+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    yeah, it plugs in like the Nunchuck... it's just on the rear of the classic controller there is some latching things and I havn't found anything they latch to.
    Its so that when you plug in the classic controler, you can wrap the cord around the wii remote and latch the wii remote onto the classic, instead of the wii remote just chillen down by your feet and whatnot. I dont have a classic, but I am 95% sure this is what it is for because I saw a picture one time and thought it was ridiculous.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    you know wat, even people that have never played smash bros or didnt get in to it will since you can use 3 types of controllers. that means theres 3 types of gaming experiences and people can chose which one they like the most. melee only had 1 option, since the cube only had one controller. same with the 64 one. Everyone should love this game.

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    Yes (Classic Controller Plugs into Wii Remote), semi-wireless if you ask me. Kinda like the nunchuk but you don't move it around so the wires don't get in the way. It's very comfortable but like I said, it need a grip attachment to be complete. Any harcore fighting game enthusiast would agree with me.

I still think the PS2 controller is the best controller made for fighting games, second would be the Classic SNES then coming in close third would be the Classic Controller on the Wii...

The Xbox S and Dreamcast controller is alright for fighting games but the D-Pad is way stiff. The PS2 D-Pad are seperate buttons, some may think it's not good for fighting games by looking at it but it's really responsive and pulling moves like a Uppercut or two quater circles forward is done with ease...

That comes down to the Classic SNES controller which is like the Dreamcast and Wii Classic Controller D-Pad, but has a soft rubbery feel to them which makes them very resposive and easy to pull off super moves and combos.

And now the Classic Controller on the Wii, the D-Pad is almost the same as the Classic SNES controller except it's hard plastic/rubber and slightly bigger compared to the SNES one. So in theory just by feel, I can tell it's very good for fighting games even though I don't have fighting game that requires the D-Pad yet (Guilty Gear will use it)...

Here's are grip, sorta:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/767/767342p1.html

Just look at the grips and not the Wii remote attachment, after this something similar will come out just for the Classic Controller...

Did someone say PS2???
    Last edited by Nemix; 05-31-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    GameCube, Classic controller, and the Wiimote sideways, if they are options.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    ur not going to be able to use the wiimote sideways cause u need the nunchuck too. unless you have someone else hold the nunchuck for you lol

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    GameCube, Classic controller, and the Wiimote sideways, if they are options.

Sorry but the Wii Remote sideway would be an awkward feel for playing Brawl, not to metion that the D-Pad is way too small and the
    reaching for the other action button would be a chore...

Kinda of reminds me of Super Paper Mario, biggest reason I gave up (don't know why they didn't put in a Classic Contrller option for the game)...

If anthing it's gonna be the Wii Remote plus Nunchuk attachment...
    Last edited by Nemix; 05-31-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    GC controller. I doubt we'll be able to use the Wiimote.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    no, itll definantely use the wiimote. like levesqueisking said in the other thread, brawl is still a wii game, so it has to use the wiimote. it wouldnt be fair if someone didnt have a gamecube or classic controller. they could buy brawl and not even get to play it right away if it didnt use the wiimote. thats pretty much proof itll use the wiimote

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Its so that when you plug in the classic controler, you can wrap the cord around the wii remote and latch the wii remote onto the classic, instead of the wii remote just chillen down by your feet and whatnot. I dont have a classic, but I am 95% sure this is what it is for because I saw a picture one time and thought it was ridiculous.
    <Tries it>

While you can put the wii strap in there, there is no way to loop it through so that only one of the latches is latching it. And not very securely at that. Also it just dangles straight down. I'm gonna be honest while I don't think that's its purpose, it is the best suggestion yet.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Taills
    GC controller. I doubt we'll be able to use the Wiimote.

I agree and disagree.

Yes Gamecube controller would be perfect for the game, same goes for the Classic Controller. But I think it's safe to say Nintendo is gonna use Brawl just like the Virtual Console to promote sales on the Classic Controller...

It's gonna go something like this, Classic Controller plays great for Brawl and is equally as great for Virtual Console games (made for Virtual Console games..LOL). My opinion is there's gonna be 3 controller schemes ala Mortal Kombat Armegeddon. But I don't think Nintendo is gonna premote GC controllers cause it's end of production life, so for those who own GC controller or lucky enough to grab a Wavebird via Ebay then it's an added bonus.

And lastly, they're gonna make the Wii Remote and Nunchuk combo work. So for people who do not own a GC or Classic controller don't have to run out and but a new controller (but will have to put up with awkward and hard controller learning curve). But of course if you're a true fighting game fan or Super Smash Bros fan, you already know that you'll probably run out and find a GC controller or buy a Classic Controller...

Just a second take...
    Last edited by Nemix; 05-31-2007 at 03:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Ads