Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimoi
    I reserved it and I will still camp out. I need it the second it is released.

Same here
    Plus just fake sick
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    ...no, I didnt even camp out for my Wii. My gf did . It was an early xmas present to me and she wanted to get me something I "really wanted". She felt bad because I never really "loved" the gifts she has gotten in the past so she wanted me to get something I would love. Needless to say she was right and I love it. I got her an ipod nano 8g with TONS of accessories too though... **** my gf is the best ima go hug her right damn now haha
    Last edited by Wiggly; 11-30-2007 at 09:39 PM.
    Wii would like to play.

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggly
    ...no, I didnt even camp out for my Wii. My gf did . It was an early xmas present to me and she wanted to get me something I "really wanted". She felt bad because I never really "loved" the gifts she has gotten in the past so she wanted me to get something I would love. Needless to say she was right and I love it. I got her an ipod nano 8g with TONS of accessories too though... **** my gf is the best ima go hug her right damn now haha

My story is very similar.

My now fiance and I had both been dying for a wii, she promised to get me one for the holidays. (we were dating at the time and both still lived with our parents)

I asked how would she get it since she lived out in the boondocks 25 minutes from the city with no car. Her parents were going to take her? Not likely.

So she relented to giving me the money so I could buy it but not play it until after x-mas. (i still gotta get her back for that one.)

I did my research and learned that our local gamestop was getting 'a few' (undisclosed number..they hinted less than 4.) wii's before the holiday season.

I asked to pre-order and was told no it was first come first serve. So I walk about to the mall at like 12:30 at night and spend the night sipping coffe from a thermos and playing my DS. I was forever bestowed by the Gamestop owner as "Albany's most devoted gamer" for my troubles.

The conversation went something like this:
    *after explaining to the rent-a-cop for the third time that I was not breaking any laws by waiting outside the store for it to open*

Manager: Why the hell are you here so early?
    Me: *shivering* I heard you were getting your wii shipment in today.
    Manager: You mean to tell me..you waited all night long..in the cold...for a F%&king wii?
    Me: Yup.
    Manager: Are you nuts?
    Me:No..I'm devoted.
    Manager:*laughs* well...you earned it.

There were a few others there as well to get wii' for their kids for Christmas. One of the other mall employees took one of them leaving a very upset mother and a most likely very disappointed little boy come Christmas morning. (aparently he had made a deal with the gamestop clerk in advance thus screwing the last person out of their wii..since he worked there and got there before they opened to the public)

But this game will be pre-ordered so there will be no frstbite this time.

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    ^^ lol, i like that story.

Well, i would camp for it. No doubt. but i have a psp, not a ds, so I'd take that. 3 mates from school are as Brawl hungry as me (there are alot of wii owners and brawl lovers at my school) so i might line up the night before if they were up for it. But here in Australia, they shut the entire complex down... does that happen in u.s? Or can you line up outside the shop, rather than the whole mall.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    idn if im' going to camp out,(already preordered it), i'm just going to eb games on feb 9th, ask them if they know around what time they're getting it, say if it comes around noon, i'll go there arou 10:30, cause my eb games has a 10 minute line up on usualy days, with brawl it's going to be really long.....and i just hate lines

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I need to pre-order still
    And camping out may be an option for me, considering many of the local stores around me don't get the games till about a few days later.

I have to go for a 30-40 min drive to different places to find stores that have it.
    Like the Best Buy's etc.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    2704-5528-6520-6101
    why are you guys so convinced its coming out con sunday....
    ISNT IT FEB?

plz msg me if you wanna play mario kart or metroid on the DS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads