Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomperful View Post
    Poochyena (Doge)
    o i c wut u did thar

Quote Originally Posted by Glomperful View Post
    ... fate smiled upon me and gave a Numel, one that, after I made sure with an engine, had 3 perfect IV's in Special Attack, Special Defence, and Speed.

That's cheating.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    "Made sure" meaning I used an engine to find out why my numel had such amazing stats... I would never cheat, and if using Serebii to do that was cheating, I'll release my it and catch another.
    Wins: Single/Scramble in Emerald (Hibari the Shiftry) No Item/Unevolved Nuzlocke in Emerald (RIP Yamamoto and Natsu) 2:39:56 Speed Run in FireRed

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ya mean an IV Calculator. That's fine.

"Engine" ain't really a term for any Poketools, but I thought it sounded like a generic term for RNG abuse tools, which most certainly ain't allowed.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah.. I couldn't think of the word off the top of my head so I used the first word that fit that came to mind. Sorry for any confusion lol.
    Wins: Single/Scramble in Emerald (Hibari the Shiftry) No Item/Unevolved Nuzlocke in Emerald (RIP Yamamoto and Natsu) 2:39:56 Speed Run in FireRed

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Pokemon Black 2 No Item/Scramble/Moveset Challenge, Update 1
    Spoiler Alert!
    Last edited by lucktown; 03-22-2014 at 03:13 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by lucktown View Post
    I finally got to catch a Zubat in the sewyers, which I called Karp, because it seems to be Splash's favourite Pokemon.
    bou0010 and lucktown like this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Unevolved pokemon suck in ways I didn't even know existed. I beat the Magma and Aqua hideouts, and then surfed to Mossdeep. I went and found myself a Spheal, which was exactly what I hoped for. I named him Haru. I grinded for a while and beat the seventh gym. Team Magma was trying to steal fuel for whatever BS reason but Steven and I stopped them. Dove down and stopped Team Aqua, but then the legend arise started fighting and everyone freaked out until I got that one green thing that flies and yelled at them until they stopped. Juan stood no chance against Jirou, who is level 76. (Yes I grinded them forever) I especially liked the bit where he used Rain Dance and I got free 100% shots at Thunder. Before entering Victory Road, I needed to pick up a sixth member of my team. After thinking for a while, I decided on Grim, only because he conveniently knew Poison Gas. I trained him up a bit until he was about on par with the rest of the team. Currently sitting in front of Victory Road, waiting for my next session to begin.
    Last edited by Glomperful; 03-21-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Update.
    Cleared victory road without much difficulty. Grinded the whole team into mid 80's and took on the elite four. I cannot tell you how low their stats still were. I got through Sydney without having to do too much, but Phoebe is the bane of my existence. Pressure and Grudge are one of the worst things that could happen in a no item challenge. Phoebe has 2 Dusclops and 2 Bannette. I have to go through the rest of the elite four without Haru's Blizzard. Fantastic. Grim and Natsu were the stars of the battle against Glacia. Grim's special defense was high enough to tank through most of her attacks, while whittling them down with Poison Gas and Sludge Bomb. Natsu just Flamethrower'd the Glalie. I had to play very carefully against Drake. I lead with Natsu, and killed off his Shelgon with multiple Earthquakes. Flygon was no problem for Haru, who took it down with a single Aurora Beam. Altaria is got off a single Dragon Dance before going down to 2 Aurora Beams. Kingdra was what scared me the most, and was of course the one that I accidentally switched in Natsu for. The poor guy was killed in a single Surf. (I couldn't switch out because I knew I needed the first hit) Jirou killed it with a critical hit Thunder. Salamance was nothing to Haru, who helped me take out my frustration at myself with a critical hit Aurora Beam to end the battle. The battle with Wallace was by far the most nerve racking battle in this entire run. I led with Jirou, who killed the Waillord in a single Thunder. The Whiscash that followed was taken out by 420 Blaze, with a graceful Petal Dance. I sent out Kojirou against his Ludicolo, who did me a solid by setting up Rain Dance for me. The guarantors that followed was no match for Jirou's Thunder, and neither was his Tentacruel, though if did get a Sludge Bomb off on Jirou. Even though he only had 67 hp and poison, I kept Jirou in for Milotic. After I finished praying to the RNG gods, I pressed Thunder and watch as it paralyzed Milotic with around a third health left. "Milotic is paralyzed! It can't move!" The RNG gods are real. Took it down with another Thunder to end my challenge, one turn before the poison would have killed him.
    Ending Team:
    Jirou level 86, Spark, Roar, Thunder, Bite
    Kojirou level 84, Aerial Ace, Fly, Double Team, Wing Attack
    Natsu (RIP) level 84, Flamethrower, Strength, Earthquake, Double Edge
    420 Blaze level 82, Petal Dance, Acid, Sleep Powder, Moonlight
    Haru level 83, Blizzard, Aurora Beam, Surf, Encore
    Grim level 82, Poison Gas, Sludge Bomb, Minimize, Disable
    Challenge Complete!
    RIP YAMAMOTO AND NATSU
    Last edited by Glomperful; 03-22-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Splash_King, bou0010 and lucktown like this.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Well done on completin' your first Combined Nuzlocke. Even level grinding is dangerous in a No Item/Unevolved/Nuzlocke, so you're certainly deservin' of said praise. Welcome to the Hall of Fame once moar.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    There is no way for me to get Sandlash with Sand-Attack unless I use a heartscale. The lowest level I can get is 19 and on 19 it just learned its 4th attack after Sand-Attack, so you have to replace that

Ads