LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    i think there should be world rankings that exist under tournament like conditions. no items, only certain maps and so on. have ratings and records and keep it as simple as that. the rest of the matches could be stored on your wii like Wii-Fi said.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpro
    Well I would have competition if it matched you with people around your rank... and I still think that a lot of people would like to know where they rank in the world...

I mean seriously that's the good thing about any game is it's highscores (the competition and if it's worldwide it's that much better...

I don't even need a ranking system, but I'd like it to show me people's records as well as my own. I dont need like "this person is 1st " but seeing a number record would be cool. then again maybe it would turn people off because youd be paired with a dude like 100 and 15 adn then quit.

i would be surprised if they didnt add rankings given the extra time. you should be able to choose ranked and unranked matches with "Anyone" i think.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii-Fi
    just have win-loss, damage, etc, like what you see after a battle in melee, but have the wii keep the records. it would just be like bragging rights, for fun.
    yeah thats the type of thing i want. maybe im getting ranking confused with record keeping.

EDIT: but if you have your own profile on your system wont it save that stuff?

i'm getting confused
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by balrogs.pa
    what do you mean. you take +1 hour to add a wii friend code? or mabye it takes +5 minutes to ask your friend ''um... hey there.. i was wondeering mabye sometimes tonight we could, you know, go and play some super smash bros brawl wi-fi instead of at out house together?'' that was sarcasm to let you know.
    I said it would take forever to find my real friends on my wii if I had a few hundred wii friends that I didn't know...
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    I'm actually glad there are no World Rankings because it's the type of thing that makes people quit in the middle of a game. If somebody is a sore loser, these ranks will only encourage them to quit during a game so there loss will not affect there position on the World Rankings.

That would be a forfiet and count the same as a loss
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpro
    That would be a forfiet and count the same as a loss
    But no one would gain a win.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    the ranking was cool for a bit, but then you see the striker of the day who plays forever, no offence axtlar, then you play these people that just care about their rank and quit or play unfairly... not fun.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    Okay, the way I think it shoudl be, for clarification is:

-Rankings should be kept for online battles that are against anyone, unless you choose ahead of time to not count rankings for that battle.
    -You could challenge specific people by there rank if they had challenges turned on
    -When you entered a fight you would be paired with whoever is online and is closest to you in rank and location
    -While in a fight if one player disconnects in any way the game will continue however they will be just like a puppet (that doesn't move) to the other player so it's kind of like a guaranteed win
    -After a fight your rank goes up/down depending on if you win or lose and the distance between your and your opponents ranks

The advantages:

-People in fights will be as close to your rank as possible so if you have a high rank you won't be fighting new/bad players
    -People won't go on it to mess around and annoy people because if they do their rank will go down putting them at the bottom with the other people that do the same stuff
    -People could see how they ranked in the world
    -You could still have the option to play just for fun so people could pratice fighting without actually losing rank
    -They could set up online tournaments and a lot of things that work off of this...
    ------------------

Wii games I own:

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    I'm actually glad there are no World Rankings because it's the type of thing that makes people quit in the middle of a game. If somebody is a sore loser, these ranks will only encourage them to quit during a game so there loss will not affect there position on the World Rankings.
    i agree 100%

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FR.
    i agree 100%
    Did you read what I said at all about that being a forfeit and counting as an automatic loss and a win for the other person?

And if you are going to say that this will result in people fighting there friends and having them forfeit to gain easy rank... It won't, because their friends will be lower ranks than them so tehy'll hardly gain any rank and if the difference is too big they won't gain any...

In other words to gain rank you play against people that are higher rank than you or the players that you are placed against when you click the autofind button...
    ------------------

Wii games I own:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads