Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491

Ranking Question

Do you think when playing random people, your record will be kept but you won't be ranked? I mean if you sign into your thing in brawl like your custom control scheme, wont that record wins and losses? all i want is a record keeper like strikers. do you think it will have that?
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    probably but whats the point of a record without ranks?

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Go Win a Darwin Award SantaClaws's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7210-0959-6535-8841
    Setting goals for yourself

I do that on MSC

that's why i hate disconnecting faggots so much, because it messes up my personal win:loss ratio

MSC:159022 302146 Wins:912 Losses:391
    GH3: 0817-2537-3426 [Expert]
    Brawl: 4382-1804-6851

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^It won't happen. The reason there are no ranks with 'anyone' is in an attempt to stop people from disconnecting when they are about to lose. If there are any records of any form, than it is likely that people will disconnect, regardless of whether they're records are publicly shown or not.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    They could make it so that a disconnect counts as two loses or something, then people wouldn't do it
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Haha, I think I'm finally figuring out where you're coming from. Okay, new approach:

Nintendo won't do the whole 'Disconnect and your score goes down' thing. I dont know why, but they just aren't that far along in their online experience. That is why we have been disagreeing this whole time, atleast I think. Because you think that they could solve the problem that way, while I, on the other hand, have accepted the fact that it will not happen, and the possibility has not even crossed my mind.

So this is where I'm coming from: Since Nintendo won't do that, the only logical choice is to not rank games.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    okay so we're good then? No more constant posting back and forth...
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think it'd be that hard to make it record disconnects as loses though (not to start anything again)

I am a student programmer C++ and java and I know I could prgram a way to record disconnects as loses as long as they don't both disconnect at the excact same time. Although I'm probably wrong... I've only taken introductory courses in each language and I'm guessing theres a reason it would probably slow it down or something annoying like that
    ------------------

Wii games I own:

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    That isn't the point.

It isn't a matter of what Nintendo can do, its a matter of what Nintendo will do. I don't know why, but they refuse to make it happen.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    okay thanks for the clarification
    ------------------

Wii games I own:

Ads