LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yeah this was a dumb point mingus. its not gonna happen.
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    There's plenty of games that would be targeted before brawl.

OPTION TWO LOVES YOU.
    GO TO MYSPACE MUSIC AND SEARCH OPTION TWO TO RETURN THE FAVOR.

Member #
    Friends
    Considerably more games are far worst. You were missing the point about the issue relating to our overly Bureacratic society, which was the main point to my statement. I was making the relation between the problem and SSBB because something so small and insignifacant as that video or scene in the game could cause problems with certain women. There lies the true meaning behind my thread. I mean, think about just recently, some man ordered a sandwhich from McDonalds with the works as he said. He got sick because he was allergic to the cheese and sued. He never once requested no cheese on the sandwhich or said anything about being allergic to it. But yet he tried to sue them. He justified it by logic I don't even understand. Someone could do the same thing here or with any other game.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I completely understand what you are talking about, I just think that, until (if it even does) it happens, it should just be left and not thought about. Some people may think that you're saying it could be sexist, when I know you're not. So I think that this should just be left until some bitch actually tries to get Brawl banned for being sexist, like the woman moaning about Resi Evil 5 being racist.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    Considerably more games are far worst. You were missing the point about the issue relating to our overly Bureacratic society, which was the main point to my statement. I was making the relation between the problem and SSBB because something so small and insignifacant as that video or scene in the game could cause problems with certain women. There lies the true meaning behind my thread. I mean, think about just recently, some man ordered a sandwhich from McDonalds with the works as he said. He got sick because he was allergic to the cheese and sued. He never once requested no cheese on the sandwhich or said anything about being allergic to it. But yet he tried to sue them. He justified it by logic I don't even understand. Someone could do the same thing here or with any other game.
    Well then maybe "Smash Bros Brawl Sexist?" isn't exactly the title you should go with for the thread. If you're just using the game as an example then state that in your post as opposed to including it in the title, which makes people think it's the one and only game you're talking about.

OPTION TWO LOVES YOU.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    I completely understand what you are talking about, I just think that, until (if it even does) it happens, it should just be left and not thought about. Some people may think that you're saying it could be sexist, when I know you're not.
    Actually, the impression I got was that everyone understood what he was saying, but he just didn't get the biiger factor. Until someone complains, you cannot counter-complain.

So I think that this should just be left until some bitch actually tries to get Brawl banned for being sexist, like the woman moaning about Resi Evil 5 being racist.
    Right... Cos if you've got a problem with something, and you're female, you're obviously a bitch... /sarcasm.

If a feminist came up with something that nobody else initially saw wrong, wouldn't it be more intelligent to actually hear what she would say before countering it? Otherwise you just come off as an ignorant mysogenist.

Also, I think it's not a good idea to compare this to Resident Evil 5, due to the fact that we already know about many of the things in this game, including any countering factors such as Samus, being very capable, independent and a brilliant example of a strong woman. Also, factor in that Zelda isn't exactly "harmless" and that whilst she needs to be resuced in some games, she also fights along side you. She is therefore far from the "innocent, incompetent girl" that you may be able to read into with Princess Peach.

And to be fair, we're talking about a hypothetical problem and aggression with a concept not based in reality, rather than an already existing, and ultimately denied complaint (the response was in effect denied, and she was called a lot of things that quite frankly shouldn't have been said).

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Actually, the impression I got was that everyone understood what he was saying, but he just didn't get the biiger factor. Until someone complains, you cannot counter-complain.

Right... Cos if you've got a problem with something, and you're female, you're obviously a bitch... /sarcasm.

If a feminist came up with something that nobody else initially saw wrong, wouldn't it be more intelligent to actually hear what she would say before countering it? Otherwise you just come off as an ignorant mysogenist.

Also, I think it's not a good idea to compare this to Resident Evil 5, due to the fact that we already know about many of the things in this game, including any countering factors such as Samus, being very capable, independent and a brilliant example of a strong woman. Also, factor in that Zelda isn't exactly "harmless" and that whilst she needs to be resuced in some games, she also fights along side you. She is therefore far from the "innocent, incompetent girl" that you may be able to read into with Princess Peach.

And to be fair, we're talking about a hypothetical problem and aggression with a concept not based in reality, rather than an already existing, and ultimately denied complaint (the response was in effect denied, and she was called a lot of things that quite frankly shouldn't have been said).
    I couldnt agree more.

Look at the differences between smash bro's and resident evil.

A princess getting kidnapped by a giant piranha plant and then a plumber has to save her, or it could be vice versa, smash bros will have story mode for different charecters. What history is behind that? other then the stereotyped princess being kidnapped.

But resident evil could be understood, an American soldier, in Africa, killing the people. Wih the history of slavery and human rights and such you can see a reasoning behind the outburst, it may not be 100% thought through, but you can see why she said it.

Member #
    Friends
    ahhhh i see where your coming from Mingus and i apologize. but i wont lie, i dont see any relation with Brawl and being sexist so i dont see anything of the sort happening.
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    I agree with Squall7

He knows lots of good big words.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    The thing is, yes, there are people who nit-pick and look for every little thing to complain about but if someone were to be looking for a glaring example of sexism in gaming they would overlook brawl and target something else first. Also, if their argument was games presenting women as helpless there would be so much evidence to counter it that their point would instantly become moot. This is all besides the fact that the "save the princess" formula for stories has been around for ages and if someone were to really bring up their problems with it now and try to use SSBB as an example, their argument would be discredited quickly.

OPTION TWO LOVES YOU.

Ads