LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: me smash!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    thanks for the replies yall.

just finished playing a couple rounds, it realy is a skill game, i know this because of how consistently i lose.. the closest I got to a victory was with Mario. He's my best char so I guess I'd consider him my mainstay... fun to play. But I havent unlocked all the chars (just jigglypuff so far) or learned how to play others well, thus far I like Kirby too.

Those vids are cool Levesque, i like infected mushroom music selection. Just watched the first video and I'll try out some of those techniques after..

What is an 'aerial'? is that just pressing a for a regular attack in the air??

I cant reliably do smash attacks...is there some secret to it?

And anyway, is playing stock against 3 on very hard (3 against 1?) and winning actually possible, Lugia?

Gonna practice dodging..and smashing

Thanks everybody, again. later
    Last edited by Mapei; 11-05-2007 at 02:13 PM.

bw!
    Member #
    Friends
    on melee mode (2 player mode) i use the c stick (its yellow) to do fast smash attacks because its a little better than pressing 2 butons at once

but if you like to charge the smash attacks then use the A button
    Miles "Tails" Prowers

Two tails are better than one.
    Spoiler Alert!

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Break that habit before Brawl comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapei
    thanks for the replies yall.

just finished playing a couple rounds, it realy is a skill game, i know this because of how consistently i lose.. the closest I got to a victory was with Mario. He's my best char so I guess I'd consider him my mainstay... fun to play. But I havent unlocked all the chars (just jigglypuff so far) or learned how to play others well, thus far I like Kirby too.

Those vids are cool Levesque, i like infected mushroom music selection. Just watched the first video and I'll try out some of those techniques after..

What is an 'aerial'? is that just pressing a for a regular attack in the air??

I cant reliably do smash attacks...is there some secret to it?

And anyway, is playing stock against 3 on very hard (3 against 1?) and winning actually possible, Lugia?

Gonna practice dodging..and smashing

Thanks everybody, again. later
    1. Yes, this is a very competetive game. You will not win many matches through luck.
    2. An aerial is any move that you use in the air. There are neutral aerials (just press a in the air) forward aerials (A+Forward in the air) Backward aerials (A+Back in the air) Down aerials (A+Down in the air) and Up aerials (A+Up in the air).
    3. No. This seems to be a tough thing to become accustomed to for new smashers, because not many games have you pressing two things at once. Practice practice practice. SSB is a game about timing, there are no shortcuts.
    4. If you can play a human opponent, that will be much better than playing the computer. Otherwise, just play 1v1 matches against varying enemies.
    5. There are many different types of dodges. You can shield by pressing L/R. You can roll by shielding and then pressing Left/Right. You can Ground dodge by pressing L/R and down, and you can air dodge by pressing L/R(With a direction) in the air.
    Not to fit a mold,
    Not to join a trend,
    Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei
    yea, it is if you know what youre doing. it includes alot of waiting for your enemies to come to you. it helps you with youre timing and you learn what moves to use fighting up and down hill. leves gave alot strategy for 1 on 1 but most of that you wouldnt bother doing against 3 people or bots for that matter.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ^Frequently using the C Stick, as well as jumping with the control stick, are two of the worst habits you can get into.
    What are you talking about???? Let's say someone has aboutg 150% damage. Why not hit the C stick??? You get the kill instantly. Not using the C stick would be idiotic in that situation.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    What characer does he use becuase every character has a counter..
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    What are you talking about???? Let's say someone has aboutg 150% damage. Why not hit the C stick??? You get the kill instantly. Not using the C stick would be idiotic in that situation.
    Lawl.

This is my exact point. If you were to smash regularly than using the C-Stick wouldn't even cross your mind in this situation because you smash flawlessly. However, if you use the C-Stick frequently than when you need to use the manual smash you have a good chance of messing up.

What'd idiotic is thinking that a good opponent will let you get a smash attack in on them at 150%
    Not to fit a mold,
    Not to join a trend,
    Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    I never liked using the C stick, it felt uncomfortable and unusual, I guess I was already use to using the manual smash attacks.

OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia
    play stock against a team of 3 random char bots on very hard. when you can beat those bots youll probably be ready to whip your friend.
    Don't play against computers, even though a team of 3 can be somewhat hard to beat computers are extremely easy to time smashes on unlike real people that can dodge. In other words, computers will continue walking towards you while you charge up for a smash, or they will fall right at you. A real person is much smarter than this. SO I would have to say practice by playing against him but NOT by just trying to win.

For instance for one match see how much % of his attacks you can dodge,
    For the next see how big of a combo you can get,
    For the next see how high you can get his damage without killing him,
    and for the fourth see how much damage you can take wihtout dying (for instance using wall teching to survive fully charged smashes at high percent and things like that)

You'll probably lose all these battles but they will help you so that the next time you play him you can use all your skills to beat him.

Wall teching is pressing L at the excact second you touch a wall when you are flying away after a strong attack and have high percent.
    You'll stop at the wall instead of bouncing off
    Hyrule Temple is a great place to practice and use this tech on.
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchik
    Agreed. I hate people who use the C-stick. And why would you jump with the control stick...it's stupid. It makes it much harder to pull off aerials and it's just harder than pushing a button.
    i always jump with the control stick when im' not directly in combat, just because i perfer it....feels more natural in my opinion

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads