LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reminisage

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive, which I got when I was about 6. I was a big fan of the series back then, the music, level design, graphics and gameplay were all superb. The combined Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the best, I remember spending ages completing the game with every character.

The best Mega Drive game I played was Zombies Ate My Neighbours (which was just called Zombies in this country). I would spend many hours in my room playing that game.

Also, although it's not particularly old I should mention Final Fantasy VII. The first time I played it it blew me away, I never realised video games could be so expansive and deep. Of course now I'm older I've found better RPGs (Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy VI, etc.) but my first experience of an RPG still sticks with me.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends

mm i dont remember well..

i remember mario for the super nintendo,the ducks and other games for the atari,then pokemon stadium, mario kart,golden eye,paper mario and others for the 64,and pokemon mystery dungeon, firered,emerald,pokemon diamond,chocobo tales,yoshi s island,megaman,castlevania,for ds,gears of war (once)and i wanna try viva pinata!!!! soon
    WoOoOoO

Maniac Mansion Rules!! kevinl1981's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I remember playing Pitfall for Atari, Super Mario Brother for NES as well as Popeye and Kid Icarus. Super Mario Land for Gameboy, Super Mario RPG. The list could go on and on...

Proud owner of:
    Wii console
    2 Wiimotes/Nunchucks
    1 Classic Contoller
    Guitar Hero 3, Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Kid Icarus (VC), Super Mario Bros 2 (VC), SMB Lost Levels (VC), Super Mario World (VC)

Member #
    Friends
    mario rpg = ownz
    Wii Gameses: LoZ: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports
    VC: LoZ: A Link to the Past, Sonic the Hedgehog

A Wu from the North... LordArchantos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5670-7814-3130-4784
    The first game I played was Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge on C64 that I got for christmas when I was 3 years old. And 1987 came System 3's The Last Ninja and then it's two sequels, all of which I still play through quite regularly. I'd say they're the games that turned me into a "hardcore" gamer. I mainly used the C64 to learn basic programming before I got the first Last Ninja.

Then came NES with Mario, Zelda and Punch-Out etc.. And SNES had a huge amount of games that stuck in my memory forever, like Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV etc..

Mario Strikers Charged FC: 176 194 713 193
    Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 Persona: Lord A

Member #
    Friends
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    Very first game that I remember playing was Super Mario Land on GB, which came in a pack of 101 games in one cartridge. Ah the memories...

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HprUfHk5ik[/MEDIA]
    What music too.

Member #
    Friends

haha that game is tight, pretty wicked music too

ill have to try it out sometime
    Wii Gameses: LoZ: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports
    VC: LoZ: A Link to the Past, Sonic the Hedgehog

Proud Owner Of A Wii Matt's_A_Bluebird's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7591-7050-1749-1437
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive, which I got when I was about 6. I was a big fan of the series back then, the music, level design, graphics and gameplay were all superb. The combined Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the best, I remember spending ages completing the game with every character.

The best Mega Drive game I played was Zombies Ate My Neighbours (which was just called Zombies in this country). I would spend many hours in my room playing that game.

Also, although it's not particularly old I should mention Final Fantasy VII. The first time I played it it blew me away, I never realised video games could be so expansive and deep. Of course now I'm older I've found better RPGs (Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy VI, etc.) but my first experience of an RPG still sticks with me.
    Wow were both from Cardiff and we both played Sonic first! Where in Cardiff are you from?
    Last edited by Matt's_A_Bluebird; 06-09-2007 at 04:42 PM.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death... I can assure them it is much more serious than that."

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I remember playing Frogger on my moms mini arcade, Super Mario 3, Earthworm Jim for Sega the most. My first handheld was indeed the Gb, then I got a Gb Color, I got out of handhelds for a while and bought a N64. Then the Xbox, then Gamecube, Sega Game Gear, Ds lite, Wii...Soon to get a PS3 or 360...I'm going to wait out so I can see what kind of games sony are developing.

Ads