Like Tree186Likes

Thread: The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    As per usual, I've been brainless 'n forgot 'bout my challenge. It's been more than three months since I started it... I feel equally dumb as the Rhyhorn I'm training. HERPADERP

Challenge Update

Surfed East of New Bark Town 'n entered Kanto in a heart beat. After makin' my way through Tohjo Falls, I battled a bunch of weak trainers, Stomping them into the dust very literally. ... Well, until a Nidorina just had to activate Poison Point anyways. ._. Luckily, I didn't forget 'bout the house half way through Route 26 and made my way there to be healed. I managed to accidentally battle every single avoidable trainer on the way like the imbecile I am, but Rhyhorn was still in the clear when we got there either way.

Back on the road, moar weak trainers held me up on my way to Victory Road. Upon entering said cave, I immediately encountered an Onix. Not the easiest catch oddly enough, took 5 Ultra Balls. As always, at the end of the cave that redheaded jerk forced me into a battle. Laughably, it was the easiest rival battle yet.

All of his Pokes were OHKO'd and outsped (seeing a Rhyhorn outspeed a Sneasel mind ****ed me ). Into the league to heal 'n save. Next time I turn on the DS, the E4 are goin' down.

Rhyhorn is currently level 78.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    I should do a solo run sometime. It sounds fun. I've always been interested in a Madkip run, but I also kind of want to do one with Eevee.

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Finished silph Co., tanned rival Sho Kappa and Giovanna wasn't that hard either. Everything died in a single Slash!

Instantly headed for the 6th gym, skipped all the trainers and headed for the gym leader as Sandslash has bollocks for Special defence, wasn't much of an issue when everything died in a single Slash anyway. 6th badge Get-tau!

CK(Sandslash) is now level 66.

Edit: Went through the old mansion on Cinnabar island to get the key to the gym. Got some neat items there too. Headed straight for the gym after going TM hunting for Fly and Strength and tanned everyone there, the gym leaders Arcanine survived dig only because Sandslash had his attack power lowered by Intimidates but a Slash and a dig and its outta there! 7th gym badge Get-tau!

PS: Sandslash is level 69, I just had to save it there.
    Last edited by Pichu2k7; 07-10-2012 at 12:09 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

Challenge Update

Spoiler Alert!
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post

Challenge Update

Spoiler Alert!
    Was a long read but congrats bro. You ****ed their shit up.

PS: Yay for G-Mod heavy.

My own challenge update: After getting the 7th badge it was straight to the Viridian city to head into the gym and trash Giovanni. Avoided as many trainers as possible as pointless trainer battles now bore me as Sandslash is now in the 70's (what a hipster). Giovanni acted the tough guy but Slash and Dig made quick work of his poke's except his Nidoqueen and Nidoking who took a few more punches then expected, in all in all though earthquake did laughably low damage to Sandslash and they were felled just as easy as his other poke's. 8th badge Get-tau!

Started heading to the League only to find out I hadn't beaten Rival Sho early on when I had the chance, his poke's we're relatively easy except Venasaur, the tank took a good amount of hits and Razor Leaf did just under 50% of Sandslash's health and dig spamming might've been a bad idea as it used Synthesize to heal up the damage I was dealing. It was close as I had to send out a Paris to tank a shot to heal up before switching out and knocking the big bugger out. Saved out side the Pokemon league, tomorrow i'm gonna take on the E4 and clear Victory road. My only worry is the first E4 member (I forgot the names due to it being a long time, don't bother me about it) as she uses Ice types which may cause issues. All in all a good run today.
    Last edited by Pichu2k7; 07-11-2012 at 09:44 AM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Update 1
    Spoiler Alert!

Post merged by ye olde 'Karpmod.

Update 2
    Spoiler Alert!

Post merged again by ye olde 'Karpmod.

Update 3
    Spoiler Alert!

Y U SO INACTIVE THREAD?
    Last edited by Splash_King; 08-06-2012 at 01:29 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

Challenge Update

It's finally time to end this challenge; preferably, in victory. I did my final bits of research on the last two gym leaders, Sabrina and Blue. Sabrina is first obviously. My pre-battle research uncovered some very interesting news; firstly, it was a misconception that her Espeon had Energy Ball. This is REALLY good news, since Rhyhorn never would'a been able to take two Energy Balls. /grass-type innuendo?

The second bit of news is grim; Mr. Mime can outspeed Rhyhorn with a Speed+ nature, since I didn't give Rhyhorn it's own Speed-increasing nature. If my luck is sour, the challenge ends right there. But that aside, there's no point in second guessin' the fight any longer, nothin' to do but go for it.

Let the battle for the badge begin; out comes Espeon 'n Rhyhorn. I do have an ace up my sleeve for this occasion that I've been waitin' to use. In Generation 4, Gym Leader/Elite Four AI will often use a support move if you use one of your weaker, if not weakest, attacking moves. Espeon used Calm Mind since I ordered Rhyhorn to stomp it flat. Rhyhorn flattened the Psychic Eeveelution without a scratch. Checkmate.

Out comes Alakazam. Stomp won't KO if it uses Reflect, so regardless of whether or not her Mr. Mime is still OHKO'd by Earthquake after, Stomp is the poor choice of move. Alakazam hits Rhyhorn hard with Energy Ball, knockin' it down to a third of it's HP. Earthquake slams back, and knocks it out cold easily.

Mr. Mime comes to the battlefield as her anchor. Rhyhorn's got the remaining HP to take Mr. Mime's Psychic, so bar a crit, this badge is mine. But Mr. Mime didn't get that Speed+ nature I feared, and Rhyhorn outsped for a clean KO. Marsh Badge get!

With that done, I healed up 'n flew off to Cinnabar to return Blue to the Viridian Gym. After that, I made my way through the gym's "puzzle" without needin' to fight any trainers. Time for the final battle of the challenge.

Spoiler Alert!
    Neosquid likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Well, good job!

I gotta do one sometime with Sableye, Sharpedo, Stunfisk, or something.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

Final Challenge Update

My challenge might be over, but I thought I'd give Red a shot for shits and giggles... I have virtually no chance of winning, but I'll fight to the end anyways.

Spoiler Alert!

That aside, I mentioned I'd begin a combined Emerald Nuzlocke at some point; I'm puttin' it off since KH:3D is gonna be in my hands very soon. Perhaps in a few months.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Good job karp. unfortunately my nephew reset my game so I'll continue my SS challenge until B/W2 come out.

Ads