?" Yawn is better than it's TM moves, and since this thing in no way hits hard, why not give it the second most reliable sleep move in the game? Might save you one day.

Purugly's Moveset:

Body Slam (Lvl)
    Sucker Punch (Lvl)
    Hypnosis (Lvl)
    Dig (TM)

Purugly's moveset isn't wide in terms of type coverage, but it's still not to be underestimated. Body Slam is great STAB and can paralyze, Sucker Punch is powerful priority with Dark type to kill ghosts wanting to take your normal moves, Hypnosis might help if Purugly is facing a pokemon it simply can't handle. Something like a Steelix might take poor damage from Dig, and could counter with Earthquake, for example. And aforementioned Dig is just useful.

A REALLY important note to not forget, Link; Sucker Punch is only learned by Glameow at lv. 41. Even with a Heart Scale, if you evolve Glameow into Purugly at lv. 38, there's no way to teach it Sucker Punch. Waiting only three levels for such an awesome move (Priority and 20 more Base Power instead of Faint Attack's never-miss? yeah, it's better lol) is seriously worth it. So yeah, don't evolve Glameow until it learns Sucker Punch.

Also, an HM tip. Rock Smash and Rock Climb both should be learnable by at least one pokemon before you're able to give your pokemon their final movesets. So yeah, just make sure you don't have all your pokemon mastered by the time you need to beat Mt. Coronet (not happening unless you level grind an extra three hours, lol). You'll need Rock Climb for Victory Road too, so yeah. If you do end up 100% needing a TM but your movesets are already finished, you can of course replace one of the moves that's supposed to be on the moveset. If you can get the move back via heart scale or a buyable TM, do so when you can, though.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the movesets and tips. I'll be sure to remember to make my Glamoew learn Sucker Punch. HMs won't be a problem either, nothing a few heart scales won't fix.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Yeah, I forgot to update twice, woops. Pretty big update for today because of that.

After I finished Elesa, I worked my way through Clay's gym (after more of Team Plasma's bigotry, 'course), and Trapinch finally evolved and lost it's epic attack power until 10 levels later. =/ But, Levitate carried me through the gym. Even Clay's Excadrill couldn't get at Vibrava since it had evolved, which drastically increased it's speed. Even if I didn't OHKO with EQ (I certainly did), there's no way Excadrill was going to OHKO me in retaliation with Metal Claw. A piece of cake for the Quake Badge.

Fluffy (Storm... -_-') stopped being horrendously hard to level up, although it's no speed demon. So my team's starting to get up there in levels. The Plasma fools didn't stand a chance in Chargestone cave of course, and on to battle Skyla I went. Fluffy solo'd it alone since Vibrava hadn't evolved and gotten a good not-ground STAB yet, while it had Fly. The gym trainers got 'em up a few levels, and Skyla was, again, easy. Fly OHKO'd all three of her pokes, and the Jet Badge was child's play to get.

Off to Icirrus city, and Vibrava evolved along the way. With Dragon Claw in tow, I've now got dual physical STAB, so Flygon is hittin' hard. ... Sort of. Even though both my pokes are 4x weak to Ice, Dragon Claw OHKO'd the entire gym trainer roster. Brycen himself wasn't much harder. His Beartic survived a D-claw and OHKO'd back with Icicle Crash (Flygon's first getting KO'd in a gym for the entire game... D=), but Fluffy's Fly finished off it and the Cryogonal he sent out afterwards. The Freeze badge was the hardest since Gym 2, really. And it wasn't even hard, lol.

FURTHER Plasma annoyances, and off to Dragonspiral Tower. As soon as I entered, I began the hunt for my next and last dragon; Druddigon. And let me tell you; IT ****ING SUCKED ARGHRAGEQUITNAO! D=< I wanted to get a seriously good Druddigon, since the other two pokes I have aren't impressive statwise, and Altaria just sucks. Fluffy can piss off, it ain't no dragon in my book. =/ So, my mission was to catch six and check from there.

The first one, I aerial ace'd with Fluffy; it was over half it's HP, and that was it's weakest move. **** it, I ran away since Flygon would just do more damage, I wasn't catching it. Next Druddigon, Fly crits. Why, game... why? I rarely crit, even when I previously gave Fluffy a scope lens around Gym 5, and now? When I'm trying to ****ing catch something? Dick. Thanks for spiting me.

I then proceed to catch two Druddigons. I'd be more than half way there if it wasn't for shit, but whatever.

AND THEN ANOTHER ONE DIES FROM A ****ING CRIT! ARGH! Why does the game hate me all of a sudden?!

So I proceed to catch another Druddigon. Half way there, I'd be done by now if it wasn't for hax, ugh. And then I crit another Druddigon with Fly.

Rage. Raaaaaage. I wanted to smash this game card, and send the fragments into the highest volcano in middle-earth. Ugh. But no, I continue. Even though Druddigon should be showing up nearly half the time, it's only appearing every one Mienshao and seven ****ing Golett's. Apparently this thing's more rare than a god-damn Dratini. I've been spending all this time just to miss catching three Druddigon via bullshit, and waste time walking around seeing ugly ****in' ghost robots. I just want to catch my god damned Druddigon. =/

So, I do catch another one, and I'm just one short. Finally, I can stop this utter bullsh--

"A Critical Hit"

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!? Dx I HAD ENOUGH OF A SHITTY ****ING EXPERIENCE WITH A CERTAIN DRAGON LAST GENERATION! D:< **** this shit, I'm done. I'm taking one of these five and going. I don't care anymore... Rage quit.

Is what I thought. And I thought right. The last Druddigon I caught was Adamant, and had Sheer Force (the only one without Rough Skin, none the less...). It had a 10~ for it's attack IV, but I don't care. I've had enough. **** this shit, I'm moving on. Ugh...

Attempting to set aside my endless anger, I can finally proceed with the ****in' storyline. I take my anger out on Plasma, and my Druddigon quickly grows in levels thanks to the vitamins I've saved up, a Lucky Egg, and being a good poke in general. Slow or not. Storyline with N getting Zekrom happens, and I save there.

Worst gaming session since Wayward Cave ever. ****ING EVER!
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-29-2011 at 09:51 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ^^^ see what happens when you make fun of the fluff ball? it haunts your dreams. instead of counting sheep tonight, youll be counting swablu > lmao

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    ^^^ see what happens when you make fun of the fluff ball? it haunts your dreams. instead of counting sheep tonight, youll be counting swablu > lmao
    A different dragon was the source of my problems this time, Storm. =/

I'll curse out the bird hat all I want. -.-; That erratic EXP piece of shit was enough. Then the game has to go an troll me with ****ing Druddigons. Ugh.

I'll still be counting Whimsicotts tonight.~♪

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Ads