LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    nobody has seemed to mention the dreamcast... ah well, not really surprised.

10 reasons the dreamcast was awesome [in no particular order]

1) power stone series
    2) jet grind radio
    3) PSO
    4) samba de amigo
    5) awesome VMUs
    6) Soul calibur
    7) Ikaruga
    8) Skies of Arcadia
    9) Shenmue
    10) Capcom Vs snk / Marvel Vs capcom 2

the wii will probably be one of the best new ideas for a system in recent time, causing a pardigm shift, but since it's new, and not a lot of AAA titles released for it, it hasent earned my "ITZ TEH BEST SYSTEM EVAR!!!11" award.

edit: to reply to the both of you two speaking of the gamecube, you guys missed somthing. the gamecube was probably one of the most successful systems of last gen. think i'm lying? lemme explain:

Most consoles now a days are made at a loss [which means they are sold for less money than they cost to make], which means they are pretty much burning a hole in the pocket of the people who made them until a lot of games are sold.

for example, [take these statistics with a mild grain of salt, i'm doing them off the top of my head and oversimplifying], last i heard a regular blu-ray player costs about $1000. the ps3 is selling at around $600. that's selling the console at ~$400 loss.

back on topic, the ps2/xbox were both sold at a loss, where as the gamecube wasent.

since nintendo did not lose one cent on anything they made, i have a sneaking suspicion that even though they were rank #3 in the war, they probably made the most profit.

and for the record: the reason i bought my wii as soon as i could [waited outside for it] was so i could use it as a gamecube now, and as a wii later when a couple more games come out for it
    Last edited by Monogatari; 05-15-2007 at 02:15 AM.
    物語は心の中で続いている。~天使(ネオ)~

The egg givaway is offically >>OPEN<< Note: I do not care what pokemon you give me,
    but i really want berries attached. the rarer, the better. thanks!

Name: *Inori*
    FC: 0473 - 4271 - 8369

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3529-3597-6053-6688
    SNES
    PS2
    GBA
    N64
    neo geo

=]
    IM CHARGIN MAH LASERZ!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Intersesting angle, Monogatari. Nice post, makes me think of Nintendo as being less losers than I thought with the Gamecube and N64.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Oh, for me, hands down on the NES and N64. NES was the system that started it for Nintendo and had many sucessful games like Duckhunt and the first games in the Super Mario Series. Same with the N64, great games and more possibilities. Some great N64 games:

Automobili Lamborghini
    Super Mario 64
    Star Fox 64
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7 fatalorgasm92's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3157-7038-9234-4590
    Quote Originally Posted by Monogatari
    nobody has seemed to mention the dreamcast... ah well, not really surprised.

10 reasons the dreamcast was awesome [in no particular order]

1) power stone series
    2) jet grind radio
    3) PSO
    4) samba de amigo
    5) awesome VMUs
    6) Soul calibur
    7) Ikaruga
    8) Skies of Arcadia
    9) Shenmue
    10) Capcom Vs snk / Marvel Vs capcom 2

the wii will probably be one of the best new ideas for a system in recent time, causing a pardigm shift, but since it's new, and not a lot of AAA titles released for it, it hasent earned my "ITZ TEH BEST SYSTEM EVAR!!!11" award.

edit: to reply to the both of you two speaking of the gamecube, you guys missed somthing. the gamecube was probably one of the most successful systems of last gen. think i'm lying? lemme explain:

Most consoles now a days are made at a loss [which means they are sold for less money than they cost to make], which means they are pretty much burning a hole in the pocket of the people who made them until a lot of games are sold.

for example, [take these statistics with a mild grain of salt, i'm doing them off the top of my head and oversimplifying], last i heard a regular blu-ray player costs about $1000. the ps3 is selling at around $600. that's selling the console at ~$400 loss.

back on topic, the ps2/xbox were both sold at a loss, where as the gamecube wasent.

since nintendo did not lose one cent on anything they made, i have a sneaking suspicion that even though they were rank #3 in the war, they probably made the most profit.

and for the record: the reason i bought my wii as soon as i could [waited outside for it] was so i could use it as a gamecube now, and as a wii later when a couple more games come out for it
    Nice to hear somebody say dreamcast, but i just wanted to correct you the Drive itself isnt 1000 so they prolly dont lose 400 on PS3s. And PS2 has Made ALOT of profit over 120 Mil consoles sold. Anyways Nice somebody is backing the Cube and ya man Dreamcast is awesome. I hope they make a Shenmue on Wii!!

What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."-Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    7235-4625-7908-8208
    n64 cant beat the classics
    accept wii can
    WII IS BEST

Ads