Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alt Costumes?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Alt Costumes?

I hear people saying "this clone should just be an alt-costume!" Some people believe you're saving time or memory...all you're saving is one little character select square...but doesn't creating a new model for the character take the same amount of work and effort to create an alt costume... An alt costume is like a clone...only worse.

Then people say "hey, they could slightly tweak the moves of the alt costumes!". Now that is COMPLETELY equal to a clone...

Clone- a character model with the same moveset as another player, but with different stats.

Why do some people think they are saving time or memory? If it's a simple color-swap...well that's nothing. But if you want Young Link to be an alt of Link, or Pichu to be an alt of Pikachu, or Dr. Mario to be an alt of Mario...well in that case you're getting something worse than a clone. You get character model with EXACTLY the same moveset.

In conclusion, I believe clones > alt costumes

Member #
    Friends
    Good point.

I never really cared about clones.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by konomaroh
    Good point.

I never really cared about clones.
    Yeah, I would rather the clones be turned in to non-clones, or just removed...but if going to make an "alt costume"...you might as well tweak its moveset and make it a clone. It's not like you're getting way ahead either way.

bw!
    Member #
    Friends
    because it means less characters will be in it

because if they are a clone it well waste character space

pluss its less anoying

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bw!
    because it means less characters will be in it

because if they are a clone it well waste character space

pluss its less anoying
    How can less characters be in due to a clone? Less "original" characters will be in, but there will be the same amount of characters. =O

They're not going to take up that much more space than an alt costume. With an alt costume, you have the model, you have the moves, all it takes is a little tweaking of the stats.

And what the heck is this "character space" I keep hearing about?! Is it the amount of space on the character select screen? Come on...we don't even know what it looks like, and they can always make more room. Do you know what the said "character space" is? Is it 40? Is it 50? Is it 140.96? No one knows. They didn't set a limit. They set a goal. At least 40 characters. AT LEAST. They will try to get in as many as they can. If they can get another in, they will. The character limit is x amount. Do we know what x is? No. My guess is that x is nonexistent. The only limit is what they can do, and we don't know how much that is. My guess is that they can do quite a bit.

...I'm going to ignore the "pluss its less anoying" part due to that being an opinion.

bw!
    Member #
    Friends
    sorry but i just dont want the game like in melee were most of the characters that you try realy hard to unlock are just clones it makes me mad.

and costumes will give characters that dont have a chance in brawl to be a costume like boshi can be yoshi's costume because we all know boshi does not have a chance to be in ssbb
    Miles "Tails" Prowers

Two tails are better than one.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    yeah i agree with you man, this is what i said in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    yeah but they got all the resources from melee, so why not just add both a lot of new comers and vets, vets won't take that long to code...and clones aren't 100% clones, they all have their differences...there are people better with pichu than they are with everyone else, and yeah they miht be sad that sakurai removed him, but it would have been hardly any effort at all to include pichu in the game, so why not?

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    The only melee characters that I had a problem with were Pichu, Young Link, and Dr.Mario. Luigi had superior jump and a different move. Ganondorf was so much more powerful than Cpt.Falcon. Falco was quicker and had a flinch blaster. But the others had no significant difference. But alt. costumes would be nice to organize characters, like in DBZBT2.

bw!
    Member #
    Friends
    i would like clones if they had there own moveset
    Miles "Tails" Prowers

Two tails are better than one.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by bw!
    i would like clones if they had there own moveset
    than they wouldn't be clones.....

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Ads