LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alt Costumes?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Personally I dont mind the clones. Never did. If thats what it took to squeeze in that extra character then so be it. Its all about the flavor to suit your mood. Take for instance, I never liked Cpt. Falcon. Nothing against his moveset, I just didnt like the char. But I played the hell out of Gannondorf. They know what chars they want, They know how many spaces they wanna fill so does it really hurt that badly if they give a moveset a different paintjob? Someone out there will probably appreciate it. Otherwise it might just be a space they could have filled but didnt have the time.

As far as the thread goes. Alternate costumes are cool as long as it is just a costume, Not a complete model overhaul IE: Changing size or complete function of your char. Cause then it wouldnt be a costume it would be another char.
    Last edited by raynimator; 10-04-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Gah, Clones clones clones... Well there was quite a dif in SSBM with Roy and Marth but the only thing was the "B up" and the "Charge sword hold" was the only dif, But i guess it made that much of a difference of adding that one more character, and i think Clones arent a bad idea, It just depends on what you do with the clone, I Acutally kind of like the idea of Cap'n falcon and Ganon having the same move set, It was just that more much of a chalange, And that its like a battle of the two rivals who have the same fighting skills.. So in the end its a never ending fun battle .. But as long as i get more characters im fine with only having a set of only 1 CLONE, Not 4-5 characters with the same move..

Also, I want to see some costumes in Strikers (charged) into SSBB i would love to see Yoshi's costume in SSBB from Strikers (charged)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bw!
    sorry but i just dont want the game like in melee were most of the characters that you try realy hard to unlock are just clones it makes me mad.

and costumes will give characters that dont have a chance in brawl to be a costume like boshi can be yoshi's costume because we all know boshi does not have a chance to be in ssbb
    Well...Boshi seems like a more plausible costume. What would have to do? Give Yoshi shades, spiky bracelets, and different spikes and you're done? Boshi would seem more like a Peach-Daisy alt costume. Change a few colors and make MINOR changes to his costume (like how they changed Peach's earrings and symbol on her shirt.) However, these kind of color swaps don't make the character perfect, but it could make it fairly similiar without having to make an entirely new model.

Some people just take the idea of alt costumes too far...like "Falco should be an alt of Fox!" "Blaziken should be an alt of Charizard!" "Pichu should be an alt of Pikachu!" If you already have a character model that is 100% distinct from another character...make it its own character! You already have a good start!

One of the few alt costumes I can see is Pokemon Trainer. I don't think it's outrageous to have Red switched to Leaf/Fire, or Dawn, or whoever you want it to switch to. They obviously aren't going to have to worry about alternate movesets...since all they do is command the Pokemon.

Otherwise, color-swap similarity characters are good for me. Full-fledged alt costumes would make me feel cheated.

Ads