LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84
  1. #41
    Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    25994
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    381
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think ranking is a good thing, It reminds you of how much you died compaired to how many you PK'd and it get's your spirit up when you eventually have a crap load more PK's than Deaths but it is a show offy thing to have, And it's always good to eventually learn on your own how good or... Bad your enemy may be-

  2. #42
    WiiChat Member ....wiiiiiii.....'s Avatar
    Member #
    1732
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Auzzie land (freo)
    Posts
    518
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5312-7293-3513-9932
    he said for this "mode" in the first comment about not having online rankings.
    the fact that he stated that there is no rankings, and said that it wont be for THIS mode is good a enough reason for me to believe that there will be an online mode in smash bros with some kind of online ranking. i think that mode of wifi is just for fooling around with friends and people around the world, and there will be another competitive mode for those crazy hardcore smash bros fans that want to see how good they are compared to the world.
    so my thoughts is that this mode is just for having fun, practising, and getting ready for the hardcore mode.

  3. #43
    Buy me a Wii! GigaOni's Avatar
    Member #
    36256
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Termina
    Posts
    87
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Okay, let me go ahead and explain a few things that don't make sense and make these "World Rankings" or whatever the hell a huge pain. You shouldn't base the rankings on a Win : Lose ratio because there's many ways you can corrupt it therefore, you should put it by a point standard. Points can be earned by causing damage to the player, kills, Final Smashes [from what I've read they're actually quite hard to get], and wins. Wins do contribute to the player's points but, they aren't the only way to achieve them. I think this is the best way in going about making the "World rankings". I think also that they could give you points for doing certain things during battles that are not so easy to get.. maybe.. double kills?

    Yes, it sounds a lot like Halo and Gears of Wars rankings but, they do have the best ranking system for a reason.

    A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

  4. #44
    OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    36492
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ....wiiiiiii.....
    he said for this "mode" in the first comment about not having online rankings.
    the fact that he stated that there is no rankings, and said that it wont be for THIS mode is good a enough reason for me to believe that there will be an online mode in smash bros with some kind of online ranking. i think that mode of wifi is just for fooling around with friends and people around the world, and there will be another competitive mode for those crazy hardcore smash bros fans that want to see how good they are compared to the world.
    so my thoughts is that this mode is just for having fun, practising, and getting ready for the hardcore mode.
    I don't know, it seems to say that there are too modes one for with the world that has no rankings and one with friends that might have rankings...
    ------------------

    Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

    So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

  5. #45
    OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    36492
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOni
    Okay, let me go ahead and explain a few things that don't make sense and make these "World Rankings" or whatever the hell a huge pain. You shouldn't base the rankings on a Win : Lose ratio because there's many ways you can corrupt it therefore, you should put it by a point standard. Points can be earned by causing damage to the player, kills, Final Smashes [from what I've read they're actually quite hard to get], and wins. Wins do contribute to the player's points but, they aren't the only way to achieve them. I think this is the best way in going about making the "World rankings". I think also that they could give you points for doing certain things during battles that are not so easy to get.. maybe.. double kills?

    Yes, it sounds a lot like Halo and Gears of Wars rankings but, they do have the best ranking system for a reason.
    I think I like what I said before about it going by wins and loses but not just by how many, it goes by the rank of the person you beat/lose against compared to your rank
    ------------------

    Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

    So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

  6. #46
    Any Mingus Tea? Mingus's Avatar
    Member #
    32647
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    671
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpro
    There are not world ranking only rankings amongst your friends. I think the ranking system should be based on who you win against not just wins and loses. For instance, You are ranked 100 000th and you beat someone ranked 200 000th your rank would hardly go up but if you are ranked 200 000th and you beat someone ranked 100 000th then your rank would go up majorily
    I don't think that would be a very appropriate means of ranking.

