Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delay remorce.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    two things wrong with your logic

a) Sega....not capcom
    b) sonic was playable at the demo at e4a, shortly after he was announced, and it wouldn't take 2 months to do one character.....
    Something tells me when they made their pitch to Sega about Sonic they had some what of an idea of what they were planning to do with him and how he would act with in-game play. Surely they designed him and presented it to Sega and showed them the demo to help in the decision making. It was most likely due to the addition of Sonic in brawl that the game was delayed.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    i would have some remorce if i thought that they werent doing this with every notable game they release. i do believe the delay could have something less important to do with adding a char like sonic instead of adding a map editor or fixing wifi. it sounds like they should take the making of some anti-hacks into consideration while making us wait longer. at least then i think id have some remorce knowing theyre getting prepared with the game and not just adding/editing s***.
    Last edited by Lugia; 11-12-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    Something tells me when they made their pitch to Sega about Sonic they had some what of an idea of what they were planning to do with him and how he would act with in-game play. Surely they designed him and presented it to Sega and showed them the demo to help in the decision making. It was most likely due to the addition of Sonic in brawl that the game was delayed.
    Exactly! Brawl was delayed two months for something that already happened. What? It makes perfect sense!
    GAME OVER

"And the food? Good?!" BigORhyme's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    As much as delays suck now, there's almost always actually a good thing. Instant gratification is nice, but a flaw-free long-term gaming experience is better.
    I tend to get on around 8 o'clock PM Eastern time, and mostly play until I get too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lain
    "...and not just any challenge, I want to face you in the nude!!!!"
    Strikers FC: 356595-967869
    Name: Big O

The Carolina Panthers are: 6-9
    Next week: at Tampa Bay ()

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    NO IT DOSN'T!

okay for arguements sake let's just go with mingus's theory(although i am certain it is false, what problem would sega/sonic team have with lending sonic for brawl, it only boosts up his popularity).

a)Why would nintendo announce the date for december 3rd if they were having problems getting sega's agreement?
    b)it wouldn't work that way....they wouldn't spend the time to code sonic if they didn't know for sure, they would probably approach sega with a design document....at most
    c) they had him developed before e4a, they must of had sega's agreement before e4a, now since sonic is officially in the game...developed and everything.....why would they delay it? for a stage and items?
    NO....it wouldn't take that long to code it...if if it took 2 months per character(with items and what not) the game would be out in 2010
    d) before starting to code a game, they have design documents for everything, they probably decided that sonic was in before they even started coding

Sonic was not the reason for the delay,

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    megaman??

i dunno, i really think this is for headset support. i cant see anything smaller than this addition being the cause of a two month delay. i also think that brawl will nix friend codes or simplify online gameplay. although with the check mii out channel having numbers for individual miis, my hopes fell a little. but i still believe it.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    i say the delay was MOSTLY cause of sonic (i think he was a last minute addition.) but i hear it was delayed just to polish it up, which i guess im OK with. but i still get angry considering the fact that Dec. 3rd is right around the corner

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    okay the game was delayed 2 whole freaking months, if it took 2 months per character/and his levels/items and assuming the roster would be around 40....let's see that would be more than 7 years, and you're forgetting about game modes, wi-fi and single player

AND sonic was announced and developed before they delayed the game......it was not sonic, no one has a single peice of evidence as to why sonic would be the reason

it was probably because of a variety of bugs and glitches, and just to polish the game over-all or like samxcore said, it might have something to do with online

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I agree with you Mushroomedmario. I highly doubt it would take two whole months to add Sonic into the game, especially since he's already playable.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    if it took 2 months per character/and his levels/items and assuming the roster would be around 40....let's see that would be more than 7 years, and you're forgetting about game modes, wi-fi and single player

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    i say the delay was MOSTLY cause of sonic (i think he was a last minute addition.) but i hear it was delayed just to polish it up, which i guess im OK with. but i still get angry considering the fact that Dec. 3rd is right around the corner
    wrong! Hes probably 100% done now. Its for tune-ups.

Gee if Brawl had a 20 year development it would have to be worth more than life or else I'd murder Ninty

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Ads