LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Ok thank you ^_^ If you want, I can do the music and/or stage history lessons and PM them to you so you can cover all the previous updates and just do each of the new updates...

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6760-4137-2833-7556
    Sorry for the lack of updates.. it may seem like nothing's going on, but I've been making small changes here and there. For starters, I have uploaded all images to a single server so they're still be there in case the original websites are lost. Second, I've been creating screen shots for each game's title screen to add to each update.

I've recently added an entry for today's update. Yoshi's final smash may seem strange to some, but I can assure you, it makes perfect sense. I couldn't find images on the web, so I played through the first 10 minutes of the game to obtain these shots.

--Yoshi

Yoshi made his video game debut in the SNES launch title Super Mario World, originally released in Japan on November 21, 1990, and later released in the United States on August 13, 1991. In this sequel to the NES best-seller, Super Mario Bros. 3, Princess Peach is vacationing in Yoshi Island with her favorite plumbers when King Bowser arrives to stir up trouble. Not only has he kidnapped the princess for the third time, Bowser has stolen the Yoshi eggs from the island. It is up to Mario and Luigi with the help of newcomer Yoshi save the missing eggs and rescue Princess Peach.

Yoshi's appearance was so well received that he went on to appear in his own series of games from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island to puzzle game Yoshi's Cookie. Yoshi even seemed to go backwards in time when he appeared on the NES console in Yoshi's Egg. While it may seem that Yoshi made his debut here, Yoshi's egg was not released until December 1991, a full year after the release of Super Mario World. Yoshi went on to appear in the starting line-up of compilation games including Super Mario Kart and the original Super Smash Bros.

Super Dragon

Yoshi's Final Smash stems from his abilities in Super Mario World. Depending on which colored shell Yoshi eats, he will temporarily obtain a new skill. These skills are outlined in the Super Mario World instruction manual, pictured below:

After eating a red shell, Yoshi gains the ability to breathe fire:

After eating a blue shell, Yoshi gains the ability to fly:

Though not confirmed in Brawl, Yoshi gains a third ability after eating a yellow shell. As seen in the manual, he gains the ability to create small sand clouds, knocking out enemies in his proximity.

References:
    http://www.wikipedia.org
    Special thanks to S.S. for the scan from Super Mario World manual
    Last edited by naisatoh; 09-10-2007 at 12:27 AM.

vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    i forgot one more......yoshi can get his wings by hitting a coin box that has wings in it...
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

Member #
    Friends
    6760-4137-2833-7556
    Updated Music section..

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    great job so far!
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Very nice. Thanks for the detailed pieces of information.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Looking awesome Nai! A couple things though.

The first game Yoshi appeared in was actually the NES puzzle game "Yoshi." In this game, Pirahna Plants, Goombas, Boos, and Bloopers would fall like Tetris and you'd have to stack them. Tops and bottoms to Yoshi eggs would also fall and you'd have to try to complete an egg to get a baby Yoshi and more points. It can be downloaded on the VC for 500 points.

Here's a scan from the Super Mario World instruction manual in case there is any confusion as to how Yoshi got those powers...

And is there any chance of you updating the music section with the Animal Crossing music (Go K.K. Rider!)? I haven't had a chance to play Animal Crossing and would love to see the history behind the music...it sounds great!

Spoiler Alert!

Meta-Knight's # 1 Fan SSBBFan101's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8246-2463-9009-5471
    i want to get the ds version, cause ive heard its so dang fun wi-fi!

Thanks idjut for the sig.
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Of what? Animal Crossing? Is it the DS version that K.K. Rider is from? Hm...anyways, stay on topic please.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6760-4137-2833-7556
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S.
    Looking awesome Nai! A couple things though.

The first game Yoshi appeared in was actually the NES puzzle game "Yoshi." In this game, Pirahna Plants, Goombas, Boos, and Bloopers would fall like Tetris and you'd have to stack them. Tops and bottoms to Yoshi eggs would also fall and you'd have to try to complete an egg to get a baby Yoshi and more points. It can be downloaded on the VC for 500 points.

Here's a scan from the Super Mario World instruction manual in case there is any confusion as to how Yoshi got those powers...

And is there any chance of you updating the music section with the Animal Crossing music (Go K.K. Rider!)? I haven't had a chance to play Animal Crossing and would love to see the history behind the music...it sounds great!
    Yoshi's debut might be confusing for some, but Yoshi (also known as Yoshi's Egg) was released for the NES after Super Mario World was released for the SNES. Super Mario World was released November 21, 1990 in Japan, while Yoshi was released December 14 1991. Nintendo actually went on to release a more games for the NES until 1995 when it was officially discontinued.

Also, thanks so much for the scan from the instruction manual, I will add it to original post.

Finally, as soon as I find the original song for K.K. Rider, I will put it up. I haven't played Animal Crossing so it'll be harder to find if I don't know where to look.

Ads