Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SNES and hdtv's

Where is your savior now? Lost Savior's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

SNES and hdtv's

As some people might know, I just re-bought a snes (snes 2 to be exact). It's hooked up to my Samsung LNS3241D 32" LCD HDTV via composite cords (YRW). When I boot up any game, I have this 1" green line running vertically off center to the left. It only appears when there's a dark background and goes away when colors are introduced in the line.

I'm thinking an S-video cord might solve the problem, maybe. Anyone else run into a similar problem? (by the way, my snes vc games work great with the tv.)
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    It might be a simple compatablity problem

It happends with a few of my older consoles
    Try as I might I still cant get my 50" to display a picture with my Atari Jaguar

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Makes me nervous about what I have to look forward to with my 92" display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm just waiting for the S-video to come in the mail soon. I seriously hope it fixes it. It's not too big of a problem, but I'm very uptight about this kind of stuff...
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    It depends where you are
    I havent had any probs runin things thorw SCART
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Makes me nervous about what I have to look forward to with my 92" display.
    Me steelin it
    *Looks at location*
    By helicopter

Nar as long as you dont run things throw the bog standerd airel sockit you shoud be fine

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Me steelin it
    *Looks at location*
    By helicopter
    Heh, nothing to steal yet. I'm still working out the technical details. Probably within a week or two though I'll start ordering everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Okay, here's a problem that I just found out (after I bought the cables of course):

The snes 2 does not in fact support S-video. So now I need an original snes. Going shopping on ebay yet again!

Edit: Just bought this:

for only 50$!!!

Another Edit:

Just an update:

I received my SNES and hooked up my s-video cable to it. The green line is gone. I still can't believe that nintendo didn't add this feature to the mini SNES. I also received DKC, FF:MQ, FF2, and FF3. All for under 60$ total. Yeah, I'm pretty happy!
    Last edited by Lost Savior; 03-24-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Ads