Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    Ummm, lol.....You did notice i was talking about the controls not the gameplay right?
    but gameplay and controls are interwined with each other, plus the footstool jump, that's a difference to the controls itself....

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Ummm, lol.....You did notice i was talking about the controls not the gameplay right?
    Yes but regardless of the controls being the same, it's the changes in the gameplay that are actually going to make the difference.
    It is good that the controls are similar but we really don't know if that is going to mean anything yet.

but gameplay and controls are interwined with each other, plus the footstool jump, that's a difference to the controls itself....
    Right, and i'm sure that there are a lot more new techniques like that to come.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    Thats easy...all you got to do his jump on top of that other character when coming back.....(press y or x on the GC controller...bam a footstool jump, they've already said how to do it on the site)

Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Yes but regardless of the controls being the same, it's the changes in the gameplay that are actually going to make the difference.
    It is good that the controls are similar but we really don't know if that is going to mean anything yet.
    You know what, your right on the part where you said we "dont know if the controls on SSBB are going to mean anything yet"

But yet, we still know that it will be the same.......i mean, why change the controls of what made the game great?
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Thats easy...all you got to do his jump on top of that other character when coming back.....(press y or x on the GC controller...bam a footstool jump, they've already said how to do it on the site)

You know what, your right on the part where you said we "dont know if the controls on SSBB are going to mean anything yet"

But yet, we still know that it will be the same.......i mean, why change the controls of what made the game great?

mario's move sets(both a and b) are different, so that might change my skill/i might have to switch mains again...

my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^They already announced that you could assign any action to any button, in the names update.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    mario's move sets(both a and b) are different, so that might change my skill/i might have to switch mains again...
    I dont use mario.....i use Fox

@ LIK

Im turning my controls to the original controls of melee
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    I agree on that. It would be moronic to change the controls too much. What I was trying to get at is the fact that even though the controls should remain the same, it's what the controls are doing that counts.
    They could make Link run 2.4% slower in Brawl and it would drastically change gameplay from Melee.
    They could make Luigi have a little more friction this time, and it would make a huge difference from Melee.
    They could make Marth's range 1.5% smaller and all of the sudden the mass amount of Marth pros will find themselves useless.
    They could make Fox's up+b slightly shorter, like Falco's, and people would stop using him.

That is what I mean by tiny changes. Any tiny thing counts. And I think we can assume that there will be many little things such as these, being altered..

But obviously, I may be a little out of place here. And I apologize for that. I know that not everyone plays on the same level and most of you guys are just in it for the fun. You guys could probably care less about the technical aspects.
    Last edited by Prez; 09-29-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    I dont use mario.....i use Fox

@ LIK

Im turning my controls to the original controls of melee

yeah but if they changed mario's....how do you know they won't change fox's.....

i mean maybe his b-sideways move is a wand now.....

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    I agree on that. It would be moronic to change the controls too much. What I was trying to get at is the fact that even though the controls should remain the same, it's what the controls are doing that counts.
    They could make Link run 2.4% slower in Brawl and it would drastically change gameplay from Melee.
    They could make Luigi have a little more friction this time, and it would make a huge difference from Melee.
    They could make Marth's range 1.5% smaller and all of the sudden the mass amount of Marth pros will find themselves useless.
    They could make Fox's up+b slightly shorter, like Falco's, and people would stop using him.

That is what I mean by tiny changes. Any tiny thing counts. And I think we can assume that there will be many little things such as these, being altered..

But obviously, I may be a little out of place here. And I apologize for that. I know that not everyone plays on the same level and most of you guys are just in it for the fun.
    Ohhhh, now i see what your saying....but i have to say, your wrong about Fox's Up+b move.....have you seen the trailer of him using it....its longer than the one on Melee!!

(Plus to add to Fox Up+b moves, its hurts alot more, on melee when he charged up fire would hit the opponent close enough to it, but on SSBB, when the fox is charging up, it not only burns you up from the charging point, when fox finishes charging and flys up to the air, people get combo all the way up in flames)
    Last edited by CyanRussel; 09-29-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Ohhhh, now i see what your saying....but i have to say, your wrong about Fox's Up+b move.....have you seen the trailer of him using it....its longer than the one on Melee!!
    I was kind of just making up examples. I know those changes won't happen exactly how i stated. But you got my point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads