Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    halo is s**t ssbb is better
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    the reason why these games can be compared(despite the different genres..) is that halo is gonna be the best selling multiplayer game for 360, and brawl would be the same for nintendo

but comparing them in terms of sales i would say it will be close

ssb(n64)-5 mil
    ssbm(cube)-6 mil

xbox
    halo-5 mil
    halo 2-9 mil

however wii has more sales than the 360 this gen, where last gen xbox had twice as many units sold as gamecube

about half of the cube owners bought ssbm
    and a third(but more) of xbox owners bought halo 2....

however the wii target a different audience....so i don't think it'll be in half of all wii-owner's hands.....but the wii is hardcore successful, so you never know how much sales ssbb will sell, it will be a lot, wither or not it beats halo 3 is semi-irrelevant
    are you sure? according to nexgenwars 360 took the lead again. wasnt this the #1 source for your wii > 360 sales?
    oh and thats a weird number for halo 2 sales...2-9?? its 6.5.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 09-26-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0999-0322-0469-1717
    I'm not a fanboy (well actually I hate the Microsoft corporation... it's eeeevil I tell you!) but I truly think Halo will sell more. I just think there are more people aware of the Halo trademark than Smash Bros.
    Wii stuff: Modded Wii, 2 wiimotes and nunchucks, 2 gamecube controllers
    Wii games: Wii Sports, Strikers, Rampage, WarioWare, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8

Member #
    Friends
    halo will sell more. but SSBB will be the better game as in actually game play... my brother got halo3 on launch and he said he beat it in 5 hrs....you cant tell a good game story in 5 hrs and this is supposed to be the end of the halo series right? you would think their single player would take longer than 5hrs. i dont understand why halo is what it is.. i think the game is horrible, but i did play counter-strike since it came out years ago so in my opinion no FPS compares to what CS is.

Member #
    Friends
    Same thoughts, my cousin beat the game in 6 hours. I was like ''WTF?''

Riku 4 Brawl. KTHX!
    www.myspace.com/the_souless
    I'm such a myspace freak... XD
    SSBB friend code
    5069-3586-4611
    A D D M E ! !

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by tank
    No chance SSBB will outsell Halo3

Halo has such a huge fan base. Halo is a franchise that so many people enjoy. Ever notice how a whole lot of Halo fan aren't really "gamers"? Sure a lot of Halo fans are true gamers, to say, but a lot of them are also people who just own an X-box to play sports games, Halo, and Gears. It's not very likely to find games like Fable, or Oblivion in their collection. Just the 2k sports series, and Halo. Halo has such an appeal that people in every target audience are likely to pick up a copy, even if they are not a fan of the franchise.

The bulk of SSBB sales are going to come from the Nintendo "fan boy" base. Don't try to disillusion yourself, the percentage of SSBB sales that come from people new to Nintendo is going to be incredibly small compared to the percentage of buyers who are already familiar with the series.

That's why SSBB is NOT going to outsell Halo 3.

I'm actually getting a 360 and Halo 3 for Christmas. I've kinda alway wanted a 360, cause it actually has some really good games....new Fable, anyone?.... And after playing Halo 3 with the 6 people on my floor who got it last night, I'm hooked. I never liked Halo cause I never actually sat donw and played it for more than 5 minutes before saying "F*** this, I suck so I quit." But 3 is just so much fun. I also played Gears of War for the first time recently.....damn that's a fun game.

right.....which is why levesqueisking and a bunch of my friends are/have already buying/bought the wii just for ssbb, i myself am not sure if i would have bought the wii if it weren't for ssbb, the only two games i was looking forward to when the wii was announced were twilight princess and ssbb, and tp is on cube.....and since my brotha has a wii, i would probably find it unnecesarry

you should see my friends, they are gamers but not console gamers, they are pc gamers however they're gonna buy the wii just for ssbb.....it is a really great unique game that should appeal to all target audiences(maybe not the wii grandmas)

oh and sovieto, sorry i haven't really seen the sales between wii and 360, i just assumed wii was in the lead,

*checks vgcharts(nexenwars=crap, i don't know why you assumed nexgenwars was my number 1 source, i think i used it before i became a member of wiichat, butc converted over to vgchartz because it seemed more reliable

yup wii's still in the lead,

are you sure halo 2 only sold 6.5 mil....wikipedia said 9, but if you find a better source i'll believe you

and to the poster 3 posts above me

cs:s>ALL FPS's

dont argue with that.
    Last edited by mushroomedmario; 09-26-2007 at 01:45 PM.

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    yeah master chief dies ( LOL I RUINED IT FOR YOU ALL! >) so that means theres no other halo. and for SSB, i heard it was the last one too. but i hope not. it deserves atleast one more game.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7439-8958-0815-9629
    .....>.>.....<.<......

Is it all right if I'm a devoted fan of both games?

*hopes he is not crucified as some sort of amalgamated abomination*

Economic Prediction: In America, Halo will beat SSBB in sales, But worldwide SSBB will beat Halo in sales.

I'm a rather intelligent individual who has the bad habit of doing rather unintelligent things...
    Wii Code: 7439-8958-0815-9629
    Brawl FC: 1246-8378-0580
    Brawl Name: Druidn

Member #
    Friends
    you know they should put master chief in the next SSB or even in brawl... lol my brother the xbox halo fanboy bit my head off for that...

Member #
    Friends
    7188-5336-1885-9660
    It would out-sell Halo 3, if Nintendo had more fans. The peoples like Halo 3 for its super hi-def graphics and since its from the 360 (alot of people have 360's since its been out the longest.) It has a story line, which I'm thiking SSBB is going to have one more so then before. It was a huge launch. I don't think SSBB is going to be that huge, but its going to have lines. And stores will run out of copies. Halo 3 isn't as good in temrs of fighting and stuff (considering Halo 3 is a FPS) but has great online. I hope to see that in SSBB too. All in all, its going to come close. Halo 3, chances are, is going to win.
    WII GAMES: Wii Sports, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (One of the best games ever), Red Steel, Elebits, Tony Hawks Down Hill Jam, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, and Mario Party 8

WII STUFF: ULTRAGaming cords (6 plug)High Quality, 2 Wiimotes and Nunchucks, 2 Classic control and another 1 gig memory card.

DS GAMES: Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 64 DS, Starfox Assault, Mario & Luigi Back in Time, and Wario-Ware touched. I forgot the rest.

Tails McCloud~ is an ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads