LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worst Pokemon Game?

  1. #11
    ♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,668
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Eh, I thought the Ranger games were at least decent. Still, I didn't like them enough to bother purchasing the third one.

    I'd say Snap, some people I know really love that game, and I'll never understand why. I found it dull...it's fun for a while, but it gets old after a few hours. That's just me, though.

    I can't comment on PokePark, since I don't know anything about it. Mystery Dungeon, Conquest, Colosseum and XD were all good, though not amazing. Revolution at least had acceptable online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    That aside, Ruby and Sapphire. blehhhhhhhhhhhh hoenn




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

  2. #12
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,119
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    You know I speak truth. Even if dumb ol' Sableye 'n Sharpedo actually were of such high repute ya hold 'em in (they aren't ), they cannot make RS any less shittier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja1 View Post
    Like what?
    Many reasons. I'll start with minor ones; namely in regards t' game mechanics.

    Multiple small features introduced in GSC were outright removed in RS, for no apparent reason. One'a the most often complained 'bout would be day-night cycles bein' removed. Apricorns 'n headbutting trees disappeared. These're the most minor of issues I have with RS; but issues none the less. There's no need t' remove such things. Also, the text looked bloody horrible.

    Next, an issue many people have a problem with whether they know it or not: a complete lack of things t' do in the post-game. GS gave you good ol' Kanto t' explore once again. DP had the Fight Area 'n Stark Mountain, as well as small post-game things t' do all over. BW1 had half the continent still unexplored 'fore beating the Champion; which ya still actually have t' do. What did RS offer? ... Completing your dex. That's it. The "post-game" objective which has existed since RB. RS took away small things and added nothin' in return regarding actual content after the Champion was defeated. Utterly boring.

    Speakin' of content, this is where everythin' in the Pokemon series becomes notorious as bein' rinse and repeat. Get badges, disband the generic bad guy team(s), become a Champion. RS' "story" was palpably copy and paste. The same could be said for DP, but at least the Galactic goons had some amusin' lines...

    Now I'll whine over the 'mons themselves. Retired Pokefans have long since complained that new designs have been right-shit since Gen 3. That's a complete load'a nonsensical, biased bullshit, but said exaggerated opinion does have some legitimate roots. I've always felt that RB and GS had a very unique charm 'bout essentially every Poke's design, minus the usual suspects of Voltorb 'n friends. I felt that appeal almost-entirely vanished in RS. Even if the designs weren't shit (they certainly weren't), they lacked in somethin'. I can't put it into words in all honesty, but whatever it is, it's a problem. Furthermore, I don't feel the same for DP and 'specially not BW's pocket monsters. Gen 4 reversed whatever terrible thing Gen 3 might've done, whereas I felt BW's new Pokemon had taken yet another step in the right direction regardin' successful designs.

    Finally, quite possibly the biggest problem of all: RS was simply a disappointment. It took things away from GS, no longer had the charm the retro PokeRPGs had both in gameplay and 'mon design, was lacking in content compared to the past generation, and the only new thing brought to the table was sporadically encountered Double Battles, Abilities, and the start of minigame trends in the mainstay games (i.e. contests, musicals, etc.). The latter most addition isn't worth much merit. The former two enhance the depth of battling, but there's no difficulty in-game for that t' make things more enjoyable.

    That's the bottom line. Lacking in ingenuity, content, and possibly even the love Generations 1 'n 2 received during development, RS is a failure. Bad games? No. Bad in comparison to the other RPGs within the main series? Damn right. 'Specially GS. RS just couldn't stand stand up to the Pokegames that preceded it. Perhaps if Hoenn was Gold and Silver whereas the brilliance of Johto 'n Kanto in one game was the third Generation, my opinion would be different... but sadly that ain't the case.
    Ninja1 likes this.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  3. #13
    ♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,668
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    It seems to me that, aside from the minor things that were taken out, and the lack of post game material, RSE just didn't appeal to your personal tastes. Yeah, the formula didn't change that much, but that's a problem among the entire main series. And your lack of argument for the designs being worse makes me think that, once again, it's just taste. I find the RSE designs to have more charm then any other generation.




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

  4. #14
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,119
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quite. RS not only doesn't pertain t' my tastes, but they're also downright poor. It's the reason why I hate Generation 3 rather than simply dislike it.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #15
    ♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,668
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Don't get how a few problems makes it so poor in your opinion. Dislike it if you must, but I really don't see how it's at all deserving of hate.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 03-21-2013 at 07:44 PM.




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

  6. #16
    She-Hulk in Smash WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,067
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #17
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,119
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Don't get how a few problems makes it so poor in your opinion. Dislike it if you must, but I really don't see how it's at all deserving of hate.
    Because clearly that wall'a text, which ain't the half of it, describes only a small amount'a meager problems.

