I will make this brief, my game experience on Nintendo's side of the tracks is a bit out dated, and I've not touched a Nintendo since the N64. Now I know the original SSB was for N64, but my interest in Nintendo was fading fast and managed to miss this title - Super Smash Bros.
Now that the Wii has revived my love for Nintendo
There is a lot of hype surrounding this game, and a lot of people are biting there nails in wait for it's arrival. So my questions are...
- How easy do you guys think it is for n00bs to pick up SSB titles?
- Would you recommend warming up to the now classics or just diving right in?
- How does SSB titles differ from other existing fighters like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter 2?
Surprised there isn't a thread like this already, and if there was I managed to miss it. Search between searches are 30 seconds between so after a couple mis-fires here it is. If I missed it sorry, my bad.
"Real Men Wii Standing Up"
if you read these :
then you will see that the aim in ssbb is completely different than a game like mortal kombat or street fighters.
1. n00bs will be able to play the game but will not be able to get good like someone who plays alot more can, it requires good timing and strategy and is really hard to get good at, the fighting is alot deeper than any other fighter and the replay value is amazing. but this is a good thing because you can play this game with anyone that comes over even if they are a "noob".
2. i started off with melee which i bout about 3 months ago and played it and loved it so i can be better when ssbb comes out. but you CAN dive right in to ssbb without playing the other 2 ssb's, it will just take a while to get used to, but it will be fine because there isnt a deep story line or anything like that.
3.i answered this above .
hopefully i answered your questions :S