LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed
    Also, Super Mario Galaxy is coming out in November, which would COMPETE FOR SALES DURING CHRISTMAS with SSBB, hence, less money
    No, not less money. It would be the same amout or more. Let's say they'll sell 100 games. Nintendo gets the same amount of money regardless of whether it's 100 Super Marios or 60 Super Marios and 40 Smash Bros. They're losing out on profit from the people who would buy them both for the holiday season.

and ALSO, Reggie just stated that they arent going to be able to produce as many Wii's for the holidays as they'd hoped, so by delaying it until february, there will be MORE WII'S in people's hands, hence, MORE COPIES of SSBB to be sold.
    By not releasing until February only means more sales in February, not more overall. If someone doesn't get a Wii until March they can still by Smash Bros. regardless of when the game itself was released.

It makes sense, despite losing the Christmas rush, they will still make more $$$ this way. Bastards...
    No. The more delay, the more potential loss in profit. You need to get product into customers' hands as soon as possible or that money may go elsewhere. Why do you think EB/Gamestop pushes pre-orders so much? The sooner they get some of your money, the better for the bottom line.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed
    1st: No one would want a sub-par launch SSBB, with as you say "9 characters, no adventure mode, mabye about 2 stages, no stickers or tropheys" Of course we wouldn't want that, but then WHY did they initially tout is AS A LAUNCH TITLE?? It doesn't make sense.

THEORY: You know how all the third party developers were caught off guard by the success of the Wii and are scrambling to catch up? Well supposed Nintendo was caught off guard too? Perhaps the original plan was to release shortly after the Wii launch with a Smash Bros that was just a slightly updated version of the Gamecube game? But then in those first couple months after launch they realized that they were onto something MASSIVE with the Wii and changed the plans for Smash to be a much more ambitious project worthy of the success of the Wii?

Member #
    Friends
    By delaying, they gain more money =/

I'm not saying they delayed because of the money. But SSBB IS SSBB, one of the greatest game of Nintendo. They CAN delay it and we will STILL buy it because hello, its SSBB. So they delay it and people buy their Wii's on christmas with SMG or they just buy any Wii game, then on february they buy SSBB. If they don't delay, people will just buy SSBB for christmas and ignore SMG.

It does makes sense =/

Riku 4 Brawl. KTHX!
    www.myspace.com/the_souless
    I'm such a myspace freak... XD
    SSBB friend code
    5069-3586-4611
    A D D M E ! !

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    THEORY: You know how all the third party developers were caught off guard by the success of the Wii and are scrambling to catch up? Well supposed Nintendo was caught off guard too? Perhaps the original plan was to release shortly after the Wii launch with a Smash Bros that was just a slightly updated version of the Gamecube game? But then in those first couple months after launch they realized that they were onto something MASSIVE with the Wii and changed the plans for Smash to be a much more ambitious project worthy of the success of the Wii?
    or they realized people buy crap games on the wii so they decided to delay it so mario and mp3 could have their share of huge success since they actually arent crap.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    or they realized people buy crap games on the wii so they decided to delay it so mario and mp3 could have their share of huge success since they actually arent crap.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2nd: You can't read. I didn't say "no one defended Nintendo" I said we DID defend Nintendo, the loyal fans, and we get screwed repeatedly for doing so.

I quote this because it highlights what I consider a dangerous feeling:

Entitlement

Nintendo didn't ask anyone to defend it against the fanboys. However, Nintendo fans will usually do it anyway. Then some fans seem to think that because they argue with some Xbot, they should be rewarded. Sorry but it just doesn't work that way. Nintendo does what Nintendo wants to do. The only thing Nintendo is obliged to give us are quality games that we expect when we purchase its console. Nothing more, nothing less. Nintendo is run by humans so of course it will make mistakes.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not so mad about the delay, because i'll buy Galaxy to pass time and get Brawl as my B-day present in February.

Member #
    Friends
    makes my sad =( oh well no summer of SSBB
    pizza mmmmmmmmm

Member #
    Friends
    4924-2624-6170-6031
    Wow people. Some of you have got to get a grip. There are other things you can do and time will pass regardless of whether the game comes out or not. This has no effect on your lives. Us people in Europe don't have a release date and I expect it to be at least 2 months after the American one. But so what? I'm so damn busy I'm probably going to miss the release date here anyway. Oh, and saying "Then you're not a loyal fan to the series" is first of all: just bizarre - it's not a sect - and secondly is not true. I've ALSO been playing SSB since the first one came out. In fact I prefer the first one and I'm still playing it up to this day so don't try and kick me out of this obsessed fanclub I never wanted to be a part of anyway.

But complaining to Nintendo that your friends with PS3s and 360s are making fun of you? What is that? PS3 is so expensive that 1) no one wants to buy it and 2) eventually game producers won't make any games for it because it's so complicated and no one will be buying it anyway. And the 360 has great graphics but is the buggiest system released in a long time and there is not really a variety of games or gameplay. Tell them that. Don't ask Nintendo to do something about it. They were nice enough to tell you a release date and to complete the game they now realize they need more time. It's that simple. Deal with it.

Member #
    Friends
    6945-1657-3955-2410
    and there is not really a variety of games or gameplay.
    lol..
    Send PM before addingXD.
    Currently Playing: COD4, (Spot Reserved for SSBB)
    Recently Beat:
    Currently Watching: Naruto, Bleach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Ads