LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2772-8936-1314-9979
    In terms of combos and more in depth fighting gameplay, such as from Street Fighter, Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, I would have to agree that Smash may seem to be a chaotic, button mashing, no strategy involved game but that is far from the truth.

There's a lot of strategy inside of Smash that people that don't know how to play the game just can't see. I myself play as Jigglypuff and if I were to randomly mash buttons I would DEFINATELY never be able to land a KO on anyone. Landing a rest one-on-one is probably one of the most difficult things to do in the game. I've seen a crazy Falco player knock a character into the air and spike him off the stage so fluently that it made my jaw drop. He proceeded to do that to every one else and won the game with all his lives in tact.

All I'm saying is, don't judge a game you haven't played from watching your children play it or whatever.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    You guys who say that you don't like SSB really don't make good reasons as to why you never play it, 'It's so boring'...Ok, how about why? And basically the same? No it isn't it's changed dramatically from when it was on the N64, new game modes and characters, challenges and all! Brawl is also going to be more of a full game, rather than just hitting all those other guys, and girls. Also, you listed DoA as one of your preferences as to SSB...Why? All you do is bash up eachother in that?

P.S The people who I used as examples or quotes from when writing this, do not think that I'm picking on you as I know there are many others that said likewise.
    In bed by eight...home by eleven

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    It is a hella stategic game. My old combo. Falcon punch if dodge then falcon kick if dogde prepare to dodge incomoming attack grab from behind smash em into ground prepare falcon punch at percise time. POW!!! Capt. Falcon is teh best!! Be creative!! Make a style that suits you. Think of your own combos instead of just following the ones there for you!!!

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    i agree... i think people that don't play the game alot don't realize that its so creative as to your own style. i love playing with people that have practice with one character alot, i have done that with Samus, its fun to play with people that actually have a style. I think thats why people don't like it cause no one a style at first. opposed to say street fighter each character has his or her own style

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont
    i agree... i think people that don't play the game alot don't realize that its so creative as to your own style. i love playing with people that have practice with one character alot, i have done that with Samus, its fun to play with people that actually have a style. I think thats why people don't like it cause no one a style at first. opposed to say street fighter each character has his or her own style
    It takes a while, but you can really pull off weird stuff with some characters.
    Rest is a good example.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757

yo

I'm not here to flame on brawl. I think it is a very advertising game using charcters from all sorts of nintendo games. It doesn't tickle my fancy at all. I tried Melee last year and was interested in it for about 5 minutes. I see it as more of a mini game. But look how good SSB sells. In my opinion, it is only part of a series of backbones for Nintendo, Zelda being the best.

Member #
    Friends
    God I love these forums people get so obsessed aginst people who have different opinions here. I never said anything was deeper than smash bros I said I prefer games like SC, DOA, Tekken, VF, and so on. Thats its a preference I don't care about the characters in brawl I see no point of having both daisy and peach slug it out with mario and luigi. I don't like pokemon never have. Also I'm not such a hardcore nintendo fan that I instantly recognize character like Roy, Ness, and Marth. And definetely don't care about filler charcters like Mr Game-N-Watch. I played enough of melee to unlock most of the characters for my kids and then never played it again mainly because it does not appeal to me.

I prefer the graphics of traditional fighters instead of what I call platform fighters. Plus I like where many traditional fighter are going these days with customizable looks and even in some games such as MK a character creator. I grew up playing through the 2-d fighter era and those will always be my favorite style games but as the 3d- fighter became dominent I learned to enjoy all the nuances of such game such timing, counters, reversals, and move combinations. But what I would love to see more than anything else is more original fighting games such as Bushido Blade from the ps1 both 3d fighters and smash brothers have been cloned by so mnay knock off similiar titles I'm honestly kind of sick of both.
    Mii since 8 February 2007

31 Games Owned:
    Too many to type up anymore.

Member #
    Friends
    0945-5092-8073-0906
    And definetely don't care about filler charcters like Mr Game-N-Watch.
    Gasp. One of the most original and oldest video game characters ever. Take that back.
    Proud Wii owner since 12:01am on release.
    Games~ Wii Play, Wii Sports, MS Anthology, LoZ:TW, DBZGT2, Wario Ware, Sonic, SSX Blur, Excite Truck, Super Swing, Mario Strikers Charged (305049 512888)
    VC~ Donkey Kong, Mario, Mario Bros., Bomberman, Golden Axe
    Since i definately plan on buying Brawl (Hoo-Rah) you should add my friend code and then PM me.

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Hey if thats what you think, im pretty sure a few of us could except your opinion, if you think other fighters are better than SSB Series then thats your opinion, but its not True, not even close to a fact!

TO: Haywire

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    yea true. u cant just press one or 2 buttons to win. u cant mash either. u cant go crazy at all or youll die. u gotta use every button and thats a fact. u have to be calm and know wat ur doing. u gotta have some type of strategy or combo or plan to win. its more strategic than some people think
    i couldnt have said it better myself. button mashing dosent take skill, smash bros does. this coming from a HUGE fan of streetfighter and capcom vs sereis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads