1. Trading to obtain Pokemon is NOT allowed, unless the Pokemon in question is traded as an unhatched egg. These Pokemon may not be ones you can already obtain in the game you're playing, unless the species can only be caught incredibly
late in the game. For example, Durant in Black and White or Larvitar in Gold and Silver.
In-games trades are
allowed. Furthermore, trading to evolve a Pokemon is allowed. However, if the Pokemon also requires a hold item to evolve via trade, that item must be obtained in the game you're playing the Challenge and may NOT be traded in from another game.
2. All Challenges played on Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver end after you've collected your 16th badge. Defeating Red or the Elite Four a second time is unnecessary.
3. Players attempting Challenges on X and Y may NOT
use any and all O-powers. You may NOT
play a Challenge while connected to the internet, and must keep all wireless communications turned off.
4. Players attempting Challenges on X and Y may NOT
use Pokemon Amie.
5. For all Challenges wherein you use a team of two Pokemon or more, you may only use one of each species.
6. For all Challenges wherein you use a team of two Pokemon or more, you can't simultaneously use two Pokemon from the same evolutionary line. However, you may still use Pokemon that are a part of a split evolutionary line, such as using a Slowbro and Slowking or Jolteon and Glaceon.
7. Any Challenge you wish to start must be posted and formally accepted by Splash_King (myself) in order to be applicable in joining the Hall of Fame upon Challenge completion.
8. This is quite an obvious rule: cheating devices are in no way allowed. Usage of one will result in your Challenge being invalidated. You'll also be permanently expelled from the thread. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS
9. When playing through your Challenge, please periodically post in the thread with an update on your progress. These updates can be any post length from just a simple list
to spinning off a multitude of paragraphs
. Feel free to embellish your updates with whatever special text or wild and epic story-telling fashion you'd like.
10. You may catch any Pokemon for usage as an HM slave, regardless of any Challenge's rules. HM slaves may never
be brought into battle. The only exception to this rule is if you get into a Double/Triple Battle during a Single Challenge; however, an HM slave's turn must
be used to attack your Challenge's sole Pokemon. If an HM slave(s) are the last remaining Pokemon in your party, you must
let them faint.
11. To become a Champion, the following requirements must be met:
- Read the text-walls of rules. :P
- Complete every single Challenge type and enter each individual Hall of Fame, bar the Battle Tower Challenges.
- Complete three Combined Challenges total.
- Complete at least one Combined Challenge composed of three or more Challenge rulesets.
- Complete either two Combined Nuzlocke Challenges, or a single Combined Nuzlocke Challenge composed of two (or more) rulesets.
Note that Combined Nuzlocke Challenges do NOT
count towards either requirements concerning the typical Combined Challenges, unless
you have already filled the quota for the final requirement of completing Nuzlocke Challenges.
The following are not rules per say, but general guidelines regarding Shiny Pokemon.
You are allowed break any and every Challenge's rules in order to catch a Shiny Pokemon. Breaking rules to ensure catching a Shiny is wholly encouraged and will never
result in punishment.
If at any time you hatch a Shiny Pokemon egg traded from another game
, DO NOT SAVE BEFORE CHECKING IT'S SUMMARY!
There is a 50% chance it's status as a Shiny was generated from the breeder's ID, meaning it would not remain Shiny after it hatches. If your Shiny doesn't retain it's shininess on the summary, simply turn off your game and return this egg to the breeder for them to hatch, wherein they will return the Shiny to you. You may
use this Shiny in your Challenge, despite it not hatching on your game.
keep a small stock of Pokeballs on you. No one wants to miss catching a Shiny solely due to being ill prepared. This is especially true for rare Pokemon: for example, never enter battle against a legendary without a very large stock of quality Pokeballs.