Super Smash Bros. Brawl correct and incorrect predictions REVIVED!
Hello, yours truly will be demonstarting how my predictions are or are not correct (true or untrue) while announcements are made as time passes and Brawl comes out:
1.The implementation of the Wiiremote/Nunchuck, Classic controller and Gamecube controller: CORRECT
2. The controls for the Wiiremote and Nunchuck:
Z button: shielding CORRECT, while in the air and forward, up ,down or backwards: dashing
C button: grabbing, while in the air secondary kick, Longshot for Link, Grapple Beam for Samus, Tongue for Yoshi for recovering on the ledge INCORRECT. drop items
Control Stick: Moving your character, running, crouching, crawling, jumping. CORRECT
Nunchuck motion controls: tackling move. CLOSE BUT INCORRECT
A button: Smash attacks up down, left opr right, while in the air also, throwing items. CORRECT
B button: special moves, up down , left or right, while in the air also CORRECT
1 and 2 buttons: tranformations INCORRECT
Plus button: pause the game, camera motion controlled, zoom in and out Z and A buttons. partially CORRECT
D-pad down: jump, left or right: taunting CORRECT
Wiimote motion controls: Final smash attack, aiming guns while moving. INCORRECT
3. (by Axtlar on 09/08/07) since Mario's down B move is now his water pump, Luigi's will be his vaccuum.
1. The Day and Night shift while playing in stages: CORRECT
2. The implementation of having different unique costumes for each character a la Soul Calibur 2, INSTEAD of having different colors like in Super Smash Bros. Melee(with the exception of Jigglypuff, Pichu and Pikachu with their corresponding, hats, bandannas, bows, etc. example: Mario could be chosen without his cap, with sunglasses and Hawaiian shirt, and even with his water pump(without affecting gameplay) Link would have his Magic Armor, his Zora Armor and his Hero Tunic from Twilight Princess, Luigi could have his vaccuum cleaner just on his back, Wario could have his original yellow and purple clothes, Zelda her cape, Samus with no helmet, etc.: somewhat CORRECT
3. The fighting in water, submerged, but swimming instead of standing, leading to new movesets for each character. TBA partially CORRECT
4. Having useless Pokémon, have strong and powerful attacks when being in their own turfs, example: Goldeen when in the water. TBA
5. The rotation of stages, example: when playing on a stage similar to Rainbow Cruise because it moves forward, you see i the background a corridor that leads straight up, then the camera slowly switches the angle so that that corridor now looks two-dimensional and now you are fighting inside the corridor, it would make for a more 3-D feel. TBA
6.Yoshi (and other characters each with their corresponding abilities)would use his tongue to stick into the ledge just like Link and Samus with their corresponding gadgets. CORRECT
7. (By Axtlar on 08/22/07) new addition to the team battles: interactivity and communication between two characters, like Donkey throwing Diddy at an enemy, Zelda and Link riding a horse while slashing and firing arrows, Mario and Luigi throwing fireballs in a spinning tornado, etc.
8.(By Mingus on 09/13/07) there will be a co-op mode for the Subspace Emissary in the game. CORRECT
9.(By LevesqueIsKing on 10/06/07) Clones will not be in Brawl, however, additional costumes will. Not only will these additional costumes change your characters appearance, but they will also change a select few of that character's attacks, one of which being their FSA. For example: Dr. Mario will be an additional costume for Mario, however, rather than just having different clothes, he will also throw pills rather than fireballs and will have his own unique FSA. This will allow there to be many more playable characters in Brawl and will make your character unique, rather than always fighting the same ones over and over.
1.The introduction of the following character, as bosses, playable or as items:
4)King K. Rool
5)King Dedede CORRECT
6)Doshin the Giant
7)Balloon Fight CORRECT
8)Animal Crossing boy OR girl OR boy and girl couple (just like the Ice Climbers) they will fight with their fishing rods, axes, shovels etc.
10)Bounty Hunters from Metroid Prime series
13)Diddy Kong CORRECT
18)Jodie Summers(or some toher F-Zero woman)
20)Machamp or another fighting Pokémon
22)Woman from Fire Emblem(Lyndis) CORRECT
23)A robot from Custom Robo(Ray 01)
29)Captain Olimar CORRECT
2. (By Andrewguy on 08/31/07) there will be between 40 and 60 characters in the game. sonic will be in as a playable character CORRECT. the master hand will return but with some new twist.
3. (By cyanRussel on 08/22/07) Boo will be an Assist Trophy
4. (By Wario2ooo on 08/22/07) assist character: little warios from warioware: smooth move, possible newcomer: waluigi. the koopa kids from super mario world as assist characters.
5. (By Lloyd_Yayo on 6/18/07) Mach Rider will be in Brawl as a playable charcter, as well as Diddy Kong and Ridley will not because of size issues, pissing Lloyd off.
6. (By Shoko on 6/17-18/07)ridley will not be a playable character, but he will be in brawl.
(By Levesqueisking and Supparoy on 6/18/07) Ridley won't be playable if he's in the game.
8. (ByXwiimasturX on 6/15/07)Ridley will not be in Brawl nor will Lucas from Earthbound 3. #2/2(latter)INCORRECT
9. (By Shoko on 6/12/07) there will be 45+ characters in brawl. we will be able to download any other new charcter sakurai chooses to add in too. TBA
10. (By Shoko on 6/12/07) theyre gonna have more than 38 charcters in the first place,even if its 39 characters, brawl will have around 40, 45 or more chars in it. TBA
11. (By LevesqueIsking on 09/13/07) Falco, Krystal and Wolf being playable in Brawl and Slippy and Peppy being assist trophies/FSA's.
12. (By andrewguy on 09/15/07) Waluigi and Daisy will be unlockables.
14. (By Hyper on 10/15/07) Bomberman will be in
15. (By Mysims on 10/15/07) Pacman and Bomberman will be in.
16. (By St. Shinra on 10/16/07) Soma Cruz will be in the game and Shadow and Knuckles will be unlockables.
17. (By Wiifan123 on 10/19/07) There will be another Wario Ware character playable in the game.
18. (By Fire Flower on 10/19/07) There will be more Newcomers than Veteran fighters in the game.
19. (By Dark Cloud on 10/21/07) Miis as Assist Trophies. once the AT is grabbed, a random mii from your Wii's system memory/Mii Channel/wherever the heck they're kept in there (lol) appears and fights with basic punches and kicks, using either a golf club, tennis racket, or boxing glove, for smash attacks.
20. (By Takeela on 10/24/07) Midna will be in the game.
21. (By Chase&Fred on 10/25/07) Bowser Jr. will be a character in the game.
22. (By JT. on 10/26/07) I predict Falco will return, but with a new move set.
23. (By Wiifan123 on 10/26/07) I predict they dumped Ness for Lucas. INCORRECT
24. (By JLUS51396 on 10/31/07) The bird from the Ice Climbers fight from there original game will be an AT in the game.
Pac-man is the third 3rd party character in the game.
25. (By Monogatari on11/03/07) Fierce Diety Link as a playable character/trophy/honorable mention.
26. (By SSBB_Lover on 11/04/07) Skullkid will be included in the game (if I have to specify further than that, tell me).
Miis WON'T be playable characters.
At least one more Metroid representative will make an appearance.
27. (By Mushroomedmario on 11/18/07) both tails(from sonic series) and raiden(mg series) will both be playable
28. (Samxcor 11/22/07) I predict knuckles will be playable, and/or a "villain" in sonic's subspace mode.
29. (Shoko 01/12/08) I predict that a Golden Sun character will be in Brawl.
30. Monsteroids 01/12/08) I predict Neku the dude in my sig coming to a DS exclusive will be in Brawl for no reason
FINAL SMASH ATTACKS
1. (By Marioman on 8/17/07)the pokemon trainer's fsa will have something to do with him bringing in three legendary pokemon (or one)INCORRECT
2. (By Cyanrussel on 09/13/07) Fox's FSA as his Team-Mates on their Arwings shooting the whole field, but Fox will not withstand any damage. INCORRECT
3.(By Axtlar on 09/13/07) Fox's FSA will be invoking the Landmaster tank to shoot everyone in its path. CORRECT
4.Sonic's FSA will be transforming into Super Saiyan Sonic CORRECT
5. (By Takeela on 10/24/07) Midna's will be recovering her helmet pieces and transforming into that monster.
6. (By Balrogs.Pain on 11/23/07) I predict that certain items or FSA's will allow holes in the ground.
1. (By Brawler24 on 8/17/07) there will be 50+ stages including 5+ third party stages.
2. (By BW! on 9/10/07) There will be a Luigi's Mansion stage.
3. (by samXcor3 on 10/15/07) green hill zone stage will be available
4.(By LevesqueIsKing on 11/03/07) there will be 3 seperate stage-select screens. In Melee the screen was very cramped, however, by splitting the screens into categories of Small, Medium and Large, this will no longer be a problem. The stage select screen shown at E4All was the small stage screen, and therefore was only a third of the available stages.
1. (by Monsteroids on 09/08/07) Implementation of Havok engine in Brawl.
2. (By LevesqueIsking on 8/17/07) Not only will stickers be obtainable during a regular battle, but each profile will collect their OWN set of stickers, rather then only one collection per game disk. Also, you will be able to trade stickers (online and offline) and even compete in stickers battles (online and offline) in which the winner chooses a sticker to steal from their losing opponent.
3. (By Prince726 on 6/20/07)the camera mode will be on all the time so when you pause the game u could take a picture CORRECT..there will be an online ranking system and brawler of the day.
4. (By LevesqueIsking on 09/09/07) The CPU level system will change in one of two ways: (1) The level meter will go higher than 9 or (2) the level meter will stay at the classic 9, but the difference between two levels will be increased. Therefore, a level (x) in Brawl will be much better then a level (x) in melee.
5. (By Demonflair on 6/13/07) Brawl will keep the trophies feature from Melee. We will need to win trophies to unlock certain things in the game. CORRECT
6. (by samXcor3 on 10/15/07) Sonic's shoes will be items.
7. (By Marioman on 10/16/07) There will be Event Matches like in Melee only they'll be online this time. not online but CORRECT
8. (By LevesqueIsKing on 10/30/07) Players will be able to bet coins before a match. CORRECT This function will be usable both online (with friends) and offline (between profiles), and the winning player will recieve the coins that the losing player bet.
WI-FI AND WIICONNECT24 FEATURES
1. Online capabilities for playing against rivals from afar: CORRECT
2. For downloading and unlocking different costumes for the personal liking: TBA
3. (By imdead on 09/08/07) Downloadable characters like the master hand and petey.
5. (By Cyanrussel on 09/29/07) there will be 4on4 tag-team battles online.
6. (by samXcor3 on 10/15/07) there will be Headset support
7 (by samXcor3 on 10/15/07) NO friend codes, or a simplified means of online.
8. (By FWELER on 10/22/07) Target Test records will be tradable online.
9. (By Manufan15 on 10/26/07) There will be 2 vs 2 online battles.CORRECT
10. (By SamXcor3 on 11/16/07) coins will be used to purchase characters that were clones in the last game (pichu/dr mario/etc)
11. (By Mushroomedmario on11/18/07) there will not be any down loadable content that the team would work on after the release(i.e. you could dl stages from the stage builder, but not characters)
1. (By Marioman on 09/13/07)brawl WILL outsell halo 3 on the initial release
2. The game will be released before November. INCORRECT
3. (By SamXcor on 10/25/07) brawl will be bundled with a headset.
1. The return of features like the unique entrances each character had in the first Smash game, example: Link would come to the stage from a beam of light coming from the sky, Capitán Halcón would come in his F-Zero ship, and Wario in his Motorcycle, etc. CORRECT
2. The character select music from the first Smash game will return. TBA
3. The incorporation of more than 4 players playing in the same room using the same TV and Wii, thanks to 4 Classic Controllers(or Gamecube controllers) and 4 Wiiremotes/Nunchucks.
4. (By samXcor3 on 10/18/07) the blurred image on the screen with the snapshots will be a way to post your images on some online database so others can see them. like an online public smash pics photo album. INCORRECT
5. (By Cyanrussel on 10/120/07) There will be a wireless keyboard for taunting in this game.
6. (By SamXcor on 10/25/07) i predict you will be able to draw levels in DS pictochat and be able to upload them to brawl for use in the pictochat stage.
7. (By Samxcor on 11/22/07) some items from galaxy will be items in brawl, namely an ice flower to shoot a wave of ice and freeze people when hit enough.
JLU51396 Predictions(yeah he's that special)
1. One more pokemon character will be in Brawl.
2. Pokemon balls will collectible just like trophies and there collected by at least using them once in any match or mode.
3. Coins can also be used for buying trophies and stickers by possibly using the lottery or some other way of getting them random.
4. On the stage builder you will be able to select a picture from your SD card and set it as the background for the stage.
5. As dark link is one links costumes, metal sonic will be one of sonics costumes
1. Allstar mode will return but be a little different.
2. There will be mini-games such as chess with SB characters and other mini-games that also use Wi-Fi.
3. Sonics rival Dr. Robotnik will be an AT, as will Tales.
4. The game will also keep stats of character such as highest jump, most combo's, most smash balls used in the game, total amount of damage percentage you've taken throughout the whole game, ect.
5. Ash from the pokemon series will be an AT that throws out an assortment of pokemon from his collection.
6. At the end of the old SB games you could shoot the credits, this will also return in brawl.
(All the above predictions that have no name beside them were made on 6/10/07)
This list will continue to grow as I remember predictions I had..if you have predictions and would like to see them here to prove your friends that you were right and they were wrong, let me know by either sending me a pm or posting it here in this thread, and your name will appear next to the prediction, thanks.