LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 269 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2684
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Pokemon X/Y

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    exploud is still shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    There is beauty in patches, but such a thing does not exist for DLC.
    Free DLC.

Undead Nightmare.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    exploud is still shit lol
    It won't get boosted to OU or anything but I wouldn't say that it's "shit" by any means. That's a lot of firepower right there. It's not as frail either due to the Sp. Defense boost. 104/63/73 isn't all that bad.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    'Ey Nick, do ya have a shiny Sharpedo? Or a *Stunfisk, perhaps? ... No? What about you J, surely you've a *Feebas. Ya don't? Hm. Well...

Spoiler Alert!

Also, XY apparently has dynamic lighting. I noticed it ages ago, but figured I was imaginin' it since I'd never think a Pokemon game would have somethin' like that.

Also, I just realized why Nick loves Swalot: the diamonds.

Also, I'm really sick of seein' Swalot at the start of every battle. /permabox

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    'Ey Nick, do ya have a shiny Sharpedo? Or a *Stunfisk, perhaps? ... No? What about you J, surely you've a *Feebas. Ya don't? Hm. Well...

Spoiler Alert!
    I'm probably going to chain fish for a shiny Carvanha pretty soon.

Also, I just realized why Nick loves Swalot: the diamonds.
    That's part of it. Never fully understood the full reason I love it so much. Various factors.

i need to stop being awakre at six in the morning

edit: ... *awake. case in point
    Last edited by Neosquid; 10-26-2013 at 06:21 AM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    So Gourgeist/Pumpkaboo... What an interesting pokemon. The 4 different sizes affect its stats quite largely; the smallest of the forms being a frail but speedy sub-seeder with potential for perhaps a choice set while the largest size can be a defensive wall to mix things up... Hmmm...

So you guys know what I'm talking about,

Gourgeist Size Base Stats;

Small: 55/85/122/48/75/99

Average: 60/85/122/48/75/84

Large: 70/90/122/48/75/69

Supersize:85/100/122/48/75/54

This poke is so intriguing its disgusting. Plus it has its own signature move, Trick r' Treat, the effects of which give the opponent the 'Ghost' typing. Did I mention it gets Shadow Sneak to make up for that horrible speed in Supersize form? Oh yes, also a less than reliable yet still usable recovery in the form of Pain Split. Frisk as an ability? Trick as an egg move? I could see a Scarf-Trick set for this.

(Btw, Trick or Treat is more useful than it seems. You can take away the opponents STAB bc it replaces the secondary typing with Ghost. This also means that after Trick or Treating,
    priority Shadow Sneak will hit for super effective damage)

While on the topic of type changing, I feel meta gross will be sinking this format, possibly to high UU if for nothing but the prevalence there will be of Mega Gengar in OU. Reason I say is because Steel no longer resists Ghost or Dark, so Gengars Shadow STAB ball will hit Gross where it hurts for a super effective and clean OHKO. Also makes ghost moves more viable coverage moves now seeing as dark is all that resists them (unless I'm missing one) but I feel that Ghosts will rise in OU this format simply for the fact that they are now one of the most unpredicted attack options, making them also one of the safest to use.
    Neosquid likes this.

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Unlike what seems to be most other people, I really like Diggersby. I liked it before, but it's been growing on me a lot. It's hilarious, and it's actually a pretty good Pokemon with its access to Huge Power.

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    So Gourgeist/Pumpkaboo... What an interesting pokemon. The 4 different sizes affect its stats quite largely; the smallest of the forms being a frail but speedy sub-seeder with potential for perhaps a choice set while the largest size can be a defensive wall to mix things up... Hmmm...

So you guys know what I'm talking about,

Gourgeist Size Base Stats;

Small: 55/85/122/48/75/99

Average: 60/85/122/48/75/84

Large: 70/90/122/48/75/69

Supersize:85/100/122/48/75/54

This poke is so intriguing its disgusting. Plus it has its own signature move, Trick r' Treat, the effects of which give the opponent the 'Ghost' typing. Did I mention it gets Shadow Sneak to make up for that horrible speed in Supersize form? Oh yes, also a less than reliable yet still usable recovery in the form of Pain Split. Frisk as an ability? Trick as an egg move? I could see a Scarf-Trick set for this.

(Btw, Trick or Treat is more useful than it seems. You can take away the opponents STAB bc it replaces the secondary typing with Ghost. This also means that after Trick or Treating,
    priority Shadow Sneak will hit for super effective damage)

While on the topic of type changing, I feel meta gross will be sinking this format, possibly to high UU if for nothing but the prevalence there will be of Mega Gengar in OU. Reason I say is because Steel no longer resists Ghost or Dark, so Gengars Shadow STAB ball will hit Gross where it hurts for a super effective and clean OHKO. Also makes ghost moves more viable coverage moves now seeing as dark is all that resists them (unless I'm missing one) but I feel that Ghosts will rise in OU this format simply for the fact that they are now one of the most unpredicted attack options, making them also one of the safest to use.
    To be fair, 55/122/75 is pretty bulky on the physical side, although not amazing. I see your point, though. Indeed, it's a very interesting Pokemon. I like its design a lot too.

Now, I'm not totally sure, but on various Smogon threads I've been reading, it was mentioned that Trick or Treat actually adds the ghost-type even to dual type Pokemon. For example, using the move on Salamence would make it Dragon/Flying/Ghost. I could see this move being used alongside a Pursuit user.

I didn't really play BW OU, but I did hear bad things about Metagross, so it very likely will drop down to UU. Unfortunate. And regarding ghosts, they did get better, although they can't protect entry hazards quite as well due to the Defog buff.

Really wondering if Sableye gets Parting Shot via breeding from Pangoro. I think we would have figured it out already if it did, but I didn't see people really researching it on Smogon, unless I missed something...
    Last edited by Neosquid; 10-26-2013 at 08:45 AM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    i need to stop being awakre at six in the morning
    secondkarp.jpeg

So Gourgeist/Pumpkaboo... What an interesting pokemon. The 4 different blah blah blah...
    It'l be garbage competitively, but it's literally the only foodmon I like... though it's only borderline foodmon, I s'pose. No wonder.

It lost super-Explosion in Gen V. In Gen VI, Mega Aggron's presence and Psychic-typing officially bein' mega-dead weight for Metagross put quite a few nails in the coffin. Metagross is definitely gonna loose a lot of presence in the higher tiers.

Diggersby is actually a pretty good Pokemon
    No.

Defog buff
    ... Is completely irrelevant if a bunch'a Pokes don't get it as an egg move.

Really wondering if Sableye gets Parting Shot via breeding from Pangoro.
    would b broken

Either way, it probably gets Confide, yeah? WoW + Confide + Recover + ? = Sableye ****s anythin' not a Fairy-type.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    No.
    Hey now Dirge, let's not underrate it from a gameplay standpoint. You're far too hasty with dismissing Pokemon as bad before we even really see them in action. An effective ~160 base attack is nothing to laugh at. The rest of its stats are almost exactly average, and it even gets stuff like Quick Attack, Swords Dance, and Agility.

... Is completely irrelevant if a bunch'a Pokes don't get it as an egg move.
    I thought we concluded that Defog Pokemon can be transferred from Gen IV come December (not directly of course)?

would b broken

Either way, it probably gets Confide, yeah? WoW + Confide + Recover + ? = Sableye ****s anythin' not a Fairy-type.
    It does get Confide, among every other Pokemon that learns TM's, I do believe. It's not enough to save it from nukes like Chandelure (though it wants to switch in even less due to buffed Knock Off hitting it harder than Foul Play ever did), but it does indeed help against a lot of special attackers. The problem is, it has to forgo an attacking move, which really sucks, especially since it now gets a Knock Off that can actually damage things, as stated earlier.

According to Bulbapedia, Confide hits through Protect/variants and lifts their effects, making Sableye even more useful in doubles, especially since it doesn't mind not running Taunt nearly as much.

let me fangasm
    Last edited by Neosquid; 10-26-2013 at 03:37 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I've decided to derp on Wonder Trade and give away five Spiritomb every day for a number of reasons. First and foremost, ID numbers t' hopefully win some PP Up/Max at the lotto (I already won a PP Up). Secondly, Spiritomb is Friend Safari only and even more rare in past Generations otherwise, so clearly I'll make someone's day every day. Third, if the Masuda method still exists, a lucky *Spiritomb would be nice... not that I expect one. Lastly, it's nigh-Halloween in the mean time. Perhaps I'll give away Delibird come Christmas season.

... Or maybe not, 'cause no one likes Delibird.

Anyways, today's trades are a Hasty Dwebble (Crabicoque) from France, a Quirky Drifloon, a Timid Pancham from Japan (fbhwousruobgtuohegtouh), a Hardy German Fletchling (Dartiri), and a Lonely Luvdisc (looooooooooooooool irony). None'a these Pokes exceed Lv. 15, all of which came from players with high playtime. For shame you shameless, shameful people.

Oh, and I finally got the chance t' nickname my *Magikarp what I've planned since over a year ago: 'Karp Diem. A fitting nickname for a Poke that took 181 fishing rod casts t' hook.

160 base attack
    lol

I thought we concluded that Defog Pokemon can be transferred from Gen IV come December (not directly of course)?
    i forgot lawl

It does get Confide, among every other Pokemon that learns TM's, I do believe. It's not enough to save it from nukes like Chandelure (though it wants to switch in even less due to buffed Knock Off hitting it harder than Foul Play ever did), but it does indeed help against a lot of special attackers. The problem is, it has to forgo an attacking move, which really sucks, especially since it now gets a Knock Off that can actually damage things, as stated earlier.
    Moveslot syndrome is a problem, certainly... but if you predict a Special Attacker is switchin' in, and Confide on said switch, nukes like Chandelure become piddly bottle rockets. All Sableye fears if it runs Knock Off over Night Shade are Physical sweepers with a move for bolstering it's Attack/are Fire-type, or anythin' with Guts.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    "I'm getting tired of wearing my swimsuit. I think I'll make this my last battle in it." yes pls random NPC

... Or maybe not, 'cause no one likes Delibird.
    It's actually the favorite Pokemon of one of my irl friends.

lol
    Okay now you're just trolling aren't you

Moveslot syndrome is a problem, certainly... but if you predict a Special Attacker is switchin' in, and Confide on said switch, nukes like Chandelure become piddly bottle rockets. All Sableye fears if it runs Knock Off over Night Shade are Physical sweepers with a move for bolstering it's Attack/are Fire-type, or anythin' with Guts.
    Speaking of Sableye getting cool moves, in Smogon's new "STABmon" metagame, Sableye has access to Parting Shot, Destiny Bond, Topsy-Turvy, and Dark Void. <3
    Splash_King likes this.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Ads