    I've stated my opinion, so back yours. Show me ya moves! counterargument. What's so great 'bout RS?

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  8. #18
    ♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,668
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I can't defend them being the best main series Pokemon games (...well, they have my favorite region and Pokemon, at least), but I just don't see how your logic justifies calling them a failure. Sure, they removed a few minor things. Sure, there was a lack of post game stuff. Besides that, you don't really say anything, aside from your personal dislike of the Pokemon. Yeah, they weren't a revolution to the Pokemon series. But how were DPP any better? There was the physical/special split, which was awesome, but that's about it. The online doesn't count, because that was a limitation the GameBoy had that the DS didn't.

    What are your other reasons for hating on RSE? Because the way I see it, you're being way too harsh with little reasoning. Here's the positives and negatives I see in the games.

    Positives (In my opinion):

    -Good region
    -Good Pokemon
    -Introduced abilities
    -Indroduced new villainous teams
    -Double battles
    -Introduced the Battle Frontier
    -Secret Bases (actually good ones, unlike Sinnoh. Consider them a minor detail if you will, I loved them >.>)

    Negatives:

    -Lack of post game material
    -The day/night system was removed
    -Lack of formula change (this doesn't defend your argument at all, since you're trying to defend Gen IV and V to an extent)
    -Trouble getting some past gen Pokemon (I didn't mind, myself)




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #19
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,119
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post

    Positives (In my opinion):

    -Good region
    As is every region... 'cept boring 'ol Kanto.
    -Good Pokemon
    As as introduced in every Generation.
    -Introduced abilities
    That goes in line with my pseudo-complaint of Double battles. Awesome as junk like the Physical/Special split 'n Abilities are, further complexity to battlin' doesn't truly make the game more enjoyable in the Single player. Since I'm bashin' RS over said Single player in specific, it's quite the valid complaint.
    -Indroduced new villainous teams
    ... As does every Generation.
    -Double battles
    Triple Battles.

    ... Both do nothin' t' help the Single player experience.

    -Introduced the Battle Frontier
    Emerald. I'm talkin' 'bout RS in specific. The Battle Frontier alone saves Emerald, truth be told.
    -Secret Bases (actually good ones, unlike Sinnoh. Consider them a minor detail if you will, I loved them >.>)
    secondkarp.jpeg
    ... But due to the limitations of ye olden handhelds, Secret Bases were the most minor of details since ya could never use 'em anywhere near to the surprisingly fun extent they were meant for. Which is horribly disappointin', ain't it? Point bein', a moot positive.


    Negatives:

    -Lack of post game material
    -The day/night system was removed
    -Lack of formula change (this doesn't defend your argument at all, since you're trying to defend Gen IV and V to an extent)
    I'm moreso tryin' to highlight RS' failures by comparin' to where future generations succeeded, but I s'pose it's still the same thing in practice.
    -Trouble getting some past gen Pokemon (I didn't mind, myself)
    I wouldn't call that a notable negative... hell, the way BW handled it, I'd say it was a positive in Gen 5.

    What are your other reasons for hating on RSE? Because the way I see it, you're being way too harsh with little reasoning.
    I've moaned over the mess that is RS so many times that I honestly can't give enough of a **** t' dig further into what causes my disdain for Gen 3... so I'll go out on the note of bias, 'cause that's clearly what all master debaters do. The last thing I'll say is that Gen 3 didn't feel right t' me. Plain 'n simple. Outside of my personal gripes, this is the real reason for my utter disregard for RS. I simply did not enjoy the games, for whatever reason(s) I can't explain via proper strings of meaningful words. Did my arguments have somethin' to do with it? Likely a good deal, yes. But somethin' 'bout Gen 3 just wasn't right. It felt like it was unpolished. Rushed. Lazy. Stale. No other mainstay Pokemon game I've played ever felt like that. Not even the spin-offs inspired such abysmal opinions 'n thoughts... and Guardian Signs was unbearably copypasta.

    There's a reason why so many people left the series with RS... and I can assure you that only half of it was everyone growin' up.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 03-21-2013 at 08:37 PM.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  10. #20
    ♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,668
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    There's a reason why so many people left the series with RS... and I can assure you that only half of it was everyone growin' up.
    Hmm. It's hard to pinpoint what people thought of it. I know some genwunners that think Gen III was the last great generation, and some that rank it as high as Gen I and II. Yet others just didn't care for it. I'm obviously in the Gen III supporting group....it feels like the borderline generation.




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Worst Wii Game You Have!
    By wiigeeky in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
  2. worst game ever
    By garagedad in forum Retro Consoles
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 12:15 PM
  3. Best/Worst game.
    By FRuMMaGe in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM
  4. worst wii game ever
    By trevorsantos in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
  5. Worst Game
    By Demon Slayer in forum Nintendo Gamecube
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 05:42 PM