LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 125
  1. #111
    CoOkIe NiNJA xD SoUL's Avatar
    Member #
    34177
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    109
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    Those people that get the Wii past the SSBB launch date will STILL get SSBB.
    Yes, but then less people that buy the Wii past SSBB launch date will buy Mario Galaxy, because they would buy SSBB.
    Last edited by SoUL; 10-15-2007 at 07:42 PM.

    Riku 4 Brawl. KTHX!
    www.myspace.com/the_souless
    I'm such a myspace freak... XD
    SSBB friend code
    5069-3586-4611
    A D D M E ! !

  2. #112
    b0red JerryC's Avatar
    Member #
    34070
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    777
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6945-1657-3955-2410
    ^yep was just addressing the "more wiis on the market means more SSBB"
    Send PM before addingXD.
    Currently Playing: COD4, (Spot Reserved for SSBB)
    Recently Beat:
    Currently Watching: Naruto, Bleach

  3. #113
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    It's far too late in the development cycle to add in more characters.

    A game of this type and magnitude needs TONS of testing and tweaking to get everything just right with all the characters and their abilities.
    I agree it needs all the perfecting it can get on what it's offering right now, but you do realized there's more than just one person working on this game, right? It's not like the only guy working on this game is just going to tweak everything to perfection. There's also a guy inventing new characters, which can easily be accomplished in 4 months.

    Also, it's not like the team developing this is just now going, "Woah, it's being delayed, this is a surprise." I'm sure they've known for MONTHS. They've been planning ahead for a long time now, and the fact they're delaying it for an extra 2 months means they'll we'll be getting some awesome rewards for the wait.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  4. #114
    WiiChat Member gnahc79's Avatar
    Member #
    19127
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    210
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUL
    Yes, but then less people that buy the Wii past SSBB launch date will buy Mario Galaxy, because they would buy SSBB.
    I don't agree that there's a significant negative dependency of Mario Galaxy and SSBB. Two very anticipated games? Yes. However, the two games are very different. One is THE platformer to get, one is THE multiplayer game to get. I'm not a huge fan of platform games because I don't have that much time (job, baby, etc). SSBB...a perfect game for my needs. It's quick, intense and a total party game.
    Platform-crazy Wii owners are more 'hardcore' gamers. IMO most of the people that buy Mario Galaxy will also get SSBB, no matter the launch date of SSBB. Will some new Wii owners in February have the mindset of exclusively SSBB or Galaxy for whatever reason? Sure, but I highly doubt that number is significant enough to hurt sales of Mario Galaxy or benefit SSBB. There would probably be a number of new Wii owners that would only want SSBB (like me). Maybe there will be some people that only want Mario Galaxy...eh, probably not .
    This delay HURTS Nintendo. Now the SSBB launch is closer to the Mario Kart launch. Two non-platform, intense, short party games. There's more likely of a negative impact on profit between those two launches IMO. Not having SSBB available for the holiday has zero positives, especially for us gamers that planned to play it during our days off! :P

  5. #115
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    it's bad enough that super mario galaxy has to compete with bwii and fire emblem.....i can't say i'm happy that they delayed brawl, but it's a relief now that i will have time to play those three games and guitar hero 3....(and finally beat the games i already started(loz:tp, mp:c))


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  6. #116
    CoOkIe NiNJA xD SoUL's Avatar
    Member #
    34177
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    109
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    I don't agree that there's a significant negative dependency of Mario Galaxy and SSBB. Two very anticipated games? Yes. However, the two games are very different. One is THE platformer to get, one is THE multiplayer game to get. I'm not a huge fan of platform games because I don't have that much time (job, baby, etc). SSBB...a perfect game for my needs. It's quick, intense and a total party game.
    Platform-crazy Wii owners are more 'hardcore' gamers. IMO most of the people that buy Mario Galaxy will also get SSBB, no matter the launch date of SSBB. Will some new Wii owners in February have the mindset of exclusively SSBB or Galaxy for whatever reason? Sure, but I highly doubt that number is significant enough to hurt sales of Mario Galaxy or benefit SSBB. There would probably be a number of new Wii owners that would only want SSBB (like me). Maybe there will be some people that only want Mario Galaxy...eh, probably not .
    This delay HURTS Nintendo. Now the SSBB launch is closer to the Mario Kart launch. Two non-platform, intense, short party games. There's more likely of a negative impact on profit between those two launches IMO. Not having SSBB available for the holiday has zero positives, especially for us gamers that planned to play it during our days off! :P
    Yes, two very different games but thats really out of the point. They are STILL two very anticipated games and some people (mainly casual gamers) will only be getting one. Only ''hardcore gamers'' would get them both. If Nintendo had both out at around the same time, more people will choose SSBB because srsly, its SSBB. Even if SSBB comes out on February and not on december it WILL still be a big hit and will sell... A LOT.

