Thread: The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129

The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Welcome to Wiichat's third rendition of the Official Pokemon Challenge Thread. This is a place where trainers take it upon themselves to attempt special Challenges of varying difficulty for any and all mainstay RPG Pokemon games, from Red and Green to X and Y! Said Challenges are all 'bout playing through the in-game story while applying various limitations to greatly increase the difficulty; and as a result, greatly increase the fun. One of Pokemon's few shortcomings is the lackluster difficulty, and the following Challenges are meant to alleviate this issue.

Those who complete any of the Challenges will be recorded into our 'Karptacular Hall of Fame, recognizing that player's skill, talent, and love of Pokemon for so long as this forum stands. If ya beat a "Combined" Challenge, the Challenges you simultaneously beat will be recognized all together under either the "Combined" Challenge or "Combined Nuzlocke" Hall of Fame.

One last thing! Any Challenger who can go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb, earning a spot in every single Hall of Fame, will be honored and inducted as one of the Challenge Thread's Champions: the truly ultimate goal. They'l also earn themselves a trophy from your's truly, paying tribute to their unrivaled dedication and skill... And with that said, go on and get to the Challenging! Strive for greatness, my fellow trainers. Your very own tale of grand adventure is about to unfold!

Credit to Neosquid for the thread's original concept, as well as various other Pokeforums for rules, information and further inspiration used to create these Challenges.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

General Rules
    READ BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY CHALLENGE

The following Rules apply to all Challenges, unless specified otherwise. You don't need to read this section until you've decided what Challenge you'll attempt, so feel free to ignore these for now.
    ----------

Spoiler Alert!

No Items Challenge
    Credit to Neosquid for the concept

Go through the game without using any items unnecessary for progressing through the story. What will YOU do without an infinite supply of Revives?
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Monotype Challenge

Go through the game using solely one type of Pokemon. You'll learn what it's like for poor ol' Brock and all those Squirtle and Bulbasaur he deals with...
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Scramble Challenge

Go through a game with a team picked by your fellow Challengers. The ultimate Pokegrab bag Challenge. The first six people to post Pokemon are the team you will use. Each poster may choose up to two Pokemon if the Challenger wishes to use a team of five or more Pokemon.
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Single Challenge

Go through a game using only a single Pokemon for battling. Battle Hall, anyone?
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Unevolved Challenge

Go through the game without evolving any of the Pokemon on your team. Emulate Ash and his stupid Pikachu.
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Moveset Challenge

You pick your team, but everyone else will pick these Pokemon's movesets. Pokegrab bag #2; makes for a fantastic "Combined Challenge" with Scramble!
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Speed Challenge

Complete the game in as little time as possible. A simple but wholly competitive Challenge for the speed runner in all of us.
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Combined Challenge

Combine two or more of any Challenge's rulesets for an even harder Challenge. i.e. Scramble and Monotype, Moveset and No Items, etc. Ramp up the difficulty, step up the fun.
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Battle Tower Combined Challenge
    Credit to Strype McClaine for the concept.

The only competitive battling Challenge, and without a doubt, incredibly difficult. This Challenge is done by combining another or multiple other Challenges' teams/rules, with trying to get as many Battle Tower wins as you can.
    ----------

Rules:

Spoiler Alert!

Combined Nuzlocke Challenge
    Credit to n0on3 for the concept.

Easily the most difficult, this Challenge is essentially a Nuzlocke Challenge, but with even more agonizing rules and limitations than the typical Nuzlocke playthrough. The real Challenge for anyone who wants to be the very best, like no one ever was...

... Best besides me, 'course.

If you've never done a Nuzlocke Challenge, it is highly recommend you do the standard fare Nuzlocke first by clicking here, before attempting this harder version. All five rules of the normal Nuzlocke (listed in the above link) apply to every Combined Challenge combination, unless noted otherwise.

----------

Spoiler Alert!
    Last edited by Splash_King; 05-18-2014 at 01:35 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

Harmonia-White Update

Spoiler Alert!

Finally experiencing the pain'a bein' unable to Revive in the heat of battle. Will-o-Wisp and back to back Revives could win any fight, but not in a Harmonia Challenge. Sometimes ya just run int' trainers you can't beat due to a team-wide type disadvantage... or bein' underleveled. It really puts ya in your place. Ain't done a Challenge that properly could 'til now, so I quite like that.

... Time t' abandon my Challenges again. Gonna play me some Pogeymanz X.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well, I'm back on the scene (to some peoples dismay). So, I just played the first of Pokemon X, and I was thinking "this is so easy, I should (Finally) complete a challenge for a game." And what do you know, a new challenge thread, I was thinking A scramble/Mono-color challenge using black, And, for the love of Arceus, Please let me use Mega Charizard X. What do ya say, anyone want to give me a second chance?
    Last edited by zach1325; 10-12-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    I'm Back, did ya miss me (you probably didn't miss me)

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    nice signature ya got thar

Welcome (back) t' the thread, Zach. Your Challenge is certainly accepted. Normally I'd be happy to give ya some Pokes, but I've seen only a fraction of the species Kalos contains... Can't go lookin' on Bulbapedia for a list'a all black-colored Pokes at the risk'a spoilers of new species, sorry t' say.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't mind waiting, I kinda wanna beat this run through first, But charmeleon and frogadier are super op, lol.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Everything is OP in-game. >_>

Gonna get me a MCharizard X myself; but said general XY discussion belongs here moreso.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Alright since Pokemon Y is a game that I actually enjoy to play at the moment I think I'll do a challenge... Unevolved/Nuzlocke should do I think I'll play through it a second time before I start it though

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My challenge was hasty, and frankly, I find it kind of stupid, I Want to do a monotype/scramble/moveset/most popular choice, challenge for pokemon x, I know I haven't been reliable in the past, but i plan to make up for it with the ultimate user choice challenge, heck, you can even choose my name and my gender, come at me Wiichat!

P.S, you guys choose the type also.
    Last edited by zach1325; 10-14-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Use a male character and name yourself "Darling". I think you know what nickname I'll suggest :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads