Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yoshi's Story

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    yoshis story for n64 was really cute. i enjoyed that game. i also played it for the gameboy advance. it was kind of doofy and slow esp when you made yoshi "glide" across plateus (you know that annoying grunt that he makes and he runs as he glides lol)

anyways, i thought it was a decent game at most.
    The gameboy advance version you mentioned was actually the original (Which was actually called SMW 2: Yoshi's Island). It was ported from the SNES to the Gameboy advance.
    You sound like you didn't play the original as much as Yoshi's Story for N64, but the original is way better, even if it seems slow and clunky at first, and Yoshi grunts while he flutter-jumps. Though Yoshi's Story did have a few cool features. I scored the secret Black and White Yoshis, they were awesome.
    The best in the series is the new one for DS. One of my top 3 side-scrollers for sure.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Yoshis story was okay. I'm kinda pissed about it cause i let my friend borrow MK64 if i could borrow Yoshi and he never gave Mario Kart back.

WiiChat Member Wii_want_to_play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yoshi's story was a fantastic platforming gem but sadly it was too easy and underated

Member #
    Friends
    It deserved it's underratedness.

Member #
    Friends
    4811-4181-0155-4693
    I never got to play it but I wouldn't mind checking it out. If it does come to VC maybe I'll give it a look.

Member #
    Friends
    1872-0112-0366-1607
    i liked the game but ive got it on n64 so if its on VC i wont get it.
    the music was pretty sweet. if it comes on VC i think it would be some time though

light blue yoshi was my favourite as im sure everyone would love to know

Wii- 1872 0112 0366 1607
    Mario Kart FC- 365-156-590-311
    name- Marty
    add me

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, the music was good. I liked that one reggae-sounding song. I've noticed Yoshi's Island DS has music more similar to Yoshi's Story than Yoshi's Island.
    Another significant thing about Yoshi's Story is that it was the first game to give Yoshi a voice, and he's had the same voice on every game since. This includes the Yoshi's Island GBA port.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Am I the only one that really loved this game?

True, games that are usually set out to be '2D' don't offer that much of a chellenge. But it really made you think at times, as well as being adorable. My family enjoyed the game and we'd just always try and get the highest on the score board, my mum went mad searching for all those blasted watermelons.

It's really worth it, I know there's other games on the 64 I think I just totally wasted my money on; like Glover. But, anyway, I think it's hard to find, 64 games go on eBay for a lot. I don't know if that will increase Nintendo's need to put it on VC or not, depends how they work. I can't get ahold of Conker's Bad Fur Day. They best had get that to me in any way, shape or form.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    0990-1391-2473-1732
    I purchased right now a nintendo 64 for $35 bucks Also I placed a bid for the game... I want to get it as my girlfriend with love it. And I do not want to wait whenever for the VC
    Pokemon FC 5240 8584 1640 Name: Fer
    My wife (Ana) is a berry master. I have tons of each berry (1-64). PM

Wi-Fi Wins 212 Loses 18 Draws 2 Random PBR Wins: 188 Loses: 4
    Overall amount of sent eggs: 463

Paste this in you signature if you discourage the act of asking, in posts and signatures, for reputation. Adding reputation should be done purely on the reputation giver's initiative, without prompting from the receivee.

Member #
    Friends
    1539-2976-3624-9140
    Sorry guys but SMW2:Yoshi's Island was horrible....I cannot see why so many people cherish that game(an actually consider it a Mario game?).After the greatness that is SMW I was highly dissapointed. Yoshi's Story was great,no Mario,I do love Mario but having to protect that little baby was really stupid and annoying(I would have just eaten him in the first place if I could). Yoshi's Story actually helped me through a really bad time in my life so I will always hold it in a high place in my heart,besides,it is genuinely a very fun game with great atmosphere and music. I hope it come to the VC,even though I already have it on my non-virtual N64.

Ads