LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Nintendo Is Advertising To Much

nintendo is advertising a little to much in this game. If you didnt know they are going to make a new "kid iccarus" game for the wii. PIT IS OLD!!! the last game he has been in was about 12 years ago! Why bring back a cruddy old character? None was probably looking on ssbb website everyday saying "OMG i realllllllllllly want my 1989 game star "pit" to be in the game!"
    Did you guys notice this too? Pit would never be in this game, unless they where going to make a new pit game!
    PIT OWNS YOU ALL

Member #
    Friends
    Pit would never be in this game, unless they where going to make a new pit game!
    Ness was in the original SSB, so far I haven't seen a new Earthbound game. I also doubt Ice Climbers has a new sequel coming out.

And Kid Icarus is not "cruddy" as you put it. Also you're bad at math, the game was released in 1987, which makes it 20 years old. But in addition to that, Kid Icarus was in the Captain N: Game Master series, along with his nemesis the Eggplant Wizard. (He wasn't named "Pit" in the show or comics.)

I do hope they make a new icarus game, but I don't think his inclusion is advertisement, I think it's a reward for all of us old school nintendo fans.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    They are definitely not advertising this game too much. Nintendo is competing with Halo 3, so SSB (one of the Wii's Biggest titles) will have to get as much exposure and appeal to all gamers, new and old, to get as much sales as possible

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    They are definitely not advertising this game too much. Nintendo is competing with Halo 3, so SSB (one of the Wii's Biggest titles) will have to get as much exposure and appeal to all gamers, new and old, to get as much sales as possible
    I agree. One of the most anticipated games from Nintendo, SSBB, needs to cover a larger gaming audience, so both new and older game characters must make an appearance to keep everyone happy.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by Attacktix
    nintendo is advertising a little to much in this game. If you didnt know they are going to make a new "kid iccarus" game for the wii. PIT IS OLD!!! the last game he has been in was about 12 years ago! Why bring back a cruddy old character? None was probably looking on ssbb website everyday saying "OMG i realllllllllllly want my 1989 game star "pit" to be in the game!"
    Did you guys notice this too? Pit would never be in this game, unless they where going to make a new pit game!
    First of all, to me, Pit (Kid Icarus) is not a 'cruddy' character at all. He's a classic character. You say he is 12 years old, OK, let's think, so is Mario and Nintendo is still making games for his series. Now let's look at Metroid...first on the NES, and they're still making games for her series too.

The second point I'd like to make is that you're sending totally mixed messages. Look at the quote above. He's hating Pit, now look at his signature:

Quote Originally Posted by Attacktix
    PIT OWNS YOU ALL
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Pit is an incredibly unique character who I am looking forward to seeing in Brawl. He fits better than most characters, if you actually think about it.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Uhhhhhh dude who started this, if pit "owns us all" why is he such a cruddy character?

Member #
    Friends
    They probably are going to make a kid icarus game, the whole thing, having multiple characters in the game, playable, pokemon, or assist trophys, set up a perfect marketing opportunity. Think if Roy or Marth wasn't in Melee, we prob wouldn't have or know about fire emblem. Nintendo has played thier hand very well.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    8272-7213-4018-2260
    since oldtimers are getting popular in the ssb series i would imagine other old characters.

My Brawl FC: 1934-0362-3348

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    wrong wrong wrong wrong

Just expressing my opinions but i disagree in almost everyway.
    i mean, the main reason they are not over advertising is because they are only advertising on the site nowhere else,

if they were advertising on magazines constantly and on the tv then i would agree but they are not, (or at least in uk they are not)

Edit: who gave me negative feedback for this comment im just expressing my opinions and that is just sad i mean i worked hard for my rep and you take it away like that thats just unfair
    Last edited by daviduk200; 09-15-2007 at 05:41 PM.

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Ads