LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 679
  1. #11
    Wiichat member Wreked's Avatar
    Member #
    33253
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    317
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    There will be an awkwardness to the matter. Think about mario grabbing this huge character. Ridley is 4 times the size of Samus. that would be dumb. And ridley shrunk down would be even more stupid.

    Sorry couldn't hear you speak a little louder next time.

    @Byuakuya, JCpacker05, Zeldaforlife, size and boss is the weakest arguement against him. Here this may help you understand my point of view. I should put these on the first post.

    'He would be a boss.'
    Ofcourse he should be. That is what he always has been. Does this mean he should be unplayable? No way! Bowser and Ganondorf have also been bosses, but they are playable in Melee. (Ridley is often considered the 'Bowser and Ganondorf' for Metroid) The recently confirmed boss, Petey Piranha, is not important to the Mario series. He's popular yes, but not important. Meta-Ridley, the huge cybernetic Dragon of Metroid Prime would make a great boss, in fact. He could stay his huge size. And attack in the same method. Dropping bombs for players to catch and throw back at him. Once grounded, he would use his dash attack to try and knock away players. That is when you dodge, and attack him during Meta-Ridley's lag. If you don't cause enough damage, look out for his plasma beam! It could be quite intense! 'Classic' Ridley however, could also be an earlier 'boss' that you must fight and defeat. He would be like a normal playable character, though. (Although probably made heavier to make him more difficult) Only later will he return as the monstrous Meta-Ridley boss. You may notice 'Boss Fight' in the title of Ridley's theme. This is only the name of the song used in the games, the 'Boss Fight' there to show Ridley's boss status in his games.


    'He would look awkward.'
    Ridley is large and lanky, yes. But, that is just how Ridley is. It's part of his character. He could still be made to fight in the world of Smash quite easily. Donkey Kong has a huge head and long, large arms, but small legs in comparison. Kirby and Jigglypuff have tiny, stubby arms and huge feet tacked on their round bodies. Yet, all of these examples have proven Smash-worthy, have they not? He may look a little different from your average human-shaped fighter, but give him a chance.

    'He's too big.'
    Ridley's size is hardly an argument. Smash is meant to bring fan-favorite Nintendo (mostly) characters into playable fighting form. As long as a moveset can be created for them then they are Smash-capable. Ridley size would not interfere with this. Bowser is a good example, as he has been much larger than Ridley ever has been in some games, but in other games (even Smash) he has been downsized to fit whatever role he is given. Ridley's role has always been as a boss. (an important one, at that) It's only natural for him to be large and imposing for this role. Ridley's role in Smash? To fight ofcourse! So he would be easily downsized so he could do so with the rest of the Nintendo all-stars.

    @AndThen As for the ground thing, he will most likely float kinda like mewtwo but he will be flapping his wings the whole time.

    @ Rhinos I know i'll ignore him. See above for boss arguement.

    Hey guess what mushroomed mario, save you for last.


    Oo big scary guy with a lot of posts and rep. I don't care if I make enemies. If that's how I have to get my point across, so be it. I won't let, as Rhinos says, a prick like you get in my way. I am not a 'noob'. A noob is not about their post count, it's their ideas, their lack of knowledge. So you have no business to call me a noob because i'm new to THIS forum. So when am I worhy of getting to use failed. When I am an ******* like you. And I have a question, do you want Waluigi in Brawl?
    Last edited by Wreked; 09-04-2007 at 01:43 PM.

  2. #12
    ...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    12349
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    649
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    mushroomed_mario, I'm going with Wreked on that one. You can't just look at his post count and "discriminate" him.

    Anyway, Wreked--Wow. Quite the argument there. Down to the speed percentages. The only reason I couldn't see Ridley in Brawl...is his "personality". When I play with every other character, I feel like that character. If I'm Link, I feel heroic and skilled, when I'm Bowser, I feel powerful and dangerous. When I imagine playing as Snake, I feel stealthy and tactical. When I look at Ridley, and I imagine myself playing as him...I can't. I feel like Ridley is a thoughtless boss-- and that's it. I know you made a counter-argument for him being a boss, but I'm saying something else. Like, when I played Metroid games, I felt like he was just an obstacle, and I had to figure out how to beat him. I didn't think of him as a character; just an obstacle. That's the only reason I couldn't see him in Brawl. Otherwise, great argument. We'll have to wait and see.

  3. #13
    Wiichat member Wreked's Avatar
    Member #
    33253
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    317
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by My god the Wii owns...
    mushroomed_mario, I'm going with Wreked on that one. You can't just look at his post count and "discriminate" him.

    Anyway, Wreked--Wow. Quite the argument there. Down to the speed percentages. The only reason I couldn't see Ridley in Brawl...is his "personality". When I play with every other character, I feel like that character. If I'm Link, I feel heroic and skilled, when I'm Bowser, I feel powerful and dangerous. When I imagine playing as Snake, I feel stealthy and tactical. When I look at Ridley, and I imagine myself playing as him...I can't. I feel like Ridley is a thoughtless boss-- and that's it. I know you made a counter-argument for him being a boss, but I'm saying something else. Like, when I played Metroid games, I felt like he was just an obstacle, and I had to figure out how to beat him. I didn't think of him as a character; just an obstacle. That's the only reason I couldn't see him in Brawl. Otherwise, great argument. We'll have to wait and see.
    I can see where you're going on this. I won't flame you for it because I in a sense feel that way too. I think it comes from never really playing Ridley first hand. We always play AGAINST him, not with him. So the being able to control him may have something to do with it. But I will hopefully feel when I get to play as him in Brawl, I will feel speed, power, recovery, and all around greatness with him. That's my worst nightmare though, that they may make Ridley suck.

  4. #14
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    hey he started the shit..and i was 90% asleep when i said that, i usually don't care about shit like that...as for the previous post, why would you flame him anyways, even if his arguement was weak, and i was discriminating him because he used the word failed when i was just making a valid point, and he dismissed it in a quite immature fassion

    plus i was saying he had a chance to get in, sure i might not want ridley in ssbb but if he's in it, i won't mind that much

    "he should just be a boss"
    i odn't believe this, like andross he could be an assist trophy, allthough i wouldn't mind that much if he was a playable character

    "he would look awkward"
    this is correct, think of an average character, let's just go with mario...DK and jigglypuff is way more closer to mario than ridley could ever be, no matter how much sakurai remakes him, he would set a way higher level of lankyness than any of the other characters, plus he would be a big character..with low percentages and speed.....just dosn't fit in, small characters=fast and weak
    big characters=slow yet strong

    "too big"

    e's big in the metroid games, copmare him to samus in the metoid games, samus is one of the tallest people in ssbm, in order for him to be in there he would have to be slightly taller than samus, which just wouldn't fit in..


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  5. #15
    Wiichat member Wreked's Avatar
    Member #
    33253
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    317
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    hey he started the shit..and i was 90% asleep when i said that, i usually don't care about shit like that...as for the previous post, why would you flame him anyways, even if his arguement was weak, and i was discriminating him because he used the word failed when i was just making a valid point, and he dismissed it in a quite immature fassion

    plus i was saying he had a chance to get in, sure i might not want ridley in ssbb but if he's in it, i won't mind that much

    "he should just be a boss"
    i odn't believe this, like andross he could be an assist trophy, allthough i wouldn't mind that much if he was a playable character

    "he would look awkward"
    this is correct, think of an average character, let's just go with mario...DK and jigglypuff is way more closer to mario than ridley could ever be, no matter how much sakurai remakes him, he would set a way higher level of lankyness than any of the other characters, plus he would be a big character..with low percentages and speed.....just dosn't fit in, small characters=fast and weak
    big characters=slow yet strong

    "too big"

    e's big in the metroid games, copmare him to samus in the metoid games, samus is one of the tallest people in ssbm, in order for him to be in there he would have to be slightly taller than samus, which just wouldn't fit in..
    In any of you're posts I FAILED to see that you said that you think Ridley has a chance of being in as a PC.

    Boss- Ridley as multiple forms so his Meta form could be a boss. His metal form could be an AT. His original form could be a PC.

    Akward-"too big" "resize" Ridley could easily be resized. Look at the first pic in the first post. He's just above Samus's height. Now look at the many sizes of Bowser. Remember him in 64. He was about I don't know 10x mario's size. Sunshine, well I don't remember but I think he was pretty big. Now look at him. He got resized. So could Ridley.

  6. #16
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    with the inclusion of charizard i could see ridley being a playable character, i however don't think he should belong for a couple of reasons, the first is that he's not a playable character in any game, second just way to damn lankey/awkward....idn i would prefer him to be a boss or assist tropy
    but bowser gets resized in every game he's in..

    anyways im' opening my eyes to how he would be a decent playable character in ssb, still would prefer him to be a boss or something cause that's how i always viewed him(like the poster a few posts above this stated)


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  7. #17
    Wiichat member Wreked's Avatar
    Member #
    33253
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    317
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    but bowser gets resized in every game he's in..

    anyways im' opening my eyes to how he would be a decent playable character in ssb, still would prefer him to be a boss or something cause that's how i always viewed him(like the poster a few posts above this stated)
    Ok that's a start. At least you're open to the idea of him in. And as the boss arguement stated, he can still be a boss. Just a didn't form of him.

    So if bowser can get resized, so can Ridley.

  8. #18
    MMA Fan TitansATB's Avatar
    Member #
    16420
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N.VA
    Posts
    431
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7448-6534-8132-0252
    fail...fail...FAIIIILLLL

    Just because he has less posts then most people doesnt mean hes any less of a person. Everyone need to start somewere


    MSC Code:463963 185826

    If you want an easy win go ahead and play me...tell me if you add me

    EA Username: TitansATB go ahead and add me on this

  9. #19
    Wiichat member Wreked's Avatar
    Member #
    33253
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    317
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Thanks Titans. I wish everybody would see it like you do.

  10. #20
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    darn hit post reply twice accidentally


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

how do you get charizard to look like ridley
,
how to get ridley asa character
,

how to get ridley on brawl

,

how to play as ridley in ssbb

,
how to play asridley in ssbb
,
play as ridley
,
play as ridley in melee
,

ridley brawl

,

ridley coloring pages

,
ridley dojo brawl
,

ridley for brawl

,

ridley in brawl

Click on a term to search for related topics.