    Riku 4 Brawl. KTHX!
    www.myspace.com/the_souless
    I'm such a myspace freak... XD
    SSBB friend code
    5069-3586-4611
    A D D M E ! !

  7. #117
    A.K.A. _-Fear-_-Me-_ Darkonix's Avatar
    Member #
    11541
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    290
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2416-6513-0889-2126
    im surprised.. I would of expected to see ... " Im not surprised.." As many say.. I dont know whats the big deal.. 2 months.. I love this game and I cant wait for it, but im thinking positive. If in 2 months a great game will come out, then I'll wait.

    remember Zelda orcarina of time!? It was a YEAR delay, and still considered one of the best games ever made.
    Hello! My user online number is 2416-6513-0889-2126
    Add me I plan on adding everyone! woot! wii

    My Pokemon Info
    Fc: 2105 5158 0384
    Name: Onix
    PM me if you add me, so I can add you.

  8. #118
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkonix
    im surprised.. I would of expected to see ... " Im not surprised.." As many say.. I dont know whats the big deal.. 2 months.. I love this game and I cant wait for it, but im thinking positive. If in 2 months a great game will come out, then I'll wait.

    remember Zelda orcarina of time!? It was a YEAR delay, and still considered one of the best games ever made.
    Agreed.

    I'm not suprised.. great games tend to have delays, and most of them big delays. Halo 2 had a huge delay, they were always delaying the game, and it was released 2 years (or 1) after the original launch date. No big deal for Bungie, the game still outsold every other games..

    This can only mean that they are developing a better game, with more stuff to it. They also need to test the online feature, and this must be one of the reasons why this game has a delay. Yep, online is causing them problems I believe.

    And, February is a nice month to launch this game. I have my birthday in two days before the game is released.

  9. #119
    A.K.A. _-Fear-_-Me-_ Darkonix's Avatar
    Member #
    11541
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    290
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2416-6513-0889-2126
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    Agreed.

    I'm not suprised.. great games tend to have delays, and most of them big delays. Halo 2 had a huge delay, they were always delaying the game, and it was released 2 years (or 1) after the original launch date. No big deal for Bungie, the game still outsold every other games..

    This can only mean that they are developing a better game, with more stuff to it. They also need to test the online feature, and this must be one of the reasons why this game has a delay. Yep, online is causing them problems I believe.

    And, February is a nice month to launch this game. I have my birthday in two days before the game is released.

    sweet my b day is in mid jan, so I'll be already ready for this. hah.
    Hello! My user online number is 2416-6513-0889-2126
    Add me I plan on adding everyone! woot! wii

    My Pokemon Info
    Fc: 2105 5158 0384
    Name: Onix
    PM me if you add me, so I can add you.

  10. #120
    WiiChat Member gnahc79's Avatar
    Member #
    19127
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    210
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUL
    Yes, two very different games but thats really out of the point. They are STILL two very anticipated games and some people (mainly casual gamers) will only be getting one. Only ''hardcore gamers'' would get them both. If Nintendo had both out at around the same time, more people will choose SSBB because srsly, its SSBB. Even if SSBB comes out on February and not on december it WILL still be a big hit and will sell... A LOT.
    The two being different games IS the point, that is why Nintendo doesn't launch Mario Kart and SSBB within 2 weeks of each other. Same with Zelda and Galaxy.

    1) Some people would get only either Galaxy or SSBB if Dec 3 was the launch date. The 'loss' to Galaxy is minimal.
    2) Nearly all 'hardcore' gamers that buy Galaxy will buy SSBB, independent of the launch date.
    3) Not all gamers that buy SSBB will buy Galaxy, independent of the launch date. These gamers are more casual gamers, or don't have the time for a platform game.

    Anyways, that's all I have to write about this topic. Time to play some Strikers Charged and get my butt kicked by Diddy at the Crystal Cup! lol

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

why is there a delay on my wii

Click on a term to search for related topics.