LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Are you saying that if he were to send this to Nintendo, that he couldn't name it "An open letter to Nintendo"?

I have to disagree.

What are you talking about?

Read what I said again:
    Usually when something is referred to as "an open letter to xyz" then that means the letter is being presented in a public place as well as sent to company xyz in order to draw more publicity to the topic.

2. Ads

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ...Yeah, I heard you the first time.

The title nor the text clarifies which copy this could be. Thus, if he thought that this was an official Nintendo site, this could have been the copy he was 'sending to nintendo' rather than the copy he was 'presenting in a public place.'

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    The internet would crash the moment a Smash bros demo was announced. Worse yet, if it was online!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ...Yeah, I heard you the first time.

The title nor the text clarifies which copy this could be. Thus, if he thought that this was an official Nintendo site, this could have been the copy he was 'sending to nintendo' rather than the copy he was 'presenting in a public place.'
    There would typically be no change in the text for an open letter regardless if it was the one sent directly to the company or the one sent to the public.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_letter

Member #
    Friends
    I don't see what's the big problem about this. Couple months delay, meh. At least they didn't cancel the whole game. If you were waiting months for this to be released, what will 2 more do to ya?
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Playing is Believing blankconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    meh this letter will be thrown away with all the others like it when they read it..if they read it. nice idea though

If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUL
    I don't really like the idea of a demo and besides... it would be like a LOT to download.
    Anyway, Nintendo is not really the give-demo-type.
    Wow, why are you so against demos...every thread I go into you say you don't want one or Nintendo doesn't give them out. I don't really have a problem with it, but I just wanna know why you don't. Oh, and Nintendo does give out demos for big games. There was a demo at Gamestop for MKD and everyone could get a Metroid Prime 2 demo. Those were both super hyped games like Brawl, and they didn't even get delayed! There is actually quite a large chance for a demo. ^_^

If you need a sig, feel free to contact me! I love makin em! ^_^
    Okay...so many people have been asking me for sigs lately, I'm a little behind. I'm currently not accepting any requests, don't worry, I'll be back on track in a few days! T_T

Member #
    Friends
    Well, I personally don't like demos because when I buy the original game its not a surprise. Its like I already know the game and I'm not so much hyped about it.

What's MKD? (sorry i really have no idea what it is)

Metroid Prime 2 is like a FPS/Adventure game for Gamecube (way not succesful as the Wii). SSBB is a fighting game for Wii, which is a WAAAY different. Also, SSBB is a LOT more hyped than Prime 2 was and I mean... A LOT DIFFERENT.

If Nintendo actually gave a demo any time soon, people will play it so much that by the time SSBB came out some people would already be bored and they will lose a lot of sales of SSBB.

Riku 4 Brawl. KTHX!
    www.myspace.com/the_souless
    I'm such a myspace freak... XD
    SSBB friend code
    5069-3586-4611
    A D D M E ! !

Member #
    Friends
    0423-8829-8601-2645
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUL
    If Nintendo actually gave a demo any time soon, people will play it so much that by the time SSBB came out some people would already be bored and they will lose a lot of sales of SSBB.
    Yes, I agree, with certain games it wouldn't work. SSBB is may be a good example, I've never played SS games .. do you "progress"? By which I mean improve your power, speed or anything? If you dont, then it deffinitely wouldn't work.

However, I think some games it will work, for example racing games .. Need for speed dished out demos and its just made me want the games even more..

Member #
    Friends
    7507-0312-1372-2147
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchik
    Wow, why are you so against demos...every thread I go into you say you don't want one or Nintendo doesn't give them out. I don't really have a problem with it, but I just wanna know why you don't. Oh, and Nintendo does give out demos for big games. There was a demo at Gamestop for MKD and everyone could get a Metroid Prime 2 demo. Those were both super hyped games like Brawl, and they didn't even get delayed! There is actually quite a large chance for a demo. ^_^
    I agree....I would anticipate a demo...and It seems pretty likely...

Ads