+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    So you play them to prove it.

This is another argument that will not die. I would rather ranks be left out, you would rather them be in, and theres nothing that either of us can say to change the other's opinion. I'm done here.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by {Axtlár}
    the purpose of rankings for people like you complaining about Brawl not having ranks against strangers are only to pressure yourself and to show-off, if it truly was for the challenge of wanting to become better at the game and to have fun, you would not be complaining. Sakurai must have made this on purpose to have poeple like you lighten up and realize it's a game for fun not for geeking up with "flashy" rankings.
    My point is just that with rankings it could match you up by rank so the fights you were put in by using the with anyone button would be matched fairly evenly and you would fight people around your level.

I wouldn't even mind it if they just had behind the scenes ranks for the sole purpose of mathc-up's that no one could really see
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Before I read your last paragraph/sentence, it's exactly what I was gonna say: maybe they do have "behind-the-scenes" rankings for the sole purpose of putting two players together to fight with the same level more or less.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    So you play them to prove it.

This is another argument that will not die. I would rather ranks be left out, you would rather them be in, and theres nothing that either of us can say to change the other's opinion. I'm done here.

I like the play to prove idea Then you might be suprised by how good someone is and that's always fun.

I just wouldn't want to add people permantently because it would make it too hard to find people I actually know on the list of all the people I've added. So I would probably remove people after I played them a couple times...

Unless They could have a way to add people on brawl only not on your wii...
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    6933-4153-8003-7406
    Smashboards are working on a rankings system, so all will be well once they've figured it out.
    Competitive Smash > Casual Smash > Online Smash

WiiLoaded.com Administrator

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpro
    I like the play to prove idea Then you might be suprised by how good someone is and that's always fun.

I just wouldn't want to add people permantently because it would make it too hard to find people I actually know on the list of all the people I've added. So I would probably remove people after I played them a couple times...

Unless They could have a way to add people on brawl only not on your wii...
    Thats where we disagree.

I consider many people on this site to be just as a friend as many of my day-to-day friends, if not more. Many a time I've decided not to hang out at a friends house so that I could chat with some of my friends on here.

Having said that, and seeing that all of my friends on WiiChat are better Brawler's (gamers) than any of my day-to-day friends, they go in front of my day-to-day friends on my FC List.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Thats where we disagree.

I consider many people on this site to be just as a friend as many of my day-to-day friends, if not more. Many a time I've decided not to hang out at a friends house so that I could chat with some of my friends on here.

Having said that, and seeing that all of my friends on WiiChat are better Brawler's (gamers) than any of my day-to-day friends, they go in front of my day-to-day friends on my FC List.
    I second that!

I only know girls in real life and it's pain watching them play Smash Bros.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    oops, I submited this twice... just scroll down...
    Last edited by Paulpro; 11-01-2007 at 05:25 PM.
    ------------------

Wii games I own:

Member #
    Friends
    Thats where we disagree.

I'm thinking more for sending people messages that I know in real life but live on the other side of the country (for instance my cousin who never goes on the computer so I can't email him) and things like that.

I am still wondering if you can have a seperate friends list for every game, that is also seperate from your Wii friends list. If you can then I don't really have a problem with adding people I don't know to my brawl friends list.
    ------------------

Wii games I own:

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Yes, all online games have their own Friend Code, and thus there own list of friends. My Wii has about 20 Friends and my Mario Strikers has 3.

And on a second note, thanks to a wii update, you can now organize your buddy list however you please. You can click and drag names by pressing A+B and place them in an empty spot. I left a blank page between my online friends and day-to-day friends, and I think that would solve your problem, too.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads