- Can you Wavedash? Can you Waveland?
No, dodges are based on momentum now
- Is L-cancelling still in?
Doesn't seem to be, but lag on air attacks has been reduced
- Can you short hop and fastfall?
Yes, but short hop seems impossible on the Wii-mote only controls, or at least very difficult.
- Any changes to DI?
DI is MUCH more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 200!
- Can you still do Up Smashes and Up+B out of a shield?
It appears so (you can with bowser at least)
- Is Chain Throwing still viable (and cheap), or has it been removed/made much more difficult?
Seems chain throws are still in, reported Pikachu can with DThrow and Mario can as well.
- Does dodging while hanging on a ledge still count you as on the ledge for the entire length of the dodge animation, preventing others from grabbing it? Any changes or additions to ledge hogging and options available when hanging from a ledge?
Gimpyfish seemed to indicate that this was all the same as in Melee
- Does footstool jumping take away your second jump or does it just give you a free jump in addition to double-jumping? Can you do it while in free-fall state after an Up+B? Can everyone do it or only certain characters?
the footstool requires you to have a jump. It is pretty much your jump plus a spike/stun on the other person. If you do not have any jump then you cannot perform a footstool jump. I tried doing this by jumping twice and then do it but nothing happens.
- How do you crawl, and does there seem to be any use for it? Can anyone do it or just certain characters?
Seems only certain characters, like wall-jumpers. Done with Down+Forward
- Apparantly you can now double-jump after an air-dodge. Is this true? What other things can you do after an air-dodge, if any?
Air dodging is now just like an air A attack - no change to trajectory, just invincibility frames instead of attack frames, and after it is done you can double-jump (if you haven't used it yet), attack, Up+B, dodge again, whatever. Note that after the invincibility frames end there is a decent chunk of lag before the air dodge animation is complete and you can do other things.
- Can the C-Stick still perform airials? Does it still throw items in the direction pressed?
C-stick does perform aerials. I was able to do aerials with it while holding an item as well. It seems you can also do charged smashes by holding the stick, and if you are holding your main stick in a direction and press the C-stick in the same direction you'll do a tilt instead of a Smash (meaning CC DSmash's are harder to do now).
- Can you describe the different in feel in overall speed and physics between Brawl and Melee? Are characters all universally "floaty" like in N64, or can some still naturally fall quickly like in Melee?
Via Gimpyfish - Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, itís awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.
- Can all Up+B's automatically sweetspot on the way UP, not just when falling, as Link's apparantly can (as seen in the 7 minute Gamespot video where Link does an Up+B and sweetspots it on the way up, whereas in Melee he'd have gone up above the ledge then fallen to grab it)? Does double-jumping up past a ledge also automatically grab it, and if so, does this mean Ledge Hopping is no longer an option (since the hop would just make you grab the ledge again)?
It sounds like all Up+B's can sweetspot ledges, plus you can grab ledges while facing away from them now. You can even easily edge-hog by running off the ledge then smashing back toward the ledge to grab it as you fall past it with it behind you.