LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90
  1. #31
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    19493
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Posts
    1,774
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ^Hardly true. Many skills will carry over to Brawl. Some may change and some may be introduced, but the better you know melee the better you'll know Brawl.
    That is exactly what i said on the last page.....if they keep the controls the same as melee...then yes....you'll just as good on Brawl as you were on melee
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

    My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:



  2. Ads


  3. #32
    Senior Member Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,391
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Brawl will not be the same as Melee. Slight changes will mean different things to different people.
    Brawl can not be used to assess skill in Melee.


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


  4. #33
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    19493
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Posts
    1,774
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Brawl will not be the same as Melee. Slight changes will mean different things to different people.
    Brawl can not be used to assess skill in Melee.
    Well as long as it has the same controls which it does....i have no problem with it

    They did with SSB, i learned the controls quick on SSBM

    So if i learn the controls from SSBM (which i already know) it will be the same as SSBB....
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

    My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:



  5. #34
    CUSTOM LeWaffles's Avatar
    Member #
    30754
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Around Chicago
    Posts
    1,026
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    character moves may be changed or downgraded or you may change characters all together. Imao i think the first smash and Melee were very different. Aside to the graphics, Melee had toned down the power of throws, and certain characters like kirby were down-graded.

    formerly known as wii-fi

  6. #35
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    Well as long as it has the same controls which it does....i have no problem with it

    They did with SSB, i learned the controls quick on SSBM

    So if i learn the controls from SSBM (which i already know) it will be the same as SSBB....
    really? cause me changed a lot

    a) fox was my main in ssb, but not in ssbm
    b) i never lost a single match in ssb(that i can recall) and i've lost plenty in melee


    however i think melee will be closer to brawl than it was the original ssb, and if shoko is THAT GOOD in ssbm, he must have SOME skill in ssbb


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  7. #36
    Senior Member Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,391
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Exactly. No one uses Melee to compare original smash skills. Many little things (that actually mean a lot) will change that might only be noticed by the more competitive players.
    Example: Marth's range, Samus's crouch cancel, etc..
    Also, the only person who said Shoko was good, was Shoko. You guys really shouldn't over-estimate just anyone who claims to be amazing. You'll find most great smashers are actually quite modest, and don't brag.
    I dare anyone to go on smashboards and tell everyone that your the best.
    Last edited by Prez; 09-29-2007 at 09:54 PM.


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


  8. #37
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    19493
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Posts
    1,774
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    really? cause me changed a lot

    a) fox was my main in ssb, but not in ssbm
    b) i never lost a single match in ssb(that i can recall) and i've lost plenty in melee


    however i think melee will be closer to brawl than it was the original ssb, and if shoko is THAT GOOD in ssbm, he must have SOME skill in ssbb
    YOU used Fox too in SSB....you and me have something in common....i dont think i remember loosing either!

    When Melee came out, the only thing that was different to me was charging the smash attack or you could just do it SSB way, by just using the c-stick to do a regular smash attack.....special moves such as Right B and Left B was nothing i couldnt adapt to, it was just like SSB....just tacked on with more buttons!

    SSBB cant be any different....if so, we wouldnt be able to use the "GameCube Controller" now would we? Theres a reason they said we could play with the GameCube controller right....

    They even said it at the dojo of Smashbros.com......so actually me, LIK and Mushroomed are right.....nothing really changed Prez....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Exactly. No one uses Melee to compare original smash skills. Many little things (that actually mean a lot) will change that might only be noticed by the more competitive players.
    Example: Marth's range, Samus's crouch cancel, etc..
    Also, the only person who said Shoko was good, was Shoko. You guys Some of you guys really shouldn't over-estimate just anyone who claims to be amazing. You'll find most great smashers are actually quite modest, and don't brag.
    I dare anyone to go on smashboards and tell everyone that your the best.
    Hold on.....i never said he was good...like i said before..i booked a match with him to see how good he is!
    Last edited by CyanRussel; 09-29-2007 at 09:59 PM.
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

    My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:



  9. #38
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    20794
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,870
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    1. I agree that specific skills will not carry over, however, general knowledge of the game will surely benefit someone playing Brawl for the first time.
    2. Shoko is a topic that interests many of us, not because he claims to be good, because he claims that he has never lost a match in melee.
    3. Lawl'd at the SB comment.

    Not to fit a mold,

    Not to join a trend,

    Not to follow a crowd


  10. #39
    Senior Member Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,391
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    YOU used Fox too in SSB....you and me have something in common....i dont think i remember loosing either!

    When Melee came out, the only thing that was different to me was charging the smash attack or you could just do it SSB way, by just using the c-stick to do a regular smash attack.....special moves such as Right B and Left B was nothing i couldnt adapt to, it was just like SSB....just tacked on with more buttons!

    SSBB cant be any different....if so, we wouldnt be able to use the "GameCube Controller" now would we? Theres a reason they said we could play with the GameCube controller right....

    They even said it at the dojo of Smashbros.com......so actually me, LIK and Mushroomed are right.....nothing really changed Prez....
    You can not know what will change and what will not yet.
    An immense amount of things were changed in ssb-ssbm, regardless of whether you noticed them or not.
    Gameplay will be similar, yes. But not exactly the same. Like stated above, one tiny, little change can affect someone's entire gameplay/strategy.


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


  11. #40
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    19493
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Posts
    1,774
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    You can not know what will change and what will not yet.
    An immense amount of things were changed in ssb-ssbm, regardless of whether you noticed them or not.
    Gameplay will be similar, yes. But not exactly the same. Like stated above, one tiny, little change can affect someone's entire gameplay/strategy.
    Ummm, lol.....You did notice i was talking about the controls not the gameplay right?
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

    My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:



+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

advanced skills super smash bros braw
,
how to be better at ssbm
,

how to be good at ssbm

,
how to get better at ssbm
,
how to get better at ssbm jumping with stick
,
how to get good at melee
,
how to own at ssbm
,
how to practice lag cancelling melee
,
how to practice ssbm ats
,
ssbm idaho
,
ssbm is it ok to short hop with control stick
,
ssbm rexburg idaho
Click on a term to search for related topics.