LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 270 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2699
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: Pokemon X/Y

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Meh. I think you're underestimating it, but I'm probably overestimating it, too. I suppose it depends exactly how good Sticky Web ends up being. The bulk certainly means something if getting Sticky Web up without having the setter die is important, and although the power creep indeed limits its capabilities (especially in the higher tiers), I do believe it will be able to take on a select few Pokemon rather well, so it's not total dead weight outside of setting up hazards.

If it counts for anything, it seems to have a decent matchup with many Defog users. It might be able to use Infestation (if it learns it, it probably does) when they use Defog, forcing them to stay in while losing 1/8th of their HP every turn. It could even set up Sticky Web again if they switched out after Infestation ended, and it has Encore if they try to set up. Obviously there are a lot of variables to this, and I haven't put energy into damage calculations or anything, but it's an idea I felt was at least worth bringing up. It doesn't help that a lot of flying types learn Roost, either. I'm also unsure if the Defog users it doesn't lose will even be used, I'm too lazy to analyze it much right now.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 10-20-2013 at 03:57 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I'm not underestimatin' Sticky Web; you'll see it on my team, I can tell ya that much. I'm not underestimatin' Shuckle either, 'cause it sucks. Nor are you overestimatin' Sticky Web, as it's definitely gonna be crucial to the metagame. It's a matter of you overestimating Shuckle. What can it effectively do 'sides Sticky Web? Rocks, Toxistall and Encore. Three things a shitton of other Pokes do better to the point they're worth an extra team slot. It's still Taunt and 'specially set-up fodder when found without Encore.

Galvantula is gonna be everywhere abusin' it's accurate Thunder 'n Sticky Web, everyone's gonna have a speedy Taunter/hard t' KO spinner, as well as entry hazards of their own to kill said Bug-type. Oh, and stall will be more viable since it gives few-to-no ****s 'bout losin' speed.

Oh, and let's not forget that Levitaters or Flyin'-types don't care 'bout the entry hazard. And priority. And Quiver/DD.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I don't think you're giving the poor bug enough credit. OU was a silly prediction, perhaps, but it doesn't suck. I think it has enough of a niche to work well at least in the lower tiers, especially since Galvantula won't be there. Infestation, Rocks, Encore, Power Split, etc are nice little moves to compliment Sticky Web.

Speaking of Infestation and other apparently buffed binding moves, I wonder what effect Binding Band will have on them...hmm...

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Okay... Since I don't know much about how to friend people on the 3DS, or Pokemon x/y, can someone run that by me real quick?

Edit: Nvm I'm stupid.
    Last edited by Bodine; 10-20-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Just gonna leave this here

Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    Okay... Since I don't know much about how to friend people on the 3DS, or Pokemon x/y, can someone run that by me real quick?

Edit: Nvm I'm stupid.
    VM me when you wanna trade.
    Splash_King likes this.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Funny how it only takes a single move t' make a loser a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    OU was a silly prediction
    Yesz!

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    It doesn't suck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKFKpO_Ye0

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    So I have my complete first team finished for this Gen with it being based in an OU environment. Seeing as its all theorymon for now, any and all criticisms are appreciated. Will post it before the night is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Aggron
    Ability: Filter
    @ Aggronite
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Def
    Aggron Base Stats: 70/110/180/60/60/50
    Mega Aggron Base Stats: 70/140/230/60/80/50
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Dragon Tail
    - Iron Head/ Heavy Slam

Aggron is one of the Pokémon that define crippling overspecialization, with its high defense, good attack, and low everything else. Aggron's poor special defense means it can't take special attacks, and his poor typing gives him a x4 weakness to the ever common ground and fighting moves, making its physical defense a moot point. It has a niche in the form of recoilless Head Smashes and the ability to try to sweep by setting up using Rock Polish, but this wasn't enough to make it have use in OU. However, Aggron is one of the Pokémon to get a mega evolution, and it's a great one. It loses its rock-typing, gets increased special defense, gains the ability filter, and its defense goes through the roof. Not only that, but its attack goes up to a great base 140. All of this combined makes Mega Aggron is a defensive behemoth, tanking physical hits like they're nothing and hitting back hard.
    With max investment, Aggron gets the most terrifying physical defense, allowing it to tank almost any physical hit with ease. The last two slots depend on what you want Aggron to do for you and your team, with your choices of either more coverage or more support.

Sylveon
    Ability: Cute Charm
    @ Leftovers
    EVs: 128 SpAtk, 252 SpDef, 128 Spd
    - Dazzling Gleam/ Moonblast
    - Wish
    - Toxic
    - Psyshock

The next eon has awakened, and the fall of the Dragons begins. Just the mere existence of the Fairy-type has left a huge mark on the game. Sylveon was the first fairy to be released, and it lives up to its hype. With 110 Special Attack and tons of bulk on the special side Sylveon makes a great special tank. Psyshock is used to hit Poison Types where it hurts: Super effective against their typically lower defense stat. All magic comes at a cost, however, and Sylveon sees that in the form of its low Defense and a moveset that leaves much to be desired. Still, Sylveon will make its statement in the metagame, one Dragon at a time.

Tyranitar
    Ability: Sand Stream
    @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk, 128 Spd, 128 Hp
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Dark Pulse

Garchomp
    Ability: Sand Veil
    @ Choice Band
    EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge

Aegislash
    Ability: Stance Change
    @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Atk, 6 SpDef
    - Kings Shield
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword
    - Swords Dance/ Iron Head

Stance Change is Aegislash's signature ability, and with thoughtful play it essentially allows Aegislash to change between being a Deoxys-A and a Deoxys-D at will. When Aegislash makes a move, before it completes its move it will change form depending on the type of move used. If it is a damage dealing move, Aegislash will change into its Blade Forme, an extremely powerful but frail mixed attacker. If it uses King's Shield, then it will revert back into Shield Forme, an extremely bulky mixed wall. Other non-damaging moves do not cause a form change. Note that Aegislash is by default in Shield Forme, and will be in Shield Forme when switched in.
    A notable move to explain is Aegislash's signature move King's Shield. King's Shield in essence works as protect, blocking a single enemy attack. This allows Aegislash to safely revert back to its Shield Forme the turn after it attacks, ready to take another hit. However, in addition to acting like protect, if the opposing pokemon would make contact with Aegislash when King's Shield is active, its Attack stat harshly drops. This move forces your opponent to think carefully when facing Aegislash with a physical attacker. However, it seems as though King's Shield does not protect against status moves. I have reports that King's Shield failed to protect against Will-o-wisp and pain split.

Delphox
    Ability: Blaze
    @ Assault Vest
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
    - Psychic
    - Fire Blast
    - Grass Knot
    - Overheat

Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions, Questions, all appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001

3DS FC: 1461-6308-5932

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    GAH ****ING WILD ALTARIA EAT MY UBER'S STAB MOONBLAST

Also, why is a shittastical Poke like Spinda found so late in the game... ?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads