I say fake. Those are the same images of characters from Melee.
50 Characters? I doubt it.
On further analysis, I think it's definately fake.
1. There's Captain Falcon, yet there's no Peach. Surely even if they were to do this so that they don't spoil any new characters, they would not do Falcon and do Peach (as she has been announced, but Falcon has not been announced to return yet).
2. They usually come up with new pictures, rather than using already released renders.
3. There's no markers. The past two games have used token like markers to signify which character you will be.
4. The 1p, 2p, 3p, 4p are overlapped with the characters images. More like photoshop than what would happen.
5. Layout and design seems too similar to Melee.
I know these may sound inconsequential, but I think they add up to this being fake. Bearing in mind, that if you wanted people to think it were real, you'd take a photo from your TV. Chances are, I doubt a standard Phillips TV set like that would be what they would use to test stuff out on.