    I think a ranking system would be nice. Come on guys, we all know it's about who has the bigger "you know what". That's why people get the Mustang instead of the Mini-Van. That's why I spent $500 extra dollars the other day so my full stack amp would say Marshall on it instead of a good off brand. That's why people want to win. They want others to know how good they are. It feels good to win. I doubt it seriously that if there was a well deisgned ranking system you wouldn't click on "anyone". I would, and the first time I'd win, I'd play again, and I'd probably just keep going to see how well I'd do until next thing I know, it's a habbit and a goal to get in maybe the top 1000 players in the world. Pretty rediculous but I'm sure everyone here would do it too. I don't think women would have the same problem but most men. That's why I keep playing BF2, I just want the next rank, so people will see me and say, well hell, he must be good. It's a sickness I can not defeat.

    edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by GigaOni
    Okay, let me go ahead and explain a few things that don't make sense and make these "World Rankings" or whatever the hell a huge pain. You shouldn't base the rankings on a Win : Lose ratio because there's many ways you can corrupt it therefore, you should put it by a point standard. Points can be earned by causing damage to the player, kills, Final Smashes [from what I've read they're actually quite hard to get], and wins. Wins do contribute to the player's points but, they aren't the only way to achieve them. I think this is the best way in going about making the "World rankings". I think also that they could give you points for doing certain things during battles that are not so easy to get.. maybe.. double kills?

    Yes, it sounds a lot like Halo and Gears of Wars rankings but, they do have the best ranking system for a reason.
    Remember there was a mode that gave you points for your fighting style. Things such as having all Air Attacks, or never leaving the ground, you guys know what I'm talking about. It could be based off of something like that. I would like that, it wouldn't be about just winning or loosing, this would assist in bullcrap like when you fall off accidentally and die
    Last edited by Mingus; 10-29-2007 at 02:33 PM.

    Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com


  7. #47
    WiiChat Member Ablaze's Avatar
    Member #
    33592
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada, Québec
    Posts
    49
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0920-9474-3654-3941
    What a boring thread.

    Doesn't matter how much you guys wish for such or such feature to appear in SSBB, it will be as it will.

    Anyway if you want competition that hardcore, go play a match or two of Charged, you'll be satisfied trust me. This damn game conducts heat through the Wiimote
    Games: Mario strikers charged, Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars 2.
    Add me!

  8. #48
    The Shoke Shoko's Avatar
    Member #
    20369
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,292
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ablaze
    What a boring thread.

    Doesn't matter how much you guys wish for such or such feature to appear in SSBB, it will be as it will.

    Anyway if you want competition that hardcore, go play a match or two of Charged, you'll be satisfied trust me. This damn game conducts heat through the Wiimote
    true.

    but really guys think about it. if there was a ranking system people would quit the match before its over. 99% of ur matches would be cut off bevause of quiters. and, without a ranking system, we would have no worries, since...well... there would be no ranking. like sakurai said, we can just sit back and relax. now, would you rather play:
    1. worrying about your ranking or worrying because someone past you up in rank

    or

    2. play carefree with no worries and if u lose, it's an "oh well"- type matter?


    Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa


    Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228


    [SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me


  9. #49
    OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    36492
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    true.

    but really guys think about it. if there was a ranking system people would quit the match before its over. 99% of ur matches would be cut off bevause of quiters. and, without a ranking system, we would have no worries, since...well... there would be no ranking. like sakurai said, we can just sit back and relax. now, would you rather play:
    1. worrying about your ranking or worrying because someone past you up in rank

    or

    2. play carefree with no worries and if u lose, it's an "oh well"- type matter?
    It's not going to be a carefree fun match after about a year it will be a bunch of poeple with mod chips battling 4 year olds that have no idea what is going on... Can people not see that the game will become out of control without ranks and a suspension/banning system...
    ------------------

    Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

    So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

  10. #50
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    20794
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,870
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Again, thats why you get friends to play with, and don't click the 'with others' button. You'll also be ranked if you do this, so you're hitting two birds with one stone

    The equation isn't that hard to figure out.

    Not to fit a mold,

    Not to join a trend,

    Not to follow a crowd


+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts