While picking out games, I saw black/white2 and was tempted. Convince me to buy this. Pros, cons, and all that cal. Preferably the changes from 3rd gen to now.
Off the top'a my head...
- Battle mechanics are better in every way imaginable. Obviously that's mainly important t' just competitive battlin', but it's still valid. In Gen 3, a shitton of Pokes were practically useless because their movepools were shittastically shallow or they had a type that was physical but only had a good special attack stat (and vice verse). That's been fixed; movepools have been updated and the "Physical-Special" split makes it so a Poke like Gyarados or Sneasel is not longer SOL. In short, you'll be able t' use whatever Pokes ya want without 'em bein' mind-numbingly terrible.
- Gen 3 has trumpets. Too many trumpets. BW does not... but srsly, BW's soundtrack is pretty decent IMO. Haven't found many Poketunes as catch any the BW ones I like since Pokemon's retro days. Wouldn't say it's a major selling point, but 'ey, good VGM is good.
- Gen 3 has absolutely no form of Wi-Fi; Gen 4 'n onward lets ya trade 'n battle over them wondrous internets. Just imagine: I'll be there t' give you all the Magikarp ya want.
- Here's an obvious one: a gaggle of new species have been added since ya left the series. It'd be absurd if you couldn't find at least a box of new ones ya adore.
- Plot's way better. Still ain't no masterpiece, but BW far exceeds the boring dribble of old games. There're actual side-characters in the game that have personalities, rather than just the protagonist and the antagonist's gruntastic team of villains.
- XY is right around the corner, and it's gonna be far more of a fresher and improved experience than BW is. That's a guarantee. If you're not buyin' BW1/2 for really cheap (half price or less), save it for XY. Better t' buy 3DS games rather than 1DS games anyways.
- Better plotstuff doesn't apply to BW2, 'specially if you don't buy 'n play BW1.
- Pokegames are still easy. Once you remember how type match-ups go, unless your entire team is a bunch'a Patrat ya probably won't be challenged very much... not until the end/post-game.
- No Magikarp 'til the post-game.
Looking at the new formula, the denominator also seems to have gotten smaller, which should mean that you get more EXP than in previous gens.
Also, a few more pros:
- TMs don't break
- As of XY, running is now default, and you hold B to walk
- Player character customization. Not sure on the specifics, but it may allow you to remove the goggles, since you apparently dislike them.
- Better graphics. Obviously...
- TMs don't break
The game asks you if you want to spray another Repel each time one wears off.