LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioman
    Sigh...some research would do you guys wonders...if you want to get straight to the point start the video at about 9:30 into the video...which would be about 50 seconds left btw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lR3R804FtRk
    Ahh, yes. I've seen that video before. True, he claims they have a lot of stuff to show, but that doesn't mean the Dojo won't be affected. Unless we have about 41 starters, we won't be getting a character every week. Sure, he could profile each characters special moves, final smash, and maybe a few gameplay videos, but I think we may still see some changes. I'm sure Sakurai has tons of ATs and Pokeballs he can profile, several items, and quite a few stages, but how do we know how often he will put these on the site? Will he give us a character a week until he runs out, and then give us none? Will we have more characters than expected? Sure there's a lot he could update, and probably several modes to keep us excited, but the thing I'm most concerned about is characters...probably the most exciting and anticipated updates he makes. The ones that keep the most people interested.

Member #
    Friends
    2808-0927-1557-0457
    It won't be affected...I can assure you

Brawl Friend Code
    2406-4799-0198
    If you add me make sure you PM me so we can play

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I doubt that it will be affected in any way. He could go on for another year updating the game before he ran out of things.

Hopefully the quality of updates does not dip. Example:

"You must attack to cause damage!"

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    I doubt that it will be affected in any way. He could go on for another year updating the game before he ran out of things.

Hopefully the quality of updates does not dip. Example:

"You must attack to cause damage!"
    LMAO!!
    XD

kk to the OP:
    I kinda think they will stop updating at some point (after they give a few surprises I'm sure) or they will just do what King said, super obvious updates.

Riku 4 Brawl. KTHX!
    www.myspace.com/the_souless
    I'm such a myspace freak... XD
    SSBB friend code
    5069-3586-4611
    A D D M E ! !

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think updates will stop or get diminished and it seems like you guys think that every character that is announced will be a starting character. It has already been confirmed that all third party characters will be unlockable and the whole warning challenger approaching thing makes me think those characters will have to be unlocked as well

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosAssassin
    I don't think updates will stop or get diminished and it seems like you guys think that every character that is announced will be a starting character. It has already been confirmed that all third party characters will be unlockable and the whole warning challenger approaching thing makes me think those characters will have to be unlocked as well
    isnt that just on the newcomers?
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    isnt that just on the newcomers?
    Well on the newcomers that were in the first preview didn't have the warning challenger approaching when they were announced on the site so I think those newcomers will start but the other newcomers will have to be unlocked

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosAssassin
    Well on the newcomers that were in the first preview didn't have the warning challenger approaching when they were announced on the site so I think those newcomers will start but the other newcomers will have to be unlocked
    Okay, so according to you, all third party characters are unlockable, and all "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" characters are unlockable, yes? Well, Snake is third party, but doesn't have a "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" sign...what does that make him?

I believe your theory is incorrect. Yes, I thought all third party were unlockable too...but I think Sakurai changed his tune. I'm pretty sure he confirmed he would not show any unlockable elements on the site until the game was released. I don't think the words "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" have the same effect on the Dojo as they do in Melee. I, and most other people, believe that any character with that phrase in front of it is simply a new character...one that has not been in Smash before. Otherwise, there would be many people angry with the fact they are getting so many spoilers without knowing it.

